Boley to Seattle? or Cinci?

maxatlanta

I wanted him resigned last year, but now I can't see it happening. He has a serious lack of production and playmaking in this system. Last year he was lining up at DE and making plays and tackles all over the field. Hopefully he gets paid well and puts up enough numbers to factor into a comp pick. Mora and Ruskell drafted him, Zimmer got a lot out of him.

Yeah the only thing as equally surprising as our fast turnaround is the disappointing play of Boley. Man last year he was a beast, and this year he has been very quiet. I hate it too because I thought we had "the player" we needed at that position, and now we have to find someone to play that position for us in the offseason.

It does not appear that Boley is the man for the job. Man did he blow his opportunity BIG TIME. He is going to look back at this year, and kick himself in the butt for not playing well enough to remain a Falcon.

Where did Coy Wire even come from? the guy has played GREAT ball for us these past few crucial weeks.

He played for BUF. Due to his smaller size, they moved him from LB to SS when he was there. He started @ safety there, but then had a bad neck injury. HIs return to the NFL was questionable, and BUF gave up on him.

We brought him in, moved him back to LB , where he played in college, and it has payed off nicely. He was never a bum, even when out of position @ BUF.

He played for BUF. Due to his smaller size, they moved him from LB to SS when he was there. He started @ safety there, but then had a bad neck injury. HIs return to the NFL was questionable, and BUF gave up on him.

We brought him in, moved him back to LB , where he played in college, and it has payed off nicely. He was never a bum, even when out of position @ BUF.

Awesome, thats a good story.I hope he stays healthy and keeps contributing.He sounds like a true grid iron warrior.

I thought LB would be a strength for us this season, but Boley has really disappointed.

I would be happy to see next year's starting line-up be Coy Wire, Curtis Lofton, and Stephen Nicholas/Robert James.

i like coy wire, but after looking at his age id like him to be a stepping stone to our permanent solution. Look at offense. our offense is young and strong, so our D should be the same.

Best of Luck to Boley. However, we need to improve our LBs corp. This year draft has plenty of good Lbs.

Vanderbilt- Arron Curry

USC- Rey Mauluaga and Brian Cushing

Ohio State- James Laurintis.

I think we need to go after a LB in the first round. Go for a pass rusher in Free Agent.

Aaron Curry plays for Wake. And will be long gone before we pick. Easily the best senior prospect in the draft.

Maulauga is not going to be able to play OLB in the NFL. He does not have the hips for it, best suited as an ILB for the 3-4 or MLB for the 4-3

Cushing is injury prone and is very overated I wouldn't spend a first on him.

Hopefully Lauriniatis falls to us due to questions about his ability to shed blocks, he would be a perfect replacement for Brooking at the WLB, as he i great in coverage.

And the solution is (drumroll..............................) :

Brooking - demoted or cut

Boley - moves to WLB, which suits him better

Lofton - takes care of business in the middle

Sign a SLB - I don't think Nicholas can handle it on an every down basis

I think Boley would produce at the Will. JMO

I like they way Wire has played, but I honestly think Atlanta would look to find two starters. Wire has had some realy good games, but this was a guy that we just picked up from available players. I don't know about him as a starter for 16 games.

Maybe he just needed a scheme that fits his style of play and we gave it to him. Who knows?

Aaron Curry plays for Wake. And will be long gone before we pick. Easily the best senior prospect in the draft.

Maulauga is not going to be able to play OLB in the NFL. He does not have the hips for it, best suited as an ILB for the 3-4 or MLB for the 4-3

Cushing is injury prone and is very overated I wouldn't spend a first on him.

Hopefully Lauriniatis falls to us due to questions about his ability to shed blocks, he would be a perfect replacement for Brooking at the WLB, as he i great in coverage.

If we draft Mauluaga, we can move Lofton to the outside...SLB. He played that position in college. Mauluaga can man the middle. Sign a Free agent linebackers that can share time with Coy on the WLB.

I would not be mad if we draft Laurinistis. The guy can play.

We just need to fix our pass rush defense and LB.

I think this type of trade could be possible. Boley was drafted for a one gap Tampa two penetrating defense, if you look at Smith and Van Gorder (both were together in Jax) they had big DTs, Big LBs (Ingram is 240 and Daryl Smith 245-250) on the Outside to stop the run. Boley is more of a play in space type.

Try Boley at WLB this week. He is small and would work better with less blockers in his face.

yeah, I would like to see this tried as well - Boley to the weakside. I'm sorry to you loyal Brooking fans - but he proved again against ViQueens that he is not "starter caliber" anymore. That tight end with the vietnamese sounding name burnt Brooking to a crisp and Brooking whiffed on a free shot at Tavaris Jackson for a sack as well.....

Its like watching a 50yr old dad out trying to play flag football with a bunch of college guys......very sad :(

I think Coy Wire at SLB, Curtis Lofton at MLB and Michael Boley at WLB would put our best guys on the field. Plus, maybe Boley would get reinvigorated by the move - even if Boley goes elsewhere after seasons end - it would help Boley to show off his skills in remaining game and playoff games...........so, Boley would be motivated to play well....

All of the speculation is fun but the great thing is, we now have a Coach and GM who are capable of assessing our needs and finding the right players to fill them. I have supreme confidence in TD and Smitty and I can't wait to see what they come up with in next years draft and free agent market. They can draft Bozo the clown for all I care as long as they believe he fits the system. What TD is doing reminds me a lot of how Schuerholz came in and built a dynasty out of the Braves. Different sport but hopefully the same result.