GEAUX, SAINTS!

BankerBird™

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

against division opponents, teams are 0-11 on the road... definately something to be aware of. i think we ALL will be hoping for the Saints to lose, although im not quite sure they can handle Carolinas one two punch in their run game. what time is their game?

1:00. Same as ours unless the league moves us to 4pm. I don't know all of the logistics, but that seems like it could happen.

against division opponents, teams are 0-11 on the road... definately something to be aware of. i think we ALL will be hoping for the Saints to lose, although im not quite sure they can handle Carolinas one two punch in their run game. what time is their game?

Normally, it would be a 1:00 p.m. ET start, but given what's riding on this for the Panthers, I wouldn't be surprised if the time is changed to 4:00. And let's not forget - the Saints have something riding on this game, too. A win would give them a winning record for the season, as opposed to finishing 8-8. I think the players want to get this win for Brees, too, as he pursues breaking Dan Marino's passing record and that record would look better on a 9-7 team than one that's 8-8.

Normally, it would be a 1:00 p.m. ET start, but given what's riding on this for the Panthers, I wouldn't be surprised if the time is changed to 4:00. And let's not forget - the Saints have something riding on this game, too. A win would give them a winning record for the season, as opposed to finishing 8-8. I think the players want to get this win for Brees, too, as he pursues breaking Dan Marino's passing record and that record would look better on a 9-7 team than one that's 8-8.

If I remember correctly, the last week of the season, both networks get the double-header. Right now, there's only three late games (2 FOX, 1 CBS). CBS' late game is Denver/SD, which is huge. I wouldn't be surprised to see one more game moved to 4:15...unfortunately, that game will probably be Miami/NYJ. The league loves to put the Giants and Jets at different times. On the other hand, the Giants play Minny at 1:00, too.

So I guess what I am really saying is I have no idea. There's a few candidates.

LOSE, PANTIES, LOSE!!!!!

They will be showing the scores on the boards at the game - you can bet if the Panties lose and we win - that place will erupt like no other! Get your sound recorder ready, Mr. Hodge!

In 2007, I attended a Braves/Phillies game the last week of the season. The Mets were also playing and were in the midst of that historic free-fall. The scoreboard operators waited until the Mets went final to show the score. The Phillies were up a couple runs late in the game with playoffs on the line. Needless to say, when they posted that Mets score (loss), Citizens Bank Park EXPLODED like nothing I have heard before.

Which raises the question: Show the running CAR/NO score? Or keep it under lock until the game goes final?

LOSE, PANTIES, LOSE!!!!!

They will be showing the scores on the boards at the game - you can bet if the Panties lose and we win - that place will erupt like no other! Get your sound recorder ready, Mr. Hodge!

I'm getting tickets to the game for Xmas. I can't wait!

And the Aints need for us to win the Div - that will keep the last-to-first going in our div and give them hope that next year will be their turn.

In 2007, I attended a Braves/Phillies game the last week of the season. The Mets were also playing and were in the midst of that historic free-fall. The scoreboard operators waited until the Mets went final to show the score. The Phillies were up a couple runs late in the game with playoffs on the line. Needless to say, when they posted that Mets score (loss), Citizens Bank Park EXPLODED like nothing I have heard before.

Which raises the question: Show the running CAR/NO score? Or keep it under lock until the game goes final?

I think Mike Smith will try to keep them focussed. But with this age of technology - even if they don't show it - people will have their cell phones running. The place will go nuts - so you can bet that they will know.

Should be a good game.I believe the Saints at home are going to pull this one off.They have a lot to prove and ending the season with a winning record and beating a division rival would be huge for them.I just hope Brees doesn't go crazy slinging the rock around trying to beat Marinos record.

I say don't continually "scroll" it. Keep it limited to the "around the league" score updates given periodically. No use in needlessly distracting the players. We need them to stay focused on the task at hand - beating the St. Louis Lambs.

Waterboy_2.jpg

HAHAHA!

God, the buzz on this board today is awesome. I am loving this. I can't believe I am actually going to cheer for the Saints. When it comes to a team I hate beating another team, I usually just cheer for the other team to lose and not for the hated team to win. However, I will truly be cheering for the Saints this weekend because I hate Carolina too (not as much as the Saints).

Who dat? Who dat? Who dat...

Okay, I can only go so far. That chant is dumb as he*#. Go Saints! :lol:

man....this is a dream and a nightmare.

I hate no team more than the Saints, but for my Falcons I have to root for them. At least they are playing the team I loathe second most.

with how much I hate the Saints I cant root for them to win....but I will root for the Panthers to lose. :)

man....this is a dream and a nightmare.

I hate no team more than the Saints, but for my Falcons I have to root for them. At least they are playing the team I loathe second most.

go Saints!,,,,,,now i have to go vomit after saying that. :mellow:

I actually hate the Panthers worse than I do the Saints, even though the history we have with New Orleans is much deeper. Panthers players (like Steve Smith), and their fans, are such prima donnas, and nothing would make me happier than to see them plunge from potentially being the #2 seed all the way to #5.

Well, I hate Smith more than any other player in the NFL, but I just cant let go of my hatred for the Aints.

Maybe if Katrina Bowl never happened, but that will take 5 years for me to sweep under the rug.

anyways, go Panthers.....lose the game for us! It is destiny after all. Worst 2 First, keep it alive.

Well, I hate Smith more than any other player in the NFL, but I just cant let go of my hatred for the Aints.

Maybe if Katrina Bowl never happened, but that will take 5 years for me to sweep under the rug.

anyways, go Panthers.....lose the game for us! It is destiny after all. Worst 2 First, keep it alive.

That was ESPN's first MNF season. There was like six hours of pregame show that day. I can still remember thinking "okay, this is great for New Orleans but the rivalry is also great for getting back to football: where is the Falcons coverage?" It made me sick.

That was ESPN's first MNF season. There was like six hours of pregame show that day. I can still remember thinking "okay, this is great for New Orleans but the rivalry is also great for getting back to football: where is the Falcons coverage?" It made me sick.

Don't ferget the Vick coverage on MNF against the Saints last year. It was Vick/Patriots all pre-game and post-game. It was infuriating, especially because a great story would have been Dunn meeting his mother's killer.