Vikes Fan Here

Huck Finn

Nice game, Falcons' fans.

A decent team forces turnovers. A good team forces turnovers on the road.

A good team builds a big lead on the road. A decent team hangs on to the win.

A good running back scores a touchdown.

An Adrian Peterson gives you the game.

I'd love to meet up with you guys in the playoffs - I think the teams are pretty evenly matched. We had a ton of bad, bad breaks today, some caused by the Falcons, many the Vikings' own errors.

Although I'd love to meet up with you in the playoffs, we have bigger fish to fry first: making it there.

Congrats on a great turnaround from last year to this!

Thanks. Other than the 1st quarter I would say the game was pretty close. I have a little more respect for TJ, although he reminds me a lot of a former felon QB we use to have. Not sure if you guys are going to win with him. Who knows, but you have to give him a chance. Your D is a lot better than I thought. So are your WR's. Not impressed with AP. Not at all.

well done... was a **** of a game... can't believe our defense couldn't figure out run contain on TJ and double cover Shiancoe... TJ took off every time Shiancoe was covered... Guys almost overcame 4 Turnovers to make a comeback

Matt did what he needed to do - couldn't find White because of good coverage, so picked up second and third threats - and Turner didn't do a ton (although a TD is always good on the road)...a nice win for the birds. Great QB, great RB you have.

I think Tarvaris is coming around. That's 2.5 good games. The Falcons forced a key fumble from him and Birk mis-timed a snap, but otherwise, I'm pretty pleased with the kid.

Good luck in the playoffs. Like you, I'm rooting for the Panthers tonight. We beat them once and if they lose, it will seal our division if he Packers win tomorrow night.

Backing into the playoffs isn't fun, but I'll take it anyway the Vikings will offer it now.

I'd love to meet up with you guys in the playoffs - I think the teams are pretty evenly matched. We had a ton of bad, bad breaks today, some caused by the Falcons, many the Vikings' own errors.

Although I'd love to meet up with you in the playoffs, we have bigger fish to fry first: making it there.

Nice crow thread.

Good game, you guys shot yourselves in the foot countless times, and we couldnt put the game away. Jackson had a **** of a game and looked good. Like you said both teams are evenly matched. Good luck next week, maybe we will see you in the playoffs.

Did you know that one of Peterson's pre-game rituals is eating sticks of butter? I don't know if it's true, but it better be.

GG Vikes fan. I know one thing, I don't want to see y'all wildcard weekend that's for sure.. jared allen is a beast, he has a motor that just doesn't stop. Good luck the rest of the way.

The Falcons did what they needed to do on the road. Who knows what would have happened if the Vikings didn't fumble so much? That's neither here nor there - the Vikings gave it up and the Falcons took advantage.

That's what playoff teams do.

Thank you very much for the kind words, except the sorry excuse of "We had a ton of bad, bad breaks today" garbage.

Dude YOU CHOKED !

Don't try to weasel out of that very honest assessement. With everything on the line the Minnesota Vikings AND their fans CHOKED.

Just like in 98. Say it once so your conscience is clear and you can sleep tonight.

Just say: THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS CHOKED AT HOME.

The announcers called ALL of your fans out on TV for not being supportive in the first quarter after our scoring drive.

I wish I could be more diplomatic, but after enduring your fan's attacking our boards all week, I just can't.

Finally, WHY would you want to face us again? Our teams are only matched statistically. When the game is on the line, your team will embarrass themselves again.

Again, I am not trying to be mean. It is important for you Viking fans to drop the delusions this season.

Your team ain't going nowhere in the playoffs, IF they even get there (doubt it), and if they do face us they will lose again because

WE OWN THE NFC NORTH this season - swept every one of your teams.

Thank you very much for the kind words, except the sorry excuse of "We had a ton of bad, bad breaks today" garbage.

Dude YOU CHOKED !

Don't try to weasel out of that very honest assessement. With everything on the line the Minnesota Vikings AND their fans CHOKED.

Just like in 98. Say it once so your conscience is clear and you can sleep tonight.

The announcers called ALL of your fans out on TV for not being supportive in the first quarter after our scoring drive.

I wish I could be more diplomatic, but after enduring your fan's attacking our boards all week, I just can't.

Finally, WHY would you want to face us again? Our teams are only matched statistically. When the game is on the line, your team will embarrass themselves again.

Again, I am not trying to be mean. It is important for you Viking fans to drop the delusions this season.

Your team ain't going nowhere in the playoffs, IF they even get there (doubt it), and if they do face us they will lose again because

Nice use of the quote function.

I'll say the Vikings choked at home - no problem admitting that. But 4 fumbles by Peterson, a fumble by Berrian on a punt return, a bad snap and a forced fumble is a combination of good defense, but mostly bad breaks. Most of Peterson's fumbles were on him solely. The drop by Berrian wasn't a vicious hit, just a stupid play. The snap fumble was just stupid, not a force by tthe defense.

Congrats on your sweep of the NFC North. I still hope to meet up with the Falcons again this year, but first wish to even HAVE the chance to meet Atlanta again.

Go Giants (this week!)!! Go Packers!!

Dude YOU CHOKED !

Very pertinent and necessary. Your contributions to this thread are top-notch.

Thanks Huck!

You guys are gonna be a tough playoff team for sure. If TJ can continue to mature and learn to get through his progressions he will develop into a good QB.

Great defense though, they only gave up 24 points with 4 TO's gotta give them props.

WOOT Go Falcons cannot wait till sunday for the rams to visit the wood shed

Thanks Huck!

You guys are gonna be a tough play off team for sure. If TJ can continue to mature and learn to get through his progressions he will develop into a good QB.

Great defense though, they only gave up 24 points with 4 TO's gotta give them props.

WOOT Go Falcons cannot wait till sunday for the rams to visit the wood shed

What blows my mind about this defense - and yes, they gave up 24 points, but look at where the Falcons had the ball after turnover number umpteen - is that they keep us in games.

We were -4 on turnovers and STILL had a chance. That is something I like.

Also, I said I'd take Taylor as a change of pace back over Norwood. Guess what? I think that I like Turner/Norwood now more than Peterson/Taylor, but that's not a knock on Chester.

WTF with Peterson fumbling so much these days?

You can bet any talk of MVP is out the window now.