have defenses figured out jerious norwood?

nolafan33

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is still explosive, and it shows when he has some room...but he really isn't being utilized well in the running game.

You only see gimmick runs with him...and not the bread and butter stuff that he does great in.

He did have a TD today though, and was returning kicks strong again...but we simply aren't doing a good job of utilizing him in the running game.

since the falcons week 7 bye week jerious norwood has averaged 2.6 yards per carry. my question is, has defenses figured him out? he has been awful since week 8. or is it that he is injured, more than is being let on?

what do you guys think?

He has been banged up, he is not being used as much because of Turner's success, and we will not start a fight with you about this because we love Drew Brees and the Saints (Falcons want a home game and division title) hint, hint! ;)

He has been banged up, he is not being used as much because of Turner's success, and we will not start a fight with you about this because we love Drew Brees and the Saints (Falcons want a home game and division title) hint, hint! ;)

ANOTHER <4 ypc performance from turner yesterday.

2 rushing TD's....one being a 45 yarder

1 20+ yard catch.

A 92 yard kick return.

The Falcons all time kick return average leader...

Only 17 less yards from scrimmage than a player being paid 10 times more, on 17 less touches, with the same number of TD's from scrimmage.

That's this year. In their three years in the league Norwood has more all purpose yards in less touches at almost 12 times less pay! How can anyone defend that? 3...2...1...nola, you're up? :lol:

1 20+ yard catch.

A 92 yard kick return.

Only 17 less yards from scrimmage than a player being paid 10 times more, on 17 less touches, with the same number of TD's from scrimmage.

by quarters played...

norwood- 52 yards

reggie- 99 yards

by quarters played...

norwood- 52 yards

reggie- 99 yards

where do you get these magical numbers?

Norwood = 52 yards (489 rushing + 338 yards receiving/16 games)

Bush = 84 yards (404 rushing yards + 440 yards receiving/10 games)

Norwood = 6.3 yards/touch

Bush = 5.3 yards/touch

Norwood= 4.6% TD/touch

Bush = 3.8% TD/touch

And whats really sad in all of this is that this is Norwood's worst year in terms of yards/touch, and Reginald's best year for yards/touch...and he still cant stack up. Oh Reginald...maybe if the Saints throw more money at you, you will decide to play like a football player again and not a muscled up pretty boy.

where do you get these magical numbers?

Norwood = 52 yards (489 rushing + 338 yards receiving/16 games)

Bush = 84 yards (404 rushing yards + 440 yards receiving/10 games)

Norwood = 6.3 yards/touch

Bush = 5.3 yards/touch

Norwood= 4.6% TD/touch

Bush = 3.8% TD/touch

And whats really sad in all of this is that this is Norwood's worst year in terms of yards/touch, and Reginald's best year for yards/touch...and he still cant stack up. Oh Reginald...maybe if the Saints throw more money at you, you will decide to play like a football player again and not a muscled up pretty boy.

think about it ki, quarters played...i'm not explaining it too you, my 6 year old cousin could figure that one out.

think about it ki, quarters played...i'm not explaining it too you, my 6 year old cousin could figure that one out.

This is pretty sad how you incessantly try to show why Bust is worthy of the #2 overall pick! You started the thread to incite Falcons fans when if you were smart you'd let the Bust talk die and go away and just hope he retires! No they haven't figured out Norwood. He is tops among kick returners, did and ecellent job running and receiving the ball for us and helped win a few games for us. All at the bargain price of 12 times less pay than Bust! You like to compare your #2 overall pick with our 3rd round overall 73rd pick...its really sad. Since you like to mention Bust is a so-called (all-purpose RB, aterm used because he's not a good RB) in the 3 years since they've been in the league Norwood leads in that category as well, and remember 12 times cheaper! :lol:

This is pretty sad how you incessantly try to show why Bust is worthy of the #2 overall pick! You started the thread to incite Falcons fans when if you were smart you'd let the Bust talk die and go away and just hope he retires! No they haven't figured out Norwood. He is tops among kick returners, did and ecellent job running and receiving the ball for us and helped win a few games for us. All at the bargain price of 12 times less pay than Bust! You like to compare your #2 overall pick with our 3rd round overall 73rd pick...its really sad. Since you like to mention Bust is a so-called (all-purpose RB, aterm used because he's not a good RB) in the 3 years since they've been in the league Norwood leads in that category as well, and remember 12 times cheaper! :lol:

i don't need to let anything die down, this board is the only one of the 12 or 13 i visited this year that was idiotic enough to say reggie bush isn't a good player. yards by quarter, is that really hard to understand? you said you have a high iq, but i just don't see it.

how exactly did you come up with a magical 99 yards?

i came up with a magical 131 yards :lol:

let me explain this too you, add up the quarters reggie played...34 i believe, so by quarter reggie averaged 33 yards, now multiply by 4...it comes out to 131 or 132 i believe.

that is how i got the numbers, and no, i didn't make this up...i saw it while looking at stats a while back...yards per quarter.

i came up with a magical 131 yards :lol:

let me explain this too you, add up the quarters reggie played...34 i believe, so by quarter reggie averaged 33 yards, now multiply by 4...it comes out to 131 or 132 i believe.

that is how i got the numbers, and no, i didn't make this up...i saw it while looking at stats a while back...yards per quarter.

34 quarters? I have him down as playing 40...how the **** did he manage to pull his labia and miss 6 extra quarters?

Somehow that doesn't surprise me....anyways, moving on.

Going by NFL.com, Reginald amassed 844 yards of offense...and when divided by 34 quarters gives you....25 yards a quarter, or 99 yards per 4 quarters.

So I ask again, where did you get these magical numbers Nola? I'm sorry, I don't live in a fantasy world, as jealous as I am that you do.

34 quarters? I have him down as playing 40...how the **** did he manage to pull his labia and miss 6 extra quarters?

Somehow that doesn't surprise me....anyways, moving on.

Going by NFL.com, Reginald amassed 844 yards of offense...and when divided by 34 quarters gives you....25 yards a quarter, or 99 yards per 4 quarters.

So I ask again, where did you get these magical numbers Nola? I'm sorry, I don't live in a fantasy world, as jealous as I am that you do.

jesus, it's not rocket science.

week 1- 4 quarters

week 2- 4 quarters

week 3- 4 quarters

week 4- 4 quarters

week 5- 4 quarters

week 6- 4 quarters

week 7- 2 quarters

week 8- dnp

week 9- dnp

week 10- dnp

week 11- dnp

week 12- dnp

week 13- 2 quarters (benched for ineffectiveness, pt got hot also)

week 14- 4 quarters

week 15- 2 quarters (reinjured knee)

24+4+6= 34 quarters

rushing= 404 yards

recieving= 440 yards

returning= 270 yards

404+440+270= 1114 yards

so obviously, i'm counting punt returns are your not, once again, not rocket science ki...either way, 99 yards on 18 touches is **** good.

1 20+ yard catch.

A 92 yard kick return.

And draws ten times less as much attention than Bush. Just like the first down he made on that swing pass he caught yesterday. No one covered him. When have we ever saw Bush that wide open on a swing pass. Maybe when he scored that TD against Dallas in 06.