Updated Playoff Scenarios

xFalconLord

yep yep, but we need a Tampa loss or some other stuff to happen before we can get the #2. But I'd much rather Carolina go on the road than us.

Hey Robb, did you see me post about Philly? If they lose to WASH this week, and beat DALLAS next week then..

WE ARE IN WITH 1 MORE WIN !!! It doesnt matter who we beat either!!

Thats our saving grace

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

yes I am sure they are wrong. But it doesnt matter. The main thing to look at is the loss column. Right now, we both have 4 common games losses. We do have 1 more common games win, but that wont matter if we both win out. We would finish with the same common games record.

The reason no one is correcting the media is because the season doesnt end today. Its really just a technicality that we hold the 5th seed over Tampa. Its only because we have played 1 more common game. Like I said, if we both win out, we lose that tiebreaker. Thats why no one has noticed that they are reporting it incorrectly.

The season DOESNT end today but if it did, we are the 5th seed.

they must just be lazy

even the NFL network was at it tonight - before tonight's game Atlanta was "also in the hunt" (ie. outside playoff places) when in fact they are 5th

they must be just going on conference records and will only look at common games if / when they have to

also I suspect they are confused by the fact that conference record counts before common games if teams are from different divisions (ie Atl v Dal) but common games count ahead of conference record if teams in same division (Atl v TB)

and then to compicate it even further in a three way tie, if two teams are from the same division, divisional tie breaker is applied to those teams first

I doubt enough people in the media know this

they must just be lazy

even the NFL network was at it tonight - before tonight's game Atlanta was "also in the hunt" (ie. outside playoff places) when in fact they are 5th

they must be just going on conference records and will only look at common games if / when they have to

also I suspect they are confused by the fact that conference record counts before common games if teams are from different divisions (ie Atl v Dal) but common games count ahead of conference record if teams in same division (Atl v TB)

and then to compicate it even further in a three way tie, if two teams are from the same division, divisional tie breaker is applied to those teams first

I doubt enough people in the media know this

Very intelligent post.. and 100% accurate.

Hey its not just the NFL/ESPN media. J.Mike and MODS wrote on their blog that we were OUT of the playoffs earlier this week, when in fact we were the 6th seed ahead of Tampa because of common games.

Check out this link.. youll enjoy the debate

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Very intelligent post.. and 100% accurate.

Hey its not just the NFL/ESPN media. J.Mike and MODS wrote on their blog that we were OUT of the playoffs earlier this week, when in fact we were the 6th seed ahead of Tampa because of common games.

Check out this link.. youll enjoy the debate

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

IIRC the common game rule was changed recently ?

could get messy next week

its possible that the same errors placing TB over Atl could see TV commentators calling the wrong play off teams next weekend - fans thinking they were in the playoffs when in fact they weren't

reminds me of a soccer match in Germany a few years ago when Schalke fans in the stadium thought they had won the national championship after being told incorrectly another game was over, in fact it wasn't, the scoreline in the other game changed while they were celebrating and they ended up second

IIRC the common game rule was changed recently ?

could get messy next week

its possible that the same errors placing TB over Atl could see TV commentators calling the wrong play off teams next weekend - fans thinking they were in the playoffs when in fact they weren't

reminds me of a soccer match in Germany a few years ago when Schalke fans in the stadium thought they had won the national championship after being told incorrectly another game was over, in fact it wasn't, the scoreline in the other game changed while they were celebrating and they ended up second

At the end of that thread, the MODS finally said that me and you are right about common games. We currently hold a tiebreaker vs. Tampa, but if we both win out, that tie breaker is gone. If tampa loses 1 game, and we beat Minny, we clinch the common game tiebreaker over tampa. wohooo