AND

Panthers Lose Last 2 Games

AND

We Need St.Louis to Beat San Francisco in Week 16

AND

Seattle Loses Last 2 Games (NYJ, @ARI)

AND

We Need Philly to Win Out

That's assuming the bucs win out as well. If they lose one game, we win out, & panthers lose out, we win division. It's that simple.

aren't common games applied to tampa and atlanta first ?

Tampa 3-3 (NFC south) + 4-0 (NFC north) + 1-1 (AFC west) = 8-4

Atlanta 3-3 (NFC south) + 3-0 (NFC north) + 3-1 (AFC west) = 9-4

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.

Yes common games are between tampa and atlanta. Why do you ask? Right now it doesnt matter because its not a 3 way tie anymore. What scenario are you thinking about?

dude its not a 3 way tie because ATLANTA IS IN and Dallas is out, ATLANTA DOESNT HAVE TO BEAT OUT TAMPA BAY.

Dude, I said that.. :D

you do know that the better record gets into the playoffs right? us 9-5 dallas 9-6 last time i checked we had a better record, tampa bay is irrelevent we control our own destiny

you do know that reading the original post helps avoid embarrassment

Yes common games are between tampa and atlanta. Why do you ask? Right now it doesnt matter because its not a 3 way tie anymore. What scenario are you thinking about?

because all the media has tampa ahead of atlanta

by my reckoning atlanta currently beats tampa on tie breakers

I don't understand it

tonights result doesn't change that

shoudln't Atlanta be the 5th seed at the moment and in second place in the NFC south

why are all the websites and TV channels showing tampa ahead ?

do common games have to be common opponents and common venues to count (like if atlanta play denver away and tampa play at home it won't count) ? or do all the games against the AFC west and NFC north count automatically ?

I don't understand it

shoudln't Atlanta be the 5th seed at the monet and in second place in the NFC south

do common agmes have to be common opponents and common venues to count (like if atlanta play denver away and tampa play at home it won't count) ? or do all the games against the AFC west and NFC north count automatically ?

Yes you are correct. The media has been screwing this up for weeks my dude. We are the #5 seed right now AHEAD of Tampa bay because we have 1 more common game wins. However, if Tampa and Atlanta win out, Tampa gets the 5 seed. Curently though, Atlanta is the 5th seed.

Im glad im not the only fan that catches the media's F ups

I don't understand it

shoudln't Atlanta be the 5th seed at the monet and in second place in the NFC south

do common agmes have to be common opponents and common venues to count (like if atlanta play denver away and tampa play at home it won't count) ? or do all the games against the AFC west and NFC north count automatically ?

As of right now, we don't hold a tie breaker over Tampa.

We need Seattle to lose their last 2 AND St. Louis to beat San Fran tomorrow. (this gets us past tie breaker #5 where Tampa has the edge right now)

Filly to win their last 2 & finish with a better record than Dallas. (We will win tie breaker #6 IF the above for tie breaker #5 happens)

We need Seattle to lose their last 2 AND St. Louis to beat San Fran tomorrow. (this gets us past tie breaker #5 where Tampa has the edge right now)

Filly to win their last 2 & finish with a better record than Dallas. (We will win tie breaker #6 IF the above for tie breaker #5 happens)

He Robb, we currently DO hold a tie breaker vs. Tampa. Were 1 game up in the win column on common games. If Atlanta and Tampa win out, then you are correct on your post here. Today though, we are the #5 seed.

You cant root for Philly to win out. We need Philly to lose to WASH, then beat Dallas.

If that happens, we can get in by beating MINN or STL.. either one (CHI wont matter because of H2H)

yes we do .....

Tampa v Atlanta

1 - head to head - tied at one win each

2 - division record - tied at both 3-3

3 - common games -

yes we do .....

Tampa v Atlanta

1 - head to head - tied at one win each

2 - division record - tied at both 3-3

3 - common games -

Your right, today we hold the tie break in common games.. if we both win out, we no longer hold that tie breaker. Tampa would get us in SOV.

He Robb, we currently DO hold a tie breaker vs. Tampa. Were 1 game up in the win column on common games. If Atlanta and Tampa win out, then you are correct on your post here. Today though, we are the #5 seed.

You cant root for Philly to win out. We need Philly to lose to WASH, then beat Dallas.

If that happens, we can get in by beating MINN or STL.. either one

I'm looking at the end of the season, after Tampa plays Oakland & San Diego. Then our common games will be the same if Tampa wins out. I could honestly care less about the "if the season ended today" scenarios because they don't mean squat. The NFL isn't going to on a whim end their season 2 games early.

As for Filly, if we win out & they win out, they can't get ahead of us, they will be a half game back.

Your right, today we hold the tie break in common games.. if we both win out, we no longer hold that tie breaker. Tampa would get us in SOV.

Which is why Seattle needs to lose out & St. Louis needs to win against San Fran. Then we both will have the same strength of victory.

That pushes us to the Strength of schedule, where we WANT Philly to win out and finish with a record better than the cowboys.

Yes you are correct. The media has been screwing this up for weeks my dude. We are the #5 seed right now AHEAD of Tampa bay because we have 1 more common game wins. However, if Tampa and Atlanta win out, Tampa gets the 5 seed. Curently though, Atlanta is the 5th seed.

Im glad im not the only fan that catches the media's F ups

are you sure they're all wrong ?

how do the common games work ?

for example Atlanta palyed Denver as a home game (in Atlanta)

but Tampa Bay played Denver as an away game in Denver

does that matter or do they still count them as common games ?

I see what you mean

but that will only happen if Atl and TB win out

based on current records shouldn't the TV stations be calling Atl as the fifth seed ?

are you sure they're all wrong ?

how do the common games work ?

for example Atlanta palyed Denver as a home game (in Atlanta)

but Tampa Bay played Denver as an away game in Denver

does that matter or do they still count them as common games ?

yes I am sure they are wrong. But it doesnt matter. The main thing to look at is the loss column. Right now, we both have 4 common games losses. We do have 1 more common games win, but that wont matter if we both win out. We would finish with the same common games record.

The reason no one is correcting the media is because the season doesnt end today. Its really just a technicality that we hold the 5th seed over Tampa. Its only because we have played 1 more common game. Like I said, if we both win out, we lose that tiebreaker. Thats why no one has noticed that they are reporting it incorrectly.

The season DOESNT end today but if it did, we are the 5th seed.

we win out and carolina loses 2 we got from the current 5th seed to the #2 seed with a bye week.. that to me is what I am hoping for right now.. carolina away from home is very average.

yep yep, but we need a Tampa loss or some other stuff to happen before we can get the #2. But I'd much rather Carolina go on the road than us.