Watching Flaco I've concluded that...

Gunny Hartman

The people that say Joe Flaco is comparable Matt Ryan are on crack! Yes Flaco has been good for a rookie but he looks like a chicken with it's head cut off running around out there. Even in Ryan's 2 worse games (both vs Tampa) he showed poise in the pocket. He even shows poise under pressure. From what I've seen Flaco is showing none of that.

Keep in mind it wasn't planned for Flacco to start this year. If this had happened in most other seasons, he'd probably be rookie of the year. Just so happens we picked the best QB in the draft and planned to use him from the start. Flacco is not a bad rookie, he's a pretty good rookie, but he's no Matt Ryan.

Keep in mind it wasn't planned for Flacco to start this year. If this had happened in most other seasons, he'd probably be rookie of the year. Just so happens we picked the best QB in the draft and planned to use him from the start. Flacco is not a bad rookie, he's a pretty good rookie, but he's no Matt Ryan.

I'm not saying that Flaco hasn't been good for a rookie but Ryan has not just been good for a rookie, he's been just good.

I'm not seeing what you're seeing. He hasn't been as poised as Ryan, but that isn't a knock on him, not many vets can say they are as poised as Matty Ice. He's been standing tall in the pocket, and other than the horrible fumble, he's been playing well, a classic game manager, with a great defense to play behind

I'm not saying that Flaco hasn't been good for a rookie but Ryan has not just been good for a rookie, he's been just good.

Understand, I think Ryan has been amazing, just amazing. He's had a better rookie season than some of the current masters of the position. Doesn't necessarily mean he'll be a great QB down the stretch, but it's a strong indicator he could be. Mature beyond his years is an understatement. I just hope he stays healthy.

Flacco isnt that bad. Just needs more time. Ryan just picked stuff up faster. I think Flacco will be a good qb but Ryan will be great.

Yeah it's closer than a lot of people make it out to be. Ryan seems to have more polish right now and has a better running game, but neither seems to get rattled at all. Imagine Ryan when our D gets as strong as the Ravens.

Flacco is definitely not as good as Ryan. The only thing Flacco has on Ryan is arm strength, but the margin between the two in this category is not that big. Matt Ryan definitely doesn't have a noodle arm. Other than arm strength, Matt Ryan's got Flacco beat by quite a margin in everything else. This includes accuracy, blitz pickup, Football IQ, and most importantly, what I believe is the most important thing to have in a franchise quarterback and Ryan has MUCH more of this than Flacco IMO, intangibles.

Flacco is definitely not as good as Ryan. The only thing Flacco has on Ryan is arm strength, but the margin between the two in this category is not that big. Matt Ryan definitely doesn't have a noodle arm. Other than arm strength, Matt Ryan's got Flacco beat by quite a margin in everything else. This includes accuracy, blitz pickup, Football IQ, and most importantly, what I believe is the most important thing to have in a franchise quarterback and Ryan has MUCH more of this than Flacco IMO, intangibles.

Flacco one of the best rookie QB's I seen in years. Ryan is flat out very good as a pro QB right now. That explains it all.

This is really the first time I've seen him play outside highlights. The things I notice are that, if he stays clean, he makes plays. I see him as a Kurt Warner type guy. The other thing is, and this is something that can be attributed to being a rookie, he tends to aim his short to intermediate passes. He keeps the ball just that extra tick. Other than that, he seems to be pretty calm about everything, manages the offense well.

And just like Ryan, he's lucky to have a reliable go to receiver in Mason. That guy is a pro. I'd love to have him on my team.

It's been my 1st time actually watching a full game from Flacco intently, and from what I've seen, he's a good system QB. I think someone else made a really good comparison earlier in this thread, he's basically another Roethlisberger. I don't know if he's as tough as Ben, but they both play well in similar systems. And Cam Cameron isn't a slouch as an OC either, our staff>>>>the NFL, but Cameron called a great game today. but yea...Flacco isn't as smart as Ryan, but as far as a cool demeanor, Flacco has it. He could become another Tom Brady possibly. other than the fumble, which was just a great play from DeMarcus Ware, Flacco played lights out as a game manager.