is the falcons 3 headed monster the most frightning in the south?

TonyGonzotim2

you can honestly argue all 3 of those players to be the best in the nfc south at their position

Turner 1400+yards (second in the league)15 touchdowns

roddy white 1,310 yards(second in the league) 6 touchdowns

Matt ryan Passer rating 90,(top ten) 3,146 passing yards 14 td passes? 9 interceptions

These guys are all young and this looks scary, discuss.

Turner is clearly the best RB in the South.

White is probably the 2nd best WR, with Smith being the clear #1.

Ryan isn't close the same level as Brees is at this point in his career, but imo he will be as good or better in a few years.

Offensively your team is set for years to come,your Defense, however, is terrible. The bad part about it is there's not going to be a quick fix for it either, it's going to have to be a 2-3 year plan for you get to something decent out there.

Turner is clearly the best RB in the South.

White is probably the 2nd best WR, with Smith being the clear #1.

Ryan isn't close the same level as Brees is at this point in his career, but imo he will be as good or better in a few years.

Offensively your team is set for years to come,your Defense, however, is terrible. The bad part about it is there's not going to be a quick fix for it either, it's going to have to be a 2-3 year plan for you get to something decent out there.

thanks i agree with everything, especially our defense. :P

you can honestly argue all 3 of those players to be the best in the nfc south at their position

Turner 1400+yards (second in the league)15 touchdowns

roddy white 1,310 yards(second in the league) 6 touchdowns

Matt ryan Passer rating 90,(top ten) 3,146 passing yards 14 td passes? 9 interceptions

These guys are all young and this looks scary, discuss.

No, but it's funny that you think that. Smith clearly bests Roddy White, Brees is obviously a better quarterback than Ryan, and you can argue that Williams is just as good as Turner.

No, but it's funny that you think that. Smith clearly bests Roddy White, Brees is obviously a better quarterback than Ryan, and you can argue that Williams is just as good as Turner.

really smith better then roddy white? then how come he is looking up to roddy in the stat sheet, some for williams looking up to turner, ? hmm?

another thing roddy white blocks, steve smith doesnt block on running plays he just stands their, he punches teamates in the face and is a team cancer.

another thing roddy white blocks, steve smith doesnt block on running plays he just stands their, he punches teamates in the face and is a team cancer.

Watch the Tampa game for evidence on Smith's blocking prowess.

Hmm....if Smith is such a team cancer and is such a distraction, how has our team overcome all of his antics? I mean, surely a distraction would cause us to lose right? Then how are we leading the division? If anything, the way Smith and Lucas overcame their personal differences strengthened the team.

really smith better then roddy white? then how come he is looking up to roddy in the stat sheet, some for williams looking up to turner, ? hmm?

English, people. English.

Well, let's see. Smith averages more yards per catch, more per game, more plays of twenty yards or more, more plays of forty yards or more, AND has a higher first down percentage. Roddy leads Smith by seventy yards because he's played two more games than Smith.

Likewise, Williams averages .6 yards better than Turner on the ground, has more total touchdowns, more plays of twenty yards or more, more plays of forty yards or more, a better first down percentage, and fewer fumbles.

Watch the Tampa game for evidence on Smith's blocking prowess.

Hmm....if Smith is such a team cancer and is such a distraction, how has our team overcome all of his antics? I mean, surely a distraction would cause us to lose right? Then how are we leading the division? If anything, the way Smith and Lucas overcame their personal differences strengthened the team.

English, people. English.

Well, let's see. Smith averages more yards per catch, more per game, more plays of twenty yards or more, more plays of forty yards or more, AND has a higher first down percentage. Roddy leads Smith by seventy yards because he's played two more games than Smith.

Likewise, Williams averages .6 yards better than Turner on the ground, has more total touchdowns, more plays of twenty yards or more, more plays of forty yards or more, a better first down percentage, and fewer fumbles.

roddy white has the most 3rd down catches for first downs in the league, he's the most clutch.

Okay...that only proves that Ryan looks for Roddy on third down more than anyone else. He's Ryan's security blanket. Congrats. Smith is still a better receiver.

not saying smith isnt a better reciever, but we are arguing it so it is aruable like i said :P 2nd every qb has security blankets, not all of them are as good as white(thats why he leads the league in that category)

not saying smith isnt a better reciever, but we are arguing it so it is aruable like i said :P 2nd every qb has security blankets, not all of them are as good as white(thats why he leads the league in that category)

Actually, it's really not arguable. Smith is the most dominant player in the league at the wide receiver position.

Actually, it's really not arguable. Smith is the most dominant player in the league at the wide receiver position.

he's inconsistent, but when he comes to play he comes to play, i really dont think he's inconsistent, but since michael turner is inconsistant, so is steve smith. and most dominant player at reciever position? perhaps but no one outside the nfc south know that, thats why he's a back up on the pro bowl roster, just like roddy, my argument about most dominant, is randy moss is the most dominant reciever.

Wow, actually if there was anything to ever argue...its about there being a single dominant wideout in the NFL.

Fitzgerald, Boldin, CJ, Smith, CJ dos, Roddy, Jennings, Andre Johnson, TO, Moss, Lee Evans, even Reggie Wayne are all in the top echelon with Steven Smith.

Wow, actually if there was anything to ever argue...its about there being a single dominant wideout in the NFL.

Fitzgerald, Boldin, CJ, Smith, CJ dos, Roddy, Jennings, Andre Johnson, TO, Moss, Lee Evans, even Reggie Wayne are all in the top echelon with Steven Smith.

Agreed.

No. Check the stats. Smith averages 102 yards per game, the only other receiver in triple digits with him is Andrew Johnson. White, at third, averages ten yards less than Smith. He goes for a first down on 75% of his receptions, a full five percent higher than anyone else in the league. If Smith had played all of the games up to this point, it's hard to imagine the numbers being even close.

Fitz, Boldin, Johnson and White are the only people close to Smith at this point, and I only put Fitz and Boldin on there because they have more touchdowns and have to fight for balls with each other. Saying that Owens is in Smith's league right now is laughable; he averages forty yards per game less than Smith. Calvin Johnson is having a good year for an up-and-comer, which he is, but I wouldn't put him in that top five yet. Once you get down to Brandon Marshall, you're looking at players who average twenty yards less per game than Smith. There are many good receivers this year, but if you're looking at production on a game-by-game basis...Smith is clearly the top choice.

ryan is not better than brees. period.

i think you can put up a argument that williams is better than turner, but i'd take both.

right now i'd rather smith over white, but that will most likely change next season.

imo, it's a toss up between the saints/falcons/and panthers. can't really choose one.

Best players at their position in this south THIS season?

Brees, Turner, White

brees= check

turner= i'd throw in deangelo williams in there. he doesn't get enough credit. i wouldn't want to choose between the two.

white= smith averages 6 catches a game for 103 yards a game, he has 6 td's for the season and 76% of his catches are for first downs. he also has 19 catches of 20+ yards and 5 catches of 40+....white averages 6 catches a game for 94 yards a game, he has 6 td's for the season and 71% of his catches are for first downs. he has 17 catches of 20+ yards and 4 catches of 40+. the numbers are close, but i'd have to give it too smith.

No. Check the stats. Smith averages 102 yards per game, the only other receiver in triple digits with him is Andrew Johnson. White, at third, averages ten yards less than Smith. He goes for a first down on 75% of his receptions, a full five percent higher than anyone else in the league. If Smith had played all of the games up to this point, it's hard to imagine the numbers being even close.

Fitz, Boldin, Johnson and White are the only people close to Smith at this point, and I only put Fitz and Boldin on there because they have more touchdowns and have to fight for balls with each other. Saying that Owens is in Smith's league right now is laughable; he averages forty yards per game less than Smith. Calvin Johnson is having a good year for an up-and-comer, which he is, but I wouldn't put him in that top five yet. Once you get down to Brandon Marshall, you're looking at players who average twenty yards less per game than Smith. There are many good receivers this year, but if you're looking at production on a game-by-game basis...Smith is clearly the top choice.

Smith has only had 2 dominant seasons in his career.

This season, and 2005.

2003, while solid, was nothing spectacular.

2006, while solid, was nothing spectacular.

2007, while with no QB's, was not good at all.

I don't count 2004 because of injury, or his first 2 seasons.

Roddy White has had 2 dominant back to back seasons....with different coordinators to boot.

1 with a rookie QB.

1 with 3 different QB's taking snaps, much like Smith's 2007 campaign.

Anquan Boldin has been dominant every season he has been healthy, and was the fastest wideout to receptions mark. Fitz too.

Moss showed he is still dominant with a ridiculous season last year....and has 10 TD's with a backup QB at the helm this season.

So because a guy leads the league in 2 or 3 categories this one season doesn't do much for me. I look at a consistent body of work...Smith obviously falls into that category, but so do a large handful of players.

Smith has only had 2 dominant seasons in his career.

This season, and 2005.

2003, while solid, was nothing spectacular.

2006, while solid, was nothing spectacular.

2007, while with no QB's, was not good at all.

I don't count 2004 because of injury, or his first 2 seasons.

Roddy White has had 2 dominant back to back seasons....with different coordinators to boot.

1 with a rookie QB.

1 with 3 different QB's taking snaps, much like Smith's 2007 campaign.

Anquan Boldin has been dominant every season he has been healthy, and was the fastest wideout to receptions mark. Fitz too.

Moss showed he is still dominant with a ridiculous season last year....and has 10 TD's with a backup QB at the helm this season.

So because a guy leads the league in 2 or 3 categories this one season doesn't do much for me. I look at a consistent body of work...Smith obviously falls into that category, but so do a large handful of players.

1200 yards and six touchdowns is dominant? Seriously? If last year was a dominant year by Roddy White, then how do you discount 2003 for Smith, when he had a 1400 yard rusher taking the ball from him and still had 1100 yards and seven touchdowns? If 1200 and 6 is dominant, what about 200 less yards with one more touchdown, like Smith had last year? And 11600 and 8 definitely has to count. Roddy has had one good year and one great year. Smith has had two great years and three good years. Smith has shown that he can become the Carolina Panthers' offense, something Roddy hasn't proven yet. Smith has worked with different coordinators, and Smith has dealt with revolving door quarterbacks. And wen Smith broke out in 2003, we had a virtual rookie playing too. Sorry, but at this point you can't compare Smith and Sharod White.

Randy Moss is looking at 64 yards per game, about forty yards shy of Smith's number. That's not a small margin. That's huge. When you go from Smith at #1 with 103 yards per game down to number 10, to Reggie Wayne, with 75 yards per game, it's a thirty yard per game drop, which is absolutely massive for a receiver. Think about that: you're dropping 33% in efficiency from #1 to #10. That's a big number. As of right now, Steve Smith is the most dominant receiver in the league. It's not a question.

ryan is not better than brees. period.

i think you can put up a argument that williams is better than turner, but i'd take both.

right now i'd rather smith over white, but that will most likely change next season.

imo, it's a toss up between the saints/falcons/and panthers. can't really choose one.

your right about brees even my homer side cant defend that one, i was being a little sarcastic with this post.

brees has done alot without a steve smith or roddy white on his team, But I would take roddy white over steve smith if i was building a team because he's younger, and i dont think he's in his prime yet and his numbers are close to steve smith

the running backs you couldnt lose with either.

your right about brees even my homer side cant defend that one, i was being a little sarcastic with this post.

brees has done alot without a steve smith or roddy white on his team, But I would take roddy white over steve smith if i was building a team because he's younger, and i dont think he's in his prime yet and his numbers are close to steve smith

the running backs you couldnt lose with either.

i agree with all that, like i said in the earlier post, as of right now i'd take smith. but that will change in a season or two. could you imagine what smith would do with a qb like brees or ryan?