Are the falcons going to get screwed?

Hatchet1984

If the falcons win out, if Tampa wins out and same with Dallas, are they going to screw the falcons out of the playoffs spot? It wouldn't surprise me if we did get screwed, now if we lose tomorrow, we are more then likely out of the playoffs unless Dallas loses as well. Other then that, I don't like our chances, now if we do make the playoffs, We will reach the 2009 superbowl :)

Well it looks like we may be watching the playoffs at home, 50/50 chance that both teams will win out (if we win out as well of course)

hey it is what it is.. Big year for the NFC, who would've thought it would be this many good teams this year. That's why winning the division is so important because other than that spot nothing is guaranteed.

Yep. That's how it works. Stupid, I know..but what are ya gonna do? NFC West is horrific.

If Carolina loses out, Tampa loses another game, and we win out we win the division. That's saying a lot, but it's possible, especially with Carolina having to go to New York and New Orleans. We'll see. I'm just focused on winning our last two games, then we can talk.

Yep. That's how it works. Stupid, I know..but what are ya gonna do? NFC West is horrific.

If Carolina loses out, Tampa loses another game, and we win out we win the division. That's saying a lot, but it's possible, especially with Carolina having to go to New York and New Orleans. We'll see. I'm just focused on winning our last two games, then we can talk.

well i dont see them beating the giants and if saints keep the NFC south traditon alive yeah we win the division. I think tampa will lose tomorrow to sd just have a gut feeling

It's true after Denver I looked at my wife and said this one may come back to haunt us, let's hope not.

I'm sticking by my predictions

If Dallas beats NY, BAL and PHILLY as much as I despise them they deserve to go.

Tampa still has to get by San Diego and they should but this may be a upset in the making.

Dallas is the key if we win out. Yes they beat the Giants played well, They should beat the Ravens unless they lose the game on turnovers very possible.

Our Ace in the hole is Dallas playing Philly on the road that will be their waterloo, mark my words.

It's true after Denver I looked at my wife and said this one may come back to haunt us, let's hope not.

I'm sticking by my predictions

If Dallas beats NY, BAL and PHILLY as much as I despise them they deserve to go.

Tampa still has to get by San Diego and they should but this may be a upset in the making.

Dallas is they key if we win out. Yes they beat the Giants played well, They should beat the Ravens unless they lose the game on turnovers very possible.

Our Ace in the hole is Dallas playing Philly on the road that will be their waterloo, mark my words.

well you were pretty much wrong, the denver game doesnt haunt us any more then the bucs game the panthers game, the eagles game or the saints game.

Im sorry but no 11-5 team should be held out of the playoffs while 8-8 teams make it

they have won there division, that is how football works, you know you win your division and you are in. Also the Browns were 10-6 and left out of the playoffs last year. You cant fault a team for winning a division, even if it was a crappy one.

If the falcons win out, if Tampa wins out and same with Dallas, are they going to screw the falcons out of the playoffs spot? It wouldn't surprise me if we did get screwed, now if we lose tomorrow, we are more then likely out of the playoffs unless Dallas loses as well. Other then that, I don't like our chances, now if we do make the playoffs, We will reach the 2009 superbowl :)

We have to win both games no matter what, Cowgurls if they win tonight, next week they got to play Philly in Philly. A spot could still open up. ;)

Wouldn't that suck having to root for the Eagles. :P

No, we can't get "screwed." It's a fact. If all three teams win out, Falcons aren't in the playoffs. We have to win out and one of them lose to get in. It's that simple.

Exactly. That's what happens when we got over-confident and lost to the Saints at home. No longer were we in control of our destiny.

While a team that's 8-8 makes the playoffs for being in a bad division lol.

Yeah in a way its stupid. But if its not like that, then there is no reason for divisions.. It would just be 2 big lists of teams.

Plus there would be huge arguments that some teams have easier schedules then others... At least if you have divisions everybody in your division has pretty much identical schedules..

And also there will be alot more teams not in the race like 8 games in. And it makes it less exciting..

I would hate to miss the playoffs winning 11 games but i think its the right system...

well you were pretty much wrong, the denver game doesnt haunt us any more then the bucs game the panthers game, the eagles game or the saints game.

Let's see Denver was decimated by injuries to the point of a no name player had to play on both sides of the ball.

Ranked 27th against the run and held Turner in check.

We came out flat looked past Denver a team we should have beat by 2 or more touchdowns and lost at home.

We re- focus and destroy Carolina.

The other teams when we played them doesn't even begin to compare to the give away at home against Denver.

Now because we give a game to Denver, Minnesota now becomes a must win to make the playoffs.

Hmm an injured Denver team at home or Minnesota on the road.