I just watched the 98 NFC Championship Game last night

foreverfalcon

BUT. It was a win for our team and vaulted us to our first ever Superbowl appearance.

Altough not superstitious, it was great to see us get that historic win!! And I feel that's the way this Sunday will go too.

Jamal Anderson was basically stimied during that game on rushing yards and Chandler threw for over 340 yds. But his throws came out like ducks on many occasions and the recievers dropped too many passes but AGAIN, somehow we managed to win.

My gut feeling is that the team we have right now is an ultra competitive team that can go toe-to-toe with any powerteam in the league. the only other NFC team that concerns me right now is Dallas but I feel that the Ravens can deflate their playoff express and give us an assist!

I'm SO readay for Sunday and hope all our guys come out healthy and ready to whip some Minnesota butt.

One more interesting note about the 98 NFC Championship game that will hopefully apply to tomorrow's game is THE 98 FALCONS DID NOT HAVE 1 SINGLE FALSE START PENALTY in that game... truly a thing of beauty!

What I saw was a great defense, Our D-Line was amazing that year and played with amazing heart.

I saw the defense have to hold it together while the offense struggled. Special teams provided a lift too. It reminded of the Tampa game from last week. I forgot how much we struggled in Minny with our powerful offense that year.

Jamal was stymied, but so was Robert on Vikings side. But our defense played extremely well. Came up with key turnovers right when needed. I almost forgot how good Chris Chandler was when given some time to throw. Overall, I do not think we played poorly. In fact we played very well against the top team in an artificially loud dome stadium. Let me ask you, how many false starts do you think we had when those bojos were blaring horns from loud speakers?