THE 6th SEED....

MagnusXXIII

Because of the NFL playoff rule that a bad division winner deserves home field over a good wild card team ... unless the Falcons can win the division (still possible) then they will actually be better off with the 6th seed.

Based on remaining schedule ... and assuming Atlanta and Tampa wins out and Dallas loses once .... the Falcons will likely play Arizona at 9-7.

Chicago (assumed 10-6) will probably end up winning their division (again assuming we beat Minnesota) ... and we would much rather play Arizona away than Chicago (or possibly Minnesota).

Just something to consider as we approach a hopefully very satisfying NFL weekend.

Our best case scenario is a Charger win ... we could possibly clinch a wc with a victory or still have life with a loss.

Also, with a Charger win ... we still could win the division.

I hope NFL finally decides to change the rules for home field advantage in the WC games. It's been discussed so many times, I think it's really time to stop rewarding teams for playing in a weak division with home field advantage, the team with the better record should play at home, not the team that only made the playoffs because the division was so weak.

That said, I'm happy with our season so far ... I'm happy if we make the playoffs, but even if we don't make it, it was a awesome season.

Because of the NFL playoff rule that a bad division winner deserves home field over a good wild card team ... unless the Falcons can win the division (still possible) then they will actually be better off with the 6th seed.

Based on remaining schedule ... and assuming Atlanta and Tampa wins out and Dallas loses once .... the Falcons will likely play Arizona at 9-7.

Chicago (assumed 10-6) will probably end up winning their division (again assuming we beat Minnesota) ... and we would much rather play Arizona away than Chicago (or possibly Minnesota).

Just something to consider as we approach a hopefully very satisfying NFL weekend.

Our best case scenario is a Charger win ... we could possibly clinch a wc with a victory or still have life with a loss.

I feel our best scenario is a FALCON win! Then San Diego can get their win too... FINALLY, Dallas going down tonight would be sheer perfection.

I would rather play at home. I am praying for a division title and the number 2 seed. We are flawless at home.

the division is still there for us we just need some help, with yahoo playoff scenario i found out we can win the division if all these happen:

Chargers def Buccs

Falcons def Vikings

Giants def Panthers

Falcons def Rams

Saints def Panthers

Thats all, 5 games. If the Buccs lose to the Chargers there game in week 17 doesnt have an effect on us winning the division.

Ahh - you are right my friend.

We should really hope for a Charger loss.

HeCK NO!!!! WE WANT IN!.....Do not ever wish for a specific seed. For all we know this weekends game could be a preview for our playoff game......and I would much rather face the bears in the cold or vikings in the dome, than Warner and that offense at home. I think we would put up points too....but I am not sure it would be enough against the Cards at home.....We have a bruising running back and QB who has played in cold weather....NO WORRIES!!!!! Let's get in to the playoffs, then worry about who we face

I really dont care who we play in the playoffs as long as we get in because anything can happen. I think we are as good as any team in the NFC and built to play in any weather. I would like to win the division, so that would mean we would have to win out and have Carolina lose out which is quite possible but maybe a long shot. Man we just have to take care of BIZZ 2maro and everything should shake out. I will be scoreboard watching as well. If the Ravens somehow can pull off the upset i dont think we will lose to MInnesota(i dont think we will anyways) same thing goes for the SD@TB game both those games are very possible. Chargers need to win out to have a shot and the Ravens have to win to make the playoffs as well as we do. This should be a very interesting weekend. And i will say the samething as coach Smith did. "WHY NOT US"? GO FALCONS!!! make us even prouder than you already have!!!