Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

womfalcs3

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) First Look

181 posts in this topic

ok....i just got the game...is there anywhere i can go download the minor league rosters.

Lets us know how you like it.

Lets us know how you like it.

its pretty good.....it is similar to last years....i think the graphics are a little crisper though...i am trying to join an online league but it tells me there is none created as of yet

its pretty good.....it is similar to last years....i think the graphics are a little crisper though...i am trying to join an online league but it tells me there is none created as of yet

I will be looking into the online thing when I can get the game but, I am not sure when that will be. :(

Its fun I like it, playing road to the show right now doing my first player as a SP got drafted by the Astros

Really! You drafted in this version! Sweet. Last year you had to choose so I was always a Brave but it will be interesting to see where I end up.

I am actually going to get the game this Friday....a 10% best buy coupon will help make that happen.

Yeah you dont have a say in what team you go to you just create the player then it simulates the draft you dont see what round or anything you get picked itll just pop up saying "You were drafted by this team"

Yeah you dont have a say in what team you go to you just create the player then it simulates the draft you dont see what round or anything you get picked itll just pop up saying "You were drafted by this team"

I kinda like that better. I wish I couls see the round or something but, getting drafted makes it a bit more realistic though.

i just started my rtts mode as a catcher got picked by the white sox and by the way u can see what round u where picked in i think its on the player card or somewhere in the menu with like interractions and stuff

i got picked in the round 4 and to find out go to roster managment then roster foundation then go down to the year 2009 and find ur player

I like the fact that they included the Braves' blue alternates. They look nice.

man this game is just too **** hard

Hitting is very difficult at first, after having it a couple of days I am to the point I can atleast make contact, the first game I played I stuke out like 20 times.........it was bad

Hitting is hard but I havent got to try it much cause ive only been playing Road to the Show and im a SP and because of the DH and pinch hitters ive only batted 5 times not counting sac bunts and ive got 1 hit and 2 RBIs

ya i find hitting hard i strike out maybe 3-4 times a games but maybe only get 7 hits in total the last game i played in spring training it went 13- 14 innings cause i couldn't hit the ball and i was pitching really well and they couldn't hit but then i messed up one pitch and the guy hit a walk off homer

I have a hard time getting a hit on anything low. Especially if it breaks low. I have been playing as a SS and oddly enough the only HR I have been able to hit was a fastball low and in. That was my first extra base hit in like 50+ AB. Guy has no power.

ya the AI pitchers are good i have only hit 1 homer and it was in that game and probably the only really bad pitch i have seen them make it was a fastball right down the pipe and rolen smoked it

I will probably make an Online league soon. I want to know I will have some time to actually play it before I create so, everyone let me know if they are interested in it.

I will probably make an Online league soon. I want to know I will have some time to actually play it before I create so, everyone let me know if they are interested in it.

bump

Dude in my office is already 40 games deep into a season

I have played a lto in RTTS mode. I have not started a Frachise mode yet. I will sometime soon if I can not get a league going. It will be a kind of experiment because I have never played in a online league before. I don't really know how it works. Should be interesting.

Oh yeah? Well in my MVP 2005 fantasy draft with the Braves I got:

Johan Santana

Roy Halladay

Derek Lowe

Aaron Harang

Jose Reyes

Chase Utley

Derek Lee

Chipper Jones

Rocco Baldelli

Magglio Ordonez

Grady Sizemore

Rod Barajas

Oh, and I created Tommy Hanson and made him all 99's.

^_^:D^_^:D