Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

womfalcs3

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) First Look

181 posts in this topic

There are 2 things that MLB 2K9 has that I wish MLB '09 The Show had. The real-time thing where everything happens in real time instead of cut scenes. The other is the real advertisements in the game.

^^^ yeah its dumb because its like you see them about to round the base's when they hit a Hr

but then they cut and show his Post Hr celebration

^^^ yeah its dumb because its like you see them about to round the base's when they hit a Hr

but then they cut and show his Post Hr celebration

Yeah I think that's the cut scene that gets on my nerves the most. But I would like to able to know what the computer is doing with it's bullpen and other stuff like that.

Yeah I think that's the cut scene that gets on my nerves the most. But I would like to able to know what the computer is doing with it's bullpen and other stuff like that.

yes that would be interseting.

Yeah and what the manager's reaction

Yep. It's all in there. Everything.

Awesome!

Despite Uncle Sam taking me to the cleaners this year, I'm gonna have to pick up this game right away :P

I haven't enjoyed a baseball game since Bottom of the Ninth in like 96, but I'll definitely try this one out.

Demo is on the PlayStation Store.

I haven't enjoyed a baseball game since Bottom of the Ninth in like 96, but I'll definitely try this one out.

I'm in the same boat as you, which is why The Show intrigues me. My favorite baseball games in recent memory have been the Baseball Mogul games for PC...

I would like to try out an online league when I am able to get the the game.

Does anyone know how much time something like that woud take?

I would like to try out an online league when I am able to get the the game.

Does anyone know how much time something like that woud take?

I don't know. My PS3 is not online.

Im not sure how long it would take probably wouldnt be a quick thing I just wish they had Franchise mode online that would be so much better than just playing 1 season

For those who are buying this game.

Pre-ordering from GameStop will be the best thing to do, as you get free music with your purchase.

144ckt1.jpg

That's nearly a 25-dollar value.

Pre-ordering from GameStop will be the best thing to do, as you get free music with your purchase.

144ckt1.jpg

Finally! a way to get free music on the internet!!

Finally! a way to get free music on the internet!!

Well... if you want to go the legitimate route. :D

I myself buy my music now.

144ckt1.jpg

Nope. The nearest GameStop is 25 miles from my house. I'm not driving 25 miles just so I can get free music. Not when I can go 15 miles at the most to Walmart and get the game at midnight.

Pitching is easy enough, but it's so hard to hit in this game. I have played about 5 games and can't hit anything hard. Whenever I make contact it's usually pretty weak on the ground or a bloop. I still haven't scored yet. The one time I had a chance to score I didn't know how to advance my runner so Victorino just stood on 3B. :( I guess I'll get the timing down eventually.

Pitching is easy enough, but it's so hard to hit in this game. I have played about 5 games and can't hit anything hard. Whenever I make contact it's usually pretty weak on the ground or a bloop. I still haven't scored yet. The one time I had a chance to score I didn't know how to advance my runner so Victorino just stood on 3B. :( I guess I'll get the timing down eventually.

Yeah. They said they made the hitting a lot harder. I always thought the hitting was too easy. I haven't played the demo (since my PS3 isn't online) so I won't know till next week when the game comes out.

Heh, right after I post that I hit a walk off with Jimmy Rollins in the 8th. Other than Rollins (3 for 4) I was still pretty miserable at the plate. My problem is I always swing too early. I was trying to sit back on them more which helped a little. There's just so much to think about at the plate.

Heh, right after I post that I hit a walk off with Jimmy Rollins in the 8th. Other than Rollins (3 for 4) I was still pretty miserable at the plate. My problem is I always swing too early. I was trying to sit back on them more which helped a little. There's just so much to think about at the plate.

Yep. I have the exact same problem.

After only buying one game (Gears) in the last several months I'm going to end up buying Killzone and The Show within a week of each other. Plus I had to buy a new play and charge for BOTH my 360 and PS3. My dog tore both of them in half. I might also buy a PS3 mic. That's like $180-$200 in less than week on video games. :(