Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

womfalcs3

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) First Look

181 posts in this topic

I saw the draft mentioned. The real MLB draft goes on for a long time. So, you can draft amateur players and develop them in the minor leagues? Do they have rookie ball, all the way up to AAA?

I'm not sure. That would be nice though. If not though go to Operation Sports and go to the forums and download the rosters that have the real life minor league players on it. That's what I do. Those guys do an awesome job.

Thanks for the link, it looks like they will be doing it.

I thought that was where I got mine last year, but apparently not since it seems like they had full minors last year too. The ones I downloaded were only partially edited because you could only edit the 40 man roster, so to do full minors you had to call a bunch of guys up.

I saw the draft mentioned. The real MLB draft goes on for a long time. So, you can draft amateur players and develop them in the minor leagues? Do they have rookie ball, all the way up to AAA?

No they do not have Rookie ball. They only have Double A and Triple A on the minors. The way the new draft system works is that you draft you're players and they go into an inactive list or something of that nature. I'm guessing that next year they will feature all minor league levels..

Thanks for the link, it looks like they will be doing it.

I thought that was where I got mine last year, but apparently not since it seems like they had full minors last year too. The ones I downloaded were only partially edited because you could only edit the 40 man roster, so to do full minors you had to call a bunch of guys up.

Yeah man I don't know how they do it but they get all the real life minor leaguers.

I wish I had a PS3 just for this game. Now is not the time for me to be spending that much money, though.

You guys let me know how it is when it comes out. I see some saying that it's the best baseball game since the MVP series and possibly even better. That in itself is very impressive. I loved MVP because of the fast game-play, good franchise mode, great graphics, and extremely accurate batting stances.

I wish I had a PS3 just for this game. Now is not the time for me to be spending that much money, though.

You guys let me know how it is when it comes out. I see some saying that it's the best baseball game since the MVP series and possibly even better. That in itself is very impressive. I loved MVP because of the fast game-play, good franchise mode, great graphics, and extremely accurate batting stances.

Dude the franchise mode on The Show '09 makes it better than any baseball game ever. First game ever with 40 man rosters during the season. Working the draft into the middle of the season. Watching the waiver wire. Arbitration, option years and to tender or not to tender new contracts. Everything. The gameplay has hugely been improved. No more of that weird glitch where it was impossible to hit balls in the gaps over the fielders heads. A completely new lightning system. The stances and everything have been completely redone. I know I had a problem with Teixeira's stance not being right but looking at the new video his stance is finally right. Everything will blow MVP away.

Well that's good. I haven't been impressed with the "next-gen" sports games so far.

I agree with ya man but the graphics and everything here is awesome. I never thought they could improve on The Show '08. I brought at PS3 just for that game.

Well that's good. I haven't been impressed with the "next-gen" sports games so far.

I agree. Everything except for this series and NHL have been worse than the previous gen. It's a little OT, but NHL 09 is great.

I agree. Everything except for this series and NHL have been worse than the previous gen. It's a little OT, but NHL 09 is great.

I haven't played NHL 09. But I hear it's the best hockey game ever. I use to rent and play the NHL series all the time but not lately. I really need to get with the times. I remember NHL 03 or whichever one that had Jerome Iginla on the cover was the best I have ever played.

I thought the NCAA 09 football game was pretty good on PS3 not great but, MLB 08 was really good and I can already tell this is going to be much better than that. I just hope that MLB 09 fixes the problem with Online play. The 08 version has some problem working with a router and freezes up before you can get to the main menu.

Dude the franchise mode on The Show '09 makes it better than any baseball game ever. First game ever with 40 man rosters during the season. Working the draft into the middle of the season. Watching the waiver wire. Arbitration, option years and to tender or not to tender new contracts. Everything. The gameplay has hugely been improved. No more of that weird glitch where it was impossible to hit balls in the gaps over the fielders heads. A completely new lightning system. The stances and everything have been completely redone. I know I had a problem with Teixeira's stance not being right but looking at the new video his stance is finally right. Everything will blow MVP away.

Do you know if draft picks are awarded for players who are offered arbitration, but do not accept it?

I like this generations NBA2K series better than the last generation...

Do you know if draft picks are awarded for players who are offered arbitration, but do not accept it?

Yep. It's all in there. Everything.

Along with drafting players, the Amateur Draft also includes Supplemental picks for those teams that failed to re-sign Type A or Type B free agents in the offseason.

Linkage

I like this generations NBA2K series better than the last generation...

NBA 2K is good, but it feels a lot like the last gen ones. I havent played this year's version though, so that may have been better. NHL and MLB 2K are awful though, but on a positive note I hear Top Spin is really good.

LOL, reading through this thread made me really miss playing video games. I don't have the money right now to go buy a PS3 or 360, but I just bought a used original XBOX and MVP Baseball, NFL Fever 2003, ESPN College Hoops, NBA Inside Drive, Top Spin, and NHL Rivals. These will tide me over until I can afford a new console. :lol:

LOL, reading through this thread made me really miss playing video games. I don't have the money right now to go buy a PS3 or 360, but I just bought a used original XBOX and MVP Baseball, NFL Fever 2003, ESPN College Hoops, NBA Inside Drive, Top Spin, and NHL Rivals. These will tide me over until I can afford a new console. :lol:

:lol:

If you like Tiger Woods games, Tiger Woods 2003 on the original Xbox is AWESOME. Best golf game I have every played, and I drained 100's of hours with my brother playing it every morning before we went to school.

Oh man I must go play some more. I've hyped myself up. Shooting 50 constantly is also pretty fun.