Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

womfalcs3

MLB 09: The Show (PS3) First Look

181 posts in this topic

My B-day is March 20th. Can you guess what I'm getting 3 weeks early? B)

I haven't see any info about the PS2 version but I've also not been looking.

I don't know when the cutoff date is but it has the be in the next few days considering that everyone that has been testing the game has been playing the final build of the game. And yes Manny will be on the free agents most likely unless he signs in the next day or 2.

Unlike a couple years ago when there was a rule stating that if a player wasn't signed to a major league team they couldn't be put into the game. That really sucked because I couldn't get updated rosters.

that rule was ********. i hope manny is on a team. because i like play with diferent kind of teams when i play my friends or my bro.

i could say the same with other Fa's

that rule was ********. i hope manny is on a team. because i like play with diferent kind of teams when i play my friends or my bro.

i could say the same with other Fa's

I feel ya.

Check out this awesome picture of Yunel Escobar on MLB 09. The lighting is so awesome. Check out the detail of the stadium on his helmet.

Link

Here is a link to a thread on OS that has all kinds of pictures from the game.

Link

Look at this shot from the game...

29gby41.jpg

Chpeer looks great (no homo) this year is gonna be some much better. :D

In one of the other pics it has Chipper with eye black but that is so messed up. I have 34 pictures of him saved on my computer from all throughout his career and in none of them he has eye black. And thinking and remembering the only time I ever remember him having eye black on was opening day 1995. The reason I remember that was because he so anxious to get a pop up that he ran right over Maddux and McGriff had to make the catch. :lol:

i was crazy good last season in RTTS as a picth and a hitter

as a pitch i went 20-3 (lost my first 3 starts)

and As a hitter i had 45 Hr and 120rbi is AA Mississippi (and they never called me up to Richmond)

I don't understand why no one else ever got called up. I read that all the time but never had such a problem. I got called up to the majors in my very 1st year as a pitcher and as a hitter got called up to the majors in my 2nd year.

I don't understand why no one else ever got called up. I read that all the time but never had such a problem. I got called up to the majors in my very 1st year as a pitcher and as a hitter got called up to the majors in my 2nd year.

I think it depends on the position you are playing. If you pick a position where they have a good amount of bench players in the majors you may not get called up. Think about the fact that Chipper is playing third and the game is not really going to want to call you up in place of Chipper. At least that is how I look at it and I usually get to the majors by season 2.

I think it depends on the position you are playing. If you pick a position where they have a good amount of bench players in the majors you may not get called up. Think about the fact that Chipper is playing third and the game is not really going to want to call you up in place of Chipper. At least that is how I look at it and I usually get to the majors by season 2.

I got called up as a starting pitcher in my 1st year with the Braves. No need to explain that one. I was a 1B/C when I got called up in my 2nd year with the A's.

I feel insane for buying a PS3 just for this game.:lol:

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

I feel insane for buying a PS3 just for this game.:lol:

Can't wait to get my hands on this.

haha your not its well worth it.

i have basiclly every game system cept ps3

so im stuck playing MLB 09 for ps2

*sigh*

does anyone know if you will be able to edit the full minor league rosters like in the old MVP games?

I'm not sure. That would be nice though. If not though go to Operation Sports and go to the forums and download the rosters that have the real life minor league players on it. That's what I do. Those guys do an awesome job.