chat with pat yaskinsas

Here are ALL the Falcon-related entries, along with a few that I just found interesting in general:

FalconsFor6 (Charleston, SC): Pat, what to you think of Atlanta's chances in Minny, especially with P. Williams out? So-so? Good? Great? Where should they be concerned?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: All right, I'm going to start a few minutes early this week. But I'm going to have to end a few minutes early because I've got to catch a flight to New York -- if the weather allows. Anyway, I think the Falcons have a good chance in Minny. The Williams situation should help the running game. But biggest concern obviously is stopping AP and that's never easy.

---------

Neal, Harlem: Be honest, abraham should have made it over Allen to the pro bowl, right?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Abraham would get my vote in that scenario. He'll end up in Pro Bowl as "need'' player.

---------

James(Carrollton, GA): Pat, did Ryan hit that infamous rookie wall last week or did it have more to do with him simply playing Tampa's defense?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Think it was just Tampa's D. I expect him to bounce back.

----------

sam (sandersville GA): i don't understand why the falcons o-line isn't getting the credit they deserve. do you think michael turner will be in the pro bowl without great blocking?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: O-line has done a great job. Give a lot of credit to Paul Boudreau. He's one of the best o-line coaches in the league.

-----------

adam, nc: how does any lineman from dallas make the probowl?? I have watched alot of games and i think panthers or falcons entire lines are probowl worthy

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Two words: Ballot stuffing.

------------

gary, NV: do you think the falcons will/ should resign boley. i like him but he hasnt stepped up in this system this year

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: If he's getting benched late in a contract year, thats not a good sign at all.

------------

Matt (NC): Hey Pat...people are talking about Tebow going second or third round. What are the chances he lands in carolina, or does Carolina want his style of QB?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: I don't see that one at all. Fox and Hurney aren't going to draft a QB early. Besides, some scouts don't even think Tebow can be a QB in the NFL. If Carolina does anything at QB, it'll come from within with the guys they already have.

-------------

Jay (Chicago, IL): Biggest NFC South pro bowl snub besides Abraham? Vilma? Deangelo Williams?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: D. Williams. But John Kasay and Barrett Ruud are close on that.

--------------

gary, GA: laurent robinson is practising for the first time in ages. he looked good when healthy do you think he will ever get to be a factor in the nfl?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: I liked Robinson a lot when I saw him in camp. But I don't think the ATL coaches are very sold on him at all.

-------------

Eric (nashville: Can Carolina keep both backs for their careers?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: No, not gonna happen.

--------------

Steiny (NYC): Should Michael Koenen have made the Pro Bowl?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: No.

------------

justin vaughn (joplin mo): will matt ryan get the mvp?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: No, but he'll get Rookie of the Year.

----------

Matt (NC): Pat, you have been saying that Carolina won't be able to keep both backs for their careers. Tell us which one you think they will keep?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Stewart.

----------

gary, GA: do you think jerious norwoods lack of production is down to his injury or more strategic reasons?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: More than anything, I think it's because Turner's played so well.

-----------

Brian Lakeland, Fl: Why are you so down on the Saints???

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: I'm not down on them. But, come on, they're 7-7 and had as much talent as anyone in the division. They've got some work to do in the offseason.

---------

gary, GA: i think foxworth has done well this year and with von hutchins coming back how big a need do you think cornerback is in the offseason?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Like Foxworth a lot, but I think you'll see them draft a CB early.

----------

Steiny (NYC): Did Roddy White deserve make to the pro bowl over Calvin Johnson?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Yes.

------------

gary, GA: matt ryan has been great this year but what area do you think he could improve?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Not very many areas. I like everything about the way he plays.

------------

Marvin Harrison: Im shot Pat, got legs like Red in Shawshank

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Yeah, but my point was it depends on how you look at it -- right now, in recent years or in history.

----------

Chad (NY, NY): I don't see Tebow playing QB in the NFL...maybe a RB or TE? Hybrid player?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: One team I know -- and it's not an NFC South team -- views Tebow as a TE in the NFL.

----------

gary, GA: i know time is winding down so can you answer this before you go. what are the falcons top 5 need this offseason in order?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: DE, CB, S, OLB and TE.

------------

george, england: Ryan needs a safety blanket TE like dallas clark or jason witten. Should the Falcons draft him in 09

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Exactly, I'd go out and get him a pass-catching TE.

----------

gary, GA: No DT in that list of needs? thats widely considered a top 3 need how come you dont think so?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Well, you do have to get somebody because Grady's not getting any younger. But Babineaux has become very good. Couple more questions and then I've got to run.

----------

Joe Tampa: Do you think that if the bucs fail to make the playoffs gruden will get the axe? or a short leash?

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Let's see what happens. I suspect things will work out because they've got two home games with Chargers and Raiders.

----------

CC (Atlanta): Come on Pat... everyone knows Jake folds like a cheap suit when you put pressure on him. He makes Chris Chandler look like an iron man!

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: The guy's been to a Super Bowl.

------------

Jeff (Evans, GA): Pat, How impressed were you with the play of Coy Wire last week? he looks like he could definately take over for Michael Boley permanetely.

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Very impressed. That could well happen.

---------

george, england: your thoughts on keith brookings future in ATL

SportsNation Pat Yasinskas: Questionable you may see him retire. Just a quick update on the question counter. It's now at 691. This time, I've really got to sign off.

------------

What do yall think about Pat assessments of our offseason needs and the order.

He's pretty much spot-on, although I wouldn't have had DE first at the beginning of the season. Disappointed that JA98 isn't developing into the monster I'd like to see there.

Might push CB down a little, too. I haven't given up on Houston. If he can just start looking for the ball, he's gonna be awesome.

And what is the deal w/TE? I think it's good that he has that at the end of his list. But I thought we had some players there who were solid blockers? Why couldn't they just work on developing their receiving skills? I mean it IS "a process" and all that... :)

(btw, i don't mean Rader, I mean Peele, Hartsock, and now Pollard, right? Although Pollard is more of a stop-gap I'm assuming....)

He's pretty much spot-on, although I wouldn't have had DE first at the beginning of the season. Disappointed that JA98 isn't developing into the monster I'd like to see there.

Might push CB down a little, too. I haven't given up on Houston. If he can just start looking for the ball, he's gonna be awesome.

And what is the deal w/TE? I think it's good that he has that at the end of his list. But I thought we had some players there who were solid blockers? Why couldn't they just work on developing their receiving skills? I mean it IS "a process" and all that... :)

(btw, i don't mean Rader, I mean Peele, Hartsock, and now Pollard, right? Although Pollard is more of a stop-gap I'm assuming....)

I think Peele and Hartstock are coming back in 09. We do need another TE, that can do both block and catch. I think that if we get either a DE or a DT we will be ok, we dont have to get both. I think that we would be better off getting a SS instead of a CB. We could use another LB. What we really need on defense is someone who can be a playmaker in coverage.