The Semi-kinda-sorta sleeper is the ATL

Darth Roddy

AFter sunday we will have our playoff spot. Dallas is gonna get man handled by the Baltimore D tomorrow night and then we are going to shut up all these annoying *** Viking fans on Sunday. It is a great time to be a Falcons fan.

I hope you're right bro.

A Cowboys loss and Falcons win this weekend would all but guarantee a spot also. I honeslty cant see us losing at home to the Rams.

LINGERING LIKE A STALE FART

12. Minnesota Vikings

You might remember that I made Tarvaris Jackson's replica jersey my 48th-worst NFL gift last week. When he threw for four touchdowns against the Cards on Sunday, I braced myself for a slew of "Ha ha you suck, Tarvaris rules!" e-mails from the Minnesota area. Nope. I didn't get a single one. Now what does THAT tell you? I'd say more but I'm so excited to wager against Jackson in the playoffs that I can barely hold a thought in my head. I hope the Vikings are laying points in the first round. I hope to see my bookie and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it is in my dreams. I hope.

(My favorite headline of the week: "JACKSON? FREROTTE? THE INTRIGUE BUILDS." Um … it does? Should I move to the edge of my seat just so I don't feel left out? I've watched "Scooby Doo" episodes with my daughter that had more building intrigue than Jackson versus Frerotte. I'm not kidding. You should have seen the twist in the Abominable Snowman episode we just watched. Turned out it was Mr. Hanrahan all along. Who saw that coming?)

:lol::lol::lol:

He also said:

"Then the Saints finish the season with a home game against the Panthers that will mean nothing to Carolina because its playoff seed gets decided this Sunday night (either it's No. 1 or No. 2)."

Which is completely incorrect. If the Falcons and Bucs win out and the Panthers lose their last 2, they miss the playoffs.

Every team in the NFC South can still win the division, a wild card spot, or miss the playoffs. (edit: except the Saints, obviously)

And who says playoffs devalue a regular season?

4. New York Giants

Dear Giants fans,

Did you notice that Eli suddenly stinks? This is what happens when an ordinary QB doesn't have the benefit of throwing against an eight-man front that's stacking the line while his best wide receiver is getting double-covered. Keep looking up -- you don't want him landing on you at 540 mph as he finishes his fall back to earth. Also, keep telling yourself that your seventh-string wide receiver catching a pseudo-Hail Mary off the top of his helmet with your season on the line wasn't the single luckiest play in sports history. In fact, David Tyree himself just admitted this to me -- I'm writing this at an IHOP right now, and he just brought me a plate of blueberry pancakes. Did you know you can work at IHOP when you're on injured reserve? Apparently so. I have to go because I'm going to throw a cannister of boysenberry syrup at him as hard as I can and see whether he catches it off his head. Worst of luck in the playoffs.

Sincerely,

Bitter Guy

I love Bill Simmons

He also said:

"Then the Saints finish the season with a home game against the Panthers that will mean nothing to Carolina because its playoff seed gets decided this Sunday night (either it's No. 1 or No. 2)."

Which is completely incorrect. If the Falcons and Bucs win out and the Panthers lose their last 2, they miss the playoffs.

Every team in the NFC South can still win the division, a wild card spot, or miss the playoffs.

And who says playoffs devalue a regular season?

I was thinking the exact same thing as I read this.

like alot of what he had to say tho, especially about the vikes :D

Jackson isnt going to put up 4 TDs again. I am a lil worried bout him running for huge chunks of yardage but as long as we let one of our LBers spy him I think we will be just fine.

check out Ryan's running stats- they're about the same. Seriously, check 'em out at ESPN- Ryan's running attempts are exaggerated because kneel downs count against the total.

I dont know if anyone read this article, but it was one of the worst articles ever written

Then you must have a sense of humor about as charming as a dry piece of burnt toast.

This artice was very entertaining. Not much for cutting insight for football junkies, but very entertaining nonetheless.