Ok, This is a big game this weekend

Rev_Hal

I know that is is a rebuilding year. I know we ahve a rookie coach and QB, and we have several big needs to be competitive year in and year out. I know we were not supposed to win more than 1 game this year. So having such a great year, even if it ended now, would truly be a gift, right?

I can't help it. I want more.

The game this weekend is really huge. We aren't supposed to win, but we weren't even supposed to be in this position. Do you realize how big this game is? Not only will we be in the playoffs, but we will be looking at an 11 win season. A win on Sunday means we are Cinderella walking into the ball. It means we will oficially have a shot to play for a championship.

If we lose, then fate takes over. And as Atlanta fans, we know how fate treats us. We are fate's red headed step child. Fate has never been kind to Atlanta.

I know Tampa or Dallas needs to lose a game, but that is not in our control. We need to do what is within our control to make the playoffs. A win, and our chances are great. A loss, and we are virtually out. We need this win. Period.

Man, this game is huge.

I got what I wanted. A winning season. That was more than any of us expected. Playoffs will just be a bonus.

I feft the same way until we beat Tampa last week. I got to thinking about all of the great stories of the surprise teams in sports history, and I kept thinking "why can't that be us?"

Then I remembered we live in Atlanta. The sports gods hate this place. I hope this team can rise above the 40+ years of failures that this town has provided.

Agreed Rev.

This entire season has been huge for the Falcons. One last hump to get over...but we can do it. We came back and beat the Panthers and the Succs to keep our playoff hopes alive and I see this game as nothing different. We may have a few holes to fill, but we have more than enough to get the job done. We've gotten this far and I don't want to see this season end in a loss. Let's make it to the playoffs! I know we're all proud of this team, so it's only common that we want the best...and the best is a wild card berth!

agreed, this IS a playoff game, we must step up and take care of business!!!!!!

on a side note, I am so extremely proud to be a falcons fan right now and win or lose on sunday, this season is a huge success

See, that is how I should be feeling. But I want more. I want to be the lowley wildcard team that comes out of nowhere. I want the happy ending.

Agreed Rev.

This entire season has been huge for the Falcons. One last hump to get over...but we can do it. We came back and beat the Panthers and the Succs to keep our playoff hopes alive and I see this game as nothing different. We may have a few holes to fill, but we have more than enough to get the job done. We've gotten this far and I don't want to see this season end in a loss. Let's make it to the playoffs! I know we're all proud of this team, so it's only common that we want the best...and the best is a wild card berth!

If we get over this hump and get in the playoffs, we become the most dangerous team in the NFL. Nobody wants to deal with the kids who crash the party. We would go into the playoffs with nothing to lose and everything to gain. Steelers did it. Giants did it. Falcons could be on that list.

I know that is is a rebuilding year. I know we ahve a rookie coach and QB, and we have several big needs to be competitive year in and year out. I know we were not supposed to win more than 1 game this year. So having such a great year, even if it ended now, would truly be a gift, right?

I can't help it. I want more.

The game this weekend is really huge. We aren't supposed to win, but we weren't even supposed to be in this position. Do you realize how big this game is? Not only will we be in the playoffs, but we will be looking at an 11 win season. A win on Sunday means we are Cinderella walking into the ball. It means we will oficially have a shot to play for a championship.

If we lose, then fate takes over. And as Atlanta fans, we know how fate treats us. We are fate's red headed step child. Fate has never been kind to Atlanta.

I know Tampa or Dallas needs to lose a game, but that is not in our control. We need to do what is within our control to make the playoffs. A win, and our chances are great. A loss, and we are virtually out. We need this win. Period.

Man, this game is huge.

You're preachin' to the choir Rev.

This team can win in Minn.

Ryan is good enough to keep them focusing on Turner, Falcons have a big edge in ST and Coaching.

If the Falcons can storm down the field early and take the crowd out of the game, it would make it easier.

Go Birds!!!!

This has been a great season regardless of what happens on Sunday. I have this strange feeling that for the first time we're going to see this team play a complete game on both sides of the ball Sunday. You can spew defensive stats all you want but when we come together and play as a team I think we're capable of stopping anyone. The Vikings are in for a big surprise come Sunday

I'm proud of this team already but like you, I want more. Coming this far and not making it will be heartbreaking.

It will, but it will be a better heartbreaking than years past. I know we are more than capable of winning, but the ramifications for what this win will mean to the hearts of long suffering Falcons fans are ust enormous. It's not juust about making the playoffs. It's about finally being part of something special. We've had glimpses of that, but we've come up short.

Do you know it's not a diss to the Falcons???? I'm well aware of who we play on Sunday but thanks for the reminder.

I am also put off by someone saying they are a Falcons fan and having a player from our opponent in the biggest game of the season in their avatar, sig, and saying they are a member of his fan club. No matter how big of their fan I was, I could never do that.

As for dealing with the outcome of the Vikes game, the way I see it, if we can't beat the Vikings on the road, we really aren't ready or deserving of a playoff spot. We will have to beat better teams then them, on the road, if we want to make post season noise.

I am also put off by someone saying they are a Falcons fan and having a player from our opponent in the biggest game of the season in their avatar, sig, and saying they are a member of his fan club. No matter how big of their fan I was, I could never do that.

If he disappears after we beat the Vikings, then we'll know he was a traitor...TRAITOR! TRAITOR! <_<

I can't get high hopes for a playoff run this year. I want to, but I can't. I can only focus on this week's game and ask this group to play better and smarter.

My heart will not be broken if it is not this year. It is not completely in our control so if it happens it happens. What would break my heart is if this organization lets me down next year. There is no excuse other than injury that this team should not take the division next year and go deep in the playoffs. I am sick of losing seasons after winning seasons and I am sick of losing games that we should have won. This year I have been pleasantly surprised by a team that has won games we used to lose and that gives me hope. I don't want my hope to be destroyed.

Every fiber of my being knows that with some modification this team can win several superbowls. Shoot, maybe it is even possible this year, I dunno, I guess anything is possible but we'd need some luck. Next year I don't want us to need luck I want us to make our own.

As for dealing with the outcome of the Vikes game, the way I see it, if we can't beat the Vikings on the road, we really aren't ready or deserving of a playoff spot. We will have to beat better teams then them, on the road, if we want to make post season noise.

Oh well, deal with it. :)

You are not a true falcons fan because your loyalty is split. You can't secretly hope that a player for the vikings does well while also rooting for the falcons to win. It just doesn't work that way. It is obnoxious to wear opponent's colors before or during a game and to willingly make people angry for something you could remove for a couple of days shows just how much of a fan of his you are. You can do what you want but you are not a true falcon's fan. No way. No how.