Tavaris Jackson

burnwood

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying that what you know about Tjack is based on what Espn tells you and the breif highlights you see. I am telling you the kid is a pretty good QB when he is on. Don't beleive me if you don't want to but pray you don't find out just how good he can be. It's best to not talk **** before a weekly game. You never know what Crow Soup and Humble Pie taste like.

I also know he got benched in favor for a guy who gave himself a concussion by headbutting a wall. Hey I'm not sayin this game is going to be easy. It's going to be a real tough game... but not because of Tjack

Okay. Let me settle this right now.

Tavaris Jackson is in his 3rd year in the league. He has started 24 times. He has thrown for 2970 yards.

Matt Ryan is a rookie with 15 starts. He has thrown for 3146 yards in his career. 9 more games and less yards.

You should be more scared of a Matt Ryan coming off a 2INT performance than we should Tavaris Jackson.

Anyone can get lucky and throw 4tds against the Cardinals.

We run different offenses. That's like saying that Vick should have thrown for more yards than Warner. Two different offenses. Two different types of Qbs. Two different type of prospects. Do you know anything about football? I am happy that you drafted Ryan but he is hardly a pro bowl Qb just a promising Rookie. You shouldn't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Also, your secondary isn't exactly the best in the business. Neither is your linebackers or defense. However, I pay respect where respect is due and has yet to speak negatively about anyone on your team, can't you do the same?

I see some humble pie coming your way.

We run different offenses. That's like saying that Vick should have thrown for more yards than Warner. Two different offenses. Two different types of Qbs. Two different type of prospects. Do you know anything about football? I am happy that you drafted Ryan but he is hardly a pro bowl Qb just a promising Rookie. You shouldn't throw rocks when you live in a glass house.

Also, your secondary isn't exactly the best in the business. Neither is your linebackers or defense. However, I pay respect where respect is due and has yet to speak negatively about anyone on your team, can't you do the same?

I see some humble pie coming your way.

This will be a very tough game. We have to go in your house and somehow pull out a win. Both teams are fighting with their playoff lives on the line. It is gonna be a physical, nasty, game that will most likely be decided in the trenches.

As for our running different offenses, I think your wrong there the actual offenses and plays executed may be different but the philosophy is identical. We are gonna run the ball strait down your throat no matter how many men you put in the box, and then when your sitting on your hands we will hit you where it hurts with the deep ball.

This will be a very tough game. We have to go in your house and somehow pull out a win. Both teams are fighting with their playoff lives on the line. It is gonna be a physical, nasty, game that will most likely be decided in the trenches.

As for our running different offenses, I think your wrong there the actual offenses and plays executed may be different but the philosophy is identical. We are gonna run the ball strait down your throat no matter how many men you put in the box, and then when your sitting on your hands we will hit you where it hurts with the deep ball.

I hope that isn't your gameplan vs. us. Last team that did that lost poorly.

I'm not saying you can't run on us. Heck Chi's Forte had 99 yards on us. The problem is our front 7 takes care of business and the secondary plays their roles. We don't need 8 in the box.

Most teams don't have the luxury. The deep ball is a catch 22. You need time to throw it. Something that our pass rush doesn't provide. Allen is first in hurries and has 14.5 sacks. He gets pressure consistently. Our Safeties are both ball hogs and play makers. Sharper is 1st in picks since 2000. Teams typically don't have time to go deep on us.

You want to beat us, you beat us how Green bay does. Quick slants and then a slant and go deep. Running the ball gets you in 3rd and long. You don't want to be in 3rd and long...We are best in the league in getting of the field.

I'm not saying you can't run on us. Heck Chi's Forte had 99 yards on us. The problem is our front 7 takes care of business and the secondary plays their roles. We don't need 8 in the box.

Most teams don't have the luxury. The deep ball is a catch 22. You need time to throw it. Something that our pass rush doesn't provide. Allen is first in hurries and has 14.5 sacks. He gets pressure consistently. Our Safeties are both ball hogs and play makers. Sharper is 1st in picks since 2000. Teams typically don't have time to go deep on us.

You want to beat us, you beat us how Green bay does. Quick slants and then a slant and go deep. Running the ball gets you in 3rd and long. You don't want to be in 3rd and long...We are best in the league in getting of the field.

I would be very suprised if the Vikes dont put 8 in the box against Turner. If they dont, they will pay.

Jackson has looked real good against the lions and cards and now has some confidence. If Jackson plays well, and they get AP going this could be a very long game for the falcons.

How do you guys think he'll do?

you do know were talking about the Lions and the Cardinals defensive units here...thats not saying much

well, he looked good against 2 mediocre to bad defenses. Wait until he has to deal with Abe and Babs. I dont remember....has TJ EVER had 3 good games in a row? :lol:

Holding All Day under 200 will be this defenses challenge.

Last season

Week 11 Oak - 17 of 22 for 171. Average 10 a throw. QB rating of 79.9

Week 12 NYG - 10 of 12 ( No AP) for 129. Average 12 yards a throw. QB rating 139. Super Bowl Champs

Week 13 DET - 18 of 24 for 204. QB rating 110

Week 14 SF - 16 of 25 for 163. QB rating 95.9

I would say these 4 preformances were great. As we won all the games.

Last season

Week 11 Oak - 17 of 22 for 171. Average 10 a throw. QB rating of 79.9

Week 12 NYG - 10 of 12 ( No AP) for 129. Average 12 yards a throw. QB rating 139. Super Bowl Champs

Week 13 DET - 18 of 24 for 204. QB rating 110

Week 14 SF - 16 of 25 for 163. QB rating 95.9

I would say these 4 preformances were great. As we won all the games.

and 3 of the 4 teams are terrible

Ofcourse it is the gameplan, you will be missing one of your key runstoppers in the middle of the D-line, and if you think that Forte is anywhere near the power runner Turner is you are mistaken. You might stop most running backs with 7 in the box but I have seen Turner CARRY 7 guys for 5+ yds.

While sharper plays well and I don't underestimate his ability. He cannot cover Roddy, Douglas AND Jenkins. and all three are a deep threat and have ATLEAST 1 catch for 60+ yds. Matt Ryan has 8 passes for 60+ yds this season.

Your team does have a nice pass rush, but so do many of the teams we have played this year. Carolina Panthers for example had 0 sacks and they have one of the premier DE's in the league. The thing is Matt Ryan reads defenses so quickly that the ball is out of his hands before the pass rush gets there. He also has great pcket presence and can create extra time to throw.

Most of our deep balls are thrown off of playaction so if you want to stop them you had better be relying on your run defense to stop Turner, not your pass rush to sack Ryan... He is one of the least sacked QB's in the league.

As for third and long. The Falcons are experts at third and long situations, any third down for that matter. At 57% they are among the top 4 or 5 teams in the league in 3rd down conversions.

and 3 of the 4 teams are terrible

San fran was a good defensive team last season. As were the lions. I believe the had a good record but faulted at the end of the season.

Your team wasn't exactly a sterling example of excellence last season now was it. I hate when people throw stones and they live in glass homes.

San fran was a good defensive team last season. As were the lions. I believe the had a good record but faulted at the end of the season.

Your team wasn't exactly a sterling example of excellence last season now was it. I hate when people throw stones and they live in glass homes.

Really Im pretty sure you were the ********* that told me that your D gives up fewer points then ours when that isnt the case

You guys play the saints 2 times... Lol. Matt Should have like 40 tds.

u obvously havent watched the saints they kept our o on the sideline most of the game the second time around matt torched their d but didnt have as many opportunities. btw im from sd i been arguing with minny fans all day already.. this is gonna be a fun week :D

Ofcourse it is the gameplan, you will be missing one of your key runstoppers in the middle of the D-line, and if you think that Forte is anywhere near the power runner Turner is you are mistaken. You might stop most running backs with 7 in the box but I have seen Turner CARRY 7 guys for 5+ yds.

While sharper plays well and I don't underestimate his ability. He cannot cover Roddy, Douglas AND Jenkins. and all three are a deep threat and have ATLEAST 1 catch for 60+ yds. Matt Ryan has 8 passes for 60+ yds this season.

Your team does have a nice pass rush, but so do many of the teams we have played this year. Carolina Panthers for example had 0 sacks and they have one of the premier DE's in the league. The thing is Matt Ryan reads defenses so quickly that the ball is out of his hands before the pass rush gets there. He also has great pcket presence and can create extra time to throw.

Most of our deep balls are thrown off of playaction so if you want to stop them you had better be relying on your run defense to stop Turner, not your pass rush to sack Ryan... He is one of the least sacked QB's in the league.

As for third and long. The Falcons are experts at third and long situations, any third down for that matter. At 57% they are among the top 4 or 5 teams in the league in 3rd down conversions.

Forte is a stronger runner than Turner. Turner is strong and a beast but Forte is Brandon Jacobs lite. I have great respect for the guy. Again, If you think Phat pat being out means our run defense will fall off, you're drinking. Our Run defense didn't suffer when we lose Udeze, our best DE. It didn't suffer when we lost Ej Henderson, one of the best MLB in the league and it won't suffer because of the loss of Phat Pat.

No disrespect to Ryan and your WR corps....but If there was a team that would kill us thru the air it would be the Cardnials, They didnt. We faced the Panthers and their two headed beast. We shut down Steve Smith and beat them. BTW Jonathan Stewart RB, 7 Rush, 15 yds

and 1 TD. The next week they Blew you guys out. LOL. Why am I wasting my breathe.

Forte is a stronger runner than Turner. Turner is strong and a beast but Forte is Brandon Jacobs lite. I have great respect for the guy. Again, If you think Phat pat being out means our run defense will fall off, you're drinking. Our Run defense didn't suffer when we lose Udeze, our best DE. It didn't suffer when we lost Ej Henderson, one of the best MLB in the league and it won't suffer because of the loss of Phat Pat.

No disrespect to Ryan and your WR corps....but If there was a team that would kill us thru the air it would be the Cardnials, They didnt. We faced the Panthers and their two headed beast. We shut down Steve Smith and beat them. BTW Jonathan Stewart RB, 7 Rush, 15 yds

and 1 TD. The next week they Blew you guys out. LOL. Why am I wasting my breathe.

omg stop. Udeze was so over rated. wtf EJ Henderson wasnt even that good. if u think losing pat wont hurt ur run defense ur high. u know why ej looked so good cuz 2 behemoths were keeping blockers off him. Pat Williams is a huge part of not only that run d but he can rush the passer as well. Im not happy that he might not or will not play id like to beat the vikes at full strength but don't under value ur own players like that.

omg stop. Udeze was so over rated. wtf EJ Henderson wasnt even that good. if u think losing pat wont hurt ur run defense ur high. u know why ej looked so good cuz 2 behemoths were keeping blockers off him. Pat Williams is a huge part of not only that run d but he can rush the passer as well. Im not happy that he might not or will not play id like to beat the vikes at full strength but don't under value ur own players like that.

Is that why he comes on Passing plays? I forgot, you are going to tell me about my team. :rolleyes:

I'm not undervaluing anyone. I know we have good back ups.

Udeze was underrated? Lol, you are one of those that only think about sacks. in our Scheme the LDE plays the Run first on every play and then proceed to the pass. I can't explain the game of football to you.

Is that why he comes on Passing plays? I forgot, you are going to tell me about my team. :rolleyes:

I'm not undervaluing anyone. I know we have good back ups.

idk maybe i was seeing Kevin Williams then, they look the same and have the same name i always have that tv on mute while i watch the falcons on my comp. i know much more about the vikes than u would think i live 5 minutes from minny and everyone here are fans. anyways my point is not having him out there is gonna hurt no matter how good ur backups may be.