I miss Crumpler

manfam

Guest WoodyPaige
The complaint i'm having then is they are not being used more like Crump was.

You also have to remember that the main reason Alge was used that much was Vick.

Alge Crumpler was nothing but class for this organization guys. He may be a step slower but its because of all the big hits he took for this team. Show a little class and dont bad mouth someone who did so much for this organization for so long. He came up big more times than I can count. Especially against NFC South Opp. I still remember the gamewinner he caught against the Saints with like 1 min left in the game. Hes on a team with a run first offense now so not many balls for the TE but hes still on a 12-2 team so take that for what its worth.

I would credit Crumpler's numbers more to the fact that Vick didn't progress through his reads and used Crumpler as a safety net. If he didn't have the first read open he looked to run. If the run wasn't available he dumped it to Crumpler. Crumpler still made the catches but it's not like he was a Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates out there.