OFFICIAL FALCONS-BUCS IN-GAME THREAD

I spent a lot of time on the Yahoo Playoff Generator the past couple of weeks. (Highly recommended, by the way, if you have 3 or 4 hours to spare.) And after manipulating the countless iterations, I gradually came to one stark realization:

We just need to win.

We have to beat the Buccaneers, who were torched for over 300 yards on the ground last Monday night. We have to beat the Vikings. We have to beat the Rams.

OK, so there are numerous scenarios in which we get in the playoffs by winning two of three. There are even a handful of instances where we head to the postseason winning just one of three. In the latter instance, the Bucs would host the Falcons in a Wild Card clash. And that's exactly why today's game is so crucial. Today is a PLAYOFF game. Or it may as well be. We're going to face teams as good as or better than our next three opponents if we go to the postseason. And that begs the question:

Are we ready to take the next step?

Today, we find out...

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spent a lot of time on the Yahoo Playoff Generator the past couple of weeks. (Highly recommended, by the way, if you have 3 or 4 hours to spare.) And after manipulating the countless iterations, I gradually came to one stark realization:

We just need to win.

We have to beat the Buccaneers, who were torched for over 300 yards on the ground last Monday night. We have to beat the Vikings. We have to beat the Rams.

OK, so there are numerous scenarios in which we get in the playoffs by winning two of three. There are even a handful of instances where we head to the postseason winning just one of three. In the latter instance, the Bucs would host the Falcons in a Wild Card clash. And that's exactly why today's game is so crucial. Today is a PLAYOFF game. Or it may as well be. We're going to face teams as good as or better than our next three opponents if we go to the postseason. And that begs the question:

Are we ready to take the next step?

Today, we find out...

I agree Mod. I think the Eagles win out so we better follow suit!

Archived