They can't censor us! Vick vs Ryan

I asked the question earlier in this forum, who was the more talented QB? The post had more views and more replies than any other post today. Apparently, the Falcons thought it was an inappropriate topic so they took it down. So, I say we start it back up. Who was better, Vick with the speed and the strong arm, or Ryan?

DPM

http://man-sports.com

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it causing trouble to let people talk ab out Vick? The post had over 2,000 views and 200 replies. Just because the Falcons are ashamed, they start censoring posts about Vick.

Your posting these threads to start pointless childish bickering (which is what 2/3s of what the last thread basiclly was) AND YOU KNOW IT

I don't know who you are but I doubt your a Falcon's fan. Quit trying to stir the pot.

GO AWAY TROLL

Why is it causing trouble to let people talk ab out Vick? The post had over 2,000 views and 200 replies. Just because the Falcons are ashamed, they start censoring posts about Vick.

Pan, you think when Vick gets out of prison he will be able to go to someone's training camp? He ain't got by Roger the commish yet! At least a 1 year suspension, maybe two!! You'll be in college before Vick plays in the NFL!!!

Your posting these threads to start pointless childish bickering (which is what 2/3s of what the last thread basiclly was) AND YOU KNOW IT

I don't know who you are but I doubt your a Falcon's fan. Quit trying to stir the pot.

GO AWAY TROLL

Thanks for showing your youth and ignorance '89. How does 19 and too young to drink at games feel? I've been watching the Falcons since before you were born.

Not looking for childish bickering, just looking for someone who can make a good point as to why everyone things Ryan is so much better for Atlanta than Vick was. If you don;t feel like talking about that, STAY OFF THIS POST!

Thanks for showing your youth and ignorance '89. How does 19 and too young to drink at games feel? I've been watching the Falcons since before you were born.

Not looking for childish bickering, just looking for someone who can make a good point as to why everyone things Ryan is so much better for Atlanta than Vick was. If you don;t feel like talking about that, STAY OFF THIS POST!

Your quite welcome Troll now go back to your own board.

Why don't you contribute some of your own knowledge then instead of just trying to get Vick fans riled up?

Watcing before I was born? I doubt it. Why don't you crawl on somebody else's

band wagon. Your NOT a Falcons fan so QUIT trying to pretend to be one. Nobody wants to visit your crummy site.

Until he started losing 50% of his games

Exactly.

I'm not ashamed of Mike or this team's history. But lets not cloud our view of his shortcomings as a player. He was entertaining and fun to watch but Ryan is a hands down better QB even now. I think a lot of things worked against Mike but he still wasn't beyond reproach from a strictly football stand point.

Ryan is the better QB.

This isn't even a question worth asking. Ryan is already a better QB than Vick was after what? Six years? Just ask our WRs who is a better QB. They went from being considered busts to being consistent and highly productive when we got a passer who understands the game. Vick was nothing more than a rb who threw the ball poorlly 15-20 times a game.

Next time ask something worthwhile...

Vick was electric to watch. He'd give your 2,400 yds in the air and another 1,000 with his feet every season. Ryan is more accurate and a lot smarter with the football (not to mention with a lot of other things), but you can't say all he does is win. If all he did was win, we wouldn't be 3rd in the division.

Vick's first year as a starter ( 2nd year player) 8-6-1 not bad but Ryan could surpass it in only his rookie year.

Vick definatlly had better arm strentgh, but what good is being able to chunk a ball 80 yards down feild if you can't hit the reciver. One thing I loved about Vick was is ability to absolutly tear up an uprepared defense. But once he got in against a real defense like Tampa or Philly they would bring a contained blitz and he would struggle. Ryan picks up the blitz unlike anything anybody has ever seen out of a rookie QB.

Vick was electric to watch. He'd give your 2,400 yds in the air and another 1,000 with his feet every season. Ryan is more accurate and a lot smarter with the football (not to mention with a lot of other things), but you can't say all he does is win. If all he did was win, we wouldn't be 3rd in the division.

Vick never played in a NFC South that was remotely this competitive. In any other year, we would be 1st or one game behind 1st in the NFC South at this point, now a 10-6 record will not even guarantee you 3rd place this year.

What is the point of this thread? :huh:

A bear's fan trying to stir up trouble. :D An intresting debate but not really a difficult one. I was as big a Vick fan as anybody during his prime (I bought the shoes :P) but Vick is gone now and Ryan is the QB. Not a whole of point of dissusing it outside of still getting the Vick hopefulls upset.

To be honest after 06' Vick began to start looking average and I didn't think he was ever gonna get us a ring. But with Ryan we may get a dynasty. Only the future can tell ^_^

Ryan is more accurate and a lot smarter with the football (not to mention with a lot of other things), but you can't say all he does is win. If all he did was win, we wouldn't be 3rd in the division.

Why not? All everyone said early in Vick's career (and still now...look above) is that stats didn't matter because all VIck does is win. In case you haven't figured it out yet, that joking emiticon was to indicate I was making fun of that idiotic point of view.

Maybe he needs to take 11 seconds to think before he creates stupid threads. Ooops..did I say 11 seconds? What I meant to say was..11 seconds.

:lol: