Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ket222

So are we in good position to bring in free agents?

43 posts in this topic

Next year, will we have enough money to bring in a couple quality free agents as we did with Turner? How is our cap compared to other teams? Enough to bring in a GREAT player such as Haynesworth?

what are the cap implications for paying so much for Ryan and Vick? What percentage of our cap do they take up? (also, from what peopel are saying it's unlikely we can trade vick, correct? if we did, what could we get for him?)

thanks

I wouldn't mind bringing in Hayneworth but TD says this team will mostly be built through the draft and I believe him. We went and got Turner last year because we had a ton of holes to fill. I wouldn't mind Aso either. I think he definitely wants out of Oakland.

Yeah it will be interesting to see how Dimitroff approaches the FA market this offseason. We HAD to have a guy like Turner last year, but this year our needs are less pressing. So I wonder if he will be active or wait until the draft. Maybe it depends on who is available, and how much.

One thing for sure is he is already putting a plan into place right now. I hope that crystal ball of his keeps on shining.

I would like to see Haynesworth but if we can get someone in the draft then I would like that too. I liekt he way that Oklahomas TE can catch the ball. I trust in TD to make the right calls for this team he has done a very good job so far.

I would LOVE to have Aso..but the Raiders want a 1st...ugh!

But Terrell Suggs would be fantastic! I'd cut back flips up and down my street!

I wouldn't mind bringing in Hayneworth but TD says this team will mostly be built through the draft and I believe him. We went and got Turner last year because we had a ton of holes to fill. I wouldn't mind Aso either. I think he definitely wants out of Oakland.

actually we got turner because he was the perfect fit for the offense we wanted to run, power back with speed, runs behind his pads. he was the perfect fit, if he was say AP as a freeagent i doubt we would have filled that need of running back through free agency.

Suggs would be my first choice, this team needs a pass rush BAD.

Would also like to see them bring in a good, quick pass rushing LBer.

Dang man you look like you lost your best friend Cheer up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was pre-game, and I didn't even know they were filming me. I was probably staring at the scoreboard (showing TB/Detroit game that week) When I saw myself on Outside the Lines I was like :o

thanks everyone

what about the cap situation compared to other teams and my questions about how much cap ryan and vick are taking up?

also where will we draft in we win two of last three games, what position in the draft?

thanks everyone

what about the cap situation compared to other teams and my questions about how much cap ryan and vick are taking up?

also where will we draft in we win two of last three games, what position in the draft?

vick isnt affecting cap while hes suspended i dont think

Yeah, that is correct.

Suggs sounds good and reasonable. I thought the Raiders were slapping the franchise tag on Aso?

Wouldn't be easy but if we we're to somehow snag Suggs. My goodness what a player.

Yeah, that is correct.

No, that is not correct. Vick's salary does not affect our cap, but his signing bonus is still coming off our books. It isn't as much as his salary, so it isn't hurting us much. But, it is there.

No, that is not correct. Vick's salary does not affect our cap, but his signing bonus is still coming off our books. It isn't as much as his salary, so it isn't hurting us much. But, it is there.

You truly are the voice of reason :lol:

Wouldn't be easy but if we we're to somehow snag Suggs. My goodness what a player.

So, where would he play? He's not a LB in our scheme. The closest position we have for him is RDE, which Abe has covered. We could play him at LDE, but could he handle it? He's a heck of a pass rusher, but in our scheme, he'd be a situational player. You simply do not give a player as much as he's gonna get to be a situational player.

Yes he is. He was like 6 or 7 mil this year. I think the same next year and then it goes way up after that. Something like 15 mil. Hopefully we can trade him then we won't have to worry about it at all.