Anyone besides me think we got a steal in Harry Douglass?

Harry Douglass has been nothing but clutch at the WR position the past few weeks. He's quick, shifty, runs good routes, goes up and gets the ball every time it is thrown to him. And other than that one screw-up fumbling a punt-return he has been money. I think he was one of the steals of the draft.

Harry Douglass has been nothing but clutch at the WR position the past few weeks. He's quick, shifty, runs good routes, goes up and gets the ball every time it is thrown to him. And other than that one screw-up fumbling a punt-return he has been money. I think he was one of the steals of the draft.

Agreed.....he would also get more attention for his play if Roddy and Jenkins were not having insane seasons.

Douglass has stepped up whenever we have needed him to.

Definately a steal in my book!!

Nope, Dimitroff thinks it - Smith thinks it - Blank thinks it and every fan who actually watches the game thinks it.

Agreed.....he would also get more attention for his play if Roddy and Jenkins were not having insane seasons.

Douglass has stepped up whenever we have needed him to.

Definately a steal in my book!!

I think we have one of the best WR corps in the NFL. Given their youth, their production, and the chemistry they already have with their QB I dont think there is a unit in the NFL I would trade these guys for.

And let's not forget Finneran and Robinson if he ever gets healthy. Laurent was solid before he got hurt,

I think there is a misconception about Douglass's speed though. To me, he is more quick than fast. He gets open with his quickness, but he doesn't really have "breakaway" speed. I've seen him get chased down by LBs. But that is OK. Breakaway speed only matters if a WR can get open to catch the ball (see Ashley Lelie - great breakaway speed but can never get open). I think Harry Douglass is a perfect fit in our passing game. He fits right in to what Roddy and Jenkins already bring to the table.

I think we have one of the best WR corps in the NFL. Given their youth, their production, and the chemistry they already have with their QB I dont think there is a unit in the NFL I would trade these guys for.

And let's not forget Finneran and Robinson if he ever gets healthy. Laurent was solid before he got hurt,

Also agree.....this corp has quietly moved themselves up into the elite corps of the NFL.

Week 1 everybody was like naw they suck!

Week 14 defenses are like "Where in the He** did these guys come from? And how did they get into our endzone so fast?" :P

Plus we get the added bonus of the guy being a very good punt returner.

This whole draft class may be the best I have seen in my 28 seasons; although, the year we got Vick and Crump may be up there as well. I can't recall right off the top of my head who else we got that year.

Dimitroff is lucky the NFL isn't holding a witch trial on him to decide if his picks had the aid of some dark and mysterious magical power.

I just can't imagine him being this successful again, but HEY surprise me. :rolleyes:

I think there is a misconception about Douglass's speed though. To me, he is more quick than fast. He gets open with his quickness, but he doesn't really have "breakaway" speed. I've seen him get chased down by LBs. But that is OK. Breakaway speed only matters if a WR can get open to catch the ball (see Ashley Lelie - great breakaway speed but can never get open). I think Harry Douglass is a perfect fit in our passing game. He fits right in to what Roddy and Jenkins already bring to the table.

Speed is overrated. Finneran gets open constantly. It is all about fundamentals. Harry does have both so far.

He was a huge steal. Our entire draft was amazing. Imagine if we have a draft this good next year :D. We would have insane depth. We already have 3 starters in Baker, Ryan, and Lofton who have all played amazing. Then you have Douglass and C. Jackson who are playing the slot and nickel. Now you add Biermann and the fact that he is starting to get a lot more playing time and that is six big contributors we have that are all rookies. Hopefully Decoud will get better and oh yeah, Robert James and Thomas Brown come back next year.

Now what we still need:

depth at the o-line

maybe a big d-tackle (i dont think we will need one in next years draft if grady sticks around and we get t. lewis back)

maybe a corner. although we already have foxworth, hutchins, houston, grimes, jackson and irons. All great depth guys but we really need a stud.

and a safety assuming that milloy is gone.

You're exactly right Jedi, wait did i just say that ? :huh: Anyway at training camp I noticed he has tremendous burst off the line that gives him the separation he needs as a slot receiver. I would like to see more of him in on slants in a 3rd down situation. I said it at training camp and I will say it here again. He reminds me of a Wes Welker but faster and more versatile.