Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pejo

Garcia is hurt

11 posts in this topic

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia was limited during practice Friday because of a right calf strain and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game at Atlanta.

Jeff Garcia

Garcia

Coach Jon Gruden said he was optimistic that Garcia, who missed part of training camp with a similar injury, will be able to play. If he doesn't, the Buccaneers likely would turn to Luke McCown or Brian Griese.

Gruden didn't sound overly concerned that Garcia has been limited in practice this week.

"The guy's a veteran player. We never like to see a guy not practice, particularly at that position, but he's an experienced guy," Gruden said. "He did take some reps (Thursday) and the day before, so he has participated to a degree. This is just a tough situation right now, but we're hopeful he can play."

Garcia was benched following a season-opening loss at New Orleans. He regained the starting job when Griese was injured in Week 5 and has led the Bucs to a 6-2 record since. Last Monday's 38-23 loss to Carolina dropped Tampa Bay (9-4) out of a tie for first place in the NFC South.

Griese hasn't played since hurting his elbow on Oct. 5. However he practiced this week and is throwing the ball well.

"In my opinion he was full-go. He looked sharp today and I'm really encouraged to have him back," Gruden said of Griese. "He's a good quarterback and Luke McCown's a player, too. We're hoping Jeff's ready to go, and I'll be optimistic on that."

If he is banged up that little squirrel might think twice about scrambling with Abe blood thirsty!

TAMPA, Fla. -- Tampa Bay quarterback Jeff Garcia was limited during practice Friday because of a right calf strain and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game at Atlanta.

Jeff Garcia

Garcia

Coach Jon Gruden said he was optimistic that Garcia, who missed part of training camp with a similar injury, will be able to play. If he doesn't, the Buccaneers likely would turn to Luke McCown or Brian Griese.

Gruden didn't sound overly concerned that Garcia has been limited in practice this week.

"The guy's a veteran player. We never like to see a guy not practice, particularly at that position, but he's an experienced guy," Gruden said. "He did take some reps (Thursday) and the day before, so he has participated to a degree. This is just a tough situation right now, but we're hopeful he can play."

Garcia was benched following a season-opening loss at New Orleans. He regained the starting job when Griese was injured in Week 5 and has led the Bucs to a 6-2 record since. Last Monday's 38-23 loss to Carolina dropped Tampa Bay (9-4) out of a tie for first place in the NFC South.

Griese hasn't played since hurting his elbow on Oct. 5. However he practiced this week and is throwing the ball well.

"In my opinion he was full-go. He looked sharp today and I'm really encouraged to have him back," Gruden said of Griese. "He's a good quarterback and Luke McCown's a player, too. We're hoping Jeff's ready to go, and I'll be optimistic on that."

If he is banged up that little squirrel might think twice about scrambling with Abe blood thirsty!

o no our best defensive weapon(jeff garcia) might not play? this is bad news.

No way in **** that Garcia doesn't play. I hope he does so we can knock him the **** out.

Agreed!!!!!!!!!! :D

I feel bad for saying that, maybe someone should mail Garcia a "PLAYOFF TICKET" to watch the FALCONS against whatever team they are gonna beat up on in the playoffs when they are available. :D I mean : He could at least say he made it to the playoffs..............

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'll play. I think the Bucs are just playing games.

You guys are really trying to suggest that Griese would be a better option than Garcia?

He'll play. I think the Bucs are just playing games.

You guys are really trying to suggest that Griese would be a better option than Garcia?

I think our FALCONS in that first game were a team searching and trying to learn. IMO, our FALCONS are more seasoned now, and not just because of RYAN, because of some great coaching and players developing also.

Yeah Tampa is gonna blitz, and they are gonna try to stuff the middle and block the corners when it comes to our FALCONS offense, I feel confident that they'll get burnt on this by Michael Jenkins with some across the middle passes.

As for stopping Tampa's offense with our FALCONS defense : "There is no way W. Dunn gets over 50 yards, and as for Cadillac Williams - He isn't really no power RB regardless of how they wanna try and use him, Grady Jackson will have him for lunch so to speak". And the short quick passing game gruden is known for with his teams will get him burnt with probably at least 1 interception and a lot of dropped passes.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think our FALCONS in that first game were a team searching and trying to learn. IMO, our FALCONS are more seasoned now, and not just because of RYAN, because of some great coaching and players developing also.

Yeah Tampa is gonna blitz, and they are gonna try to stuff the middle and block the corners when it comes to our FALCONS offense, I feel confident that they'll get burnt on this by Michael Jenkins with some across the middle passes.

As for stopping Tampa's offense with our FALCONS defense : "There is no way W. Dunn gets over 50 yards, and as for Cadillac Williams - He isn't really no power RB regardless of how they wanna try and use him, Grady Jackson will have him for lunch so to speak". And the short quick passing game gruden is known for with his teams will get him burnt with probably at least 1 interception and a lot of dropped passes.

GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and the bucs will run for -300 yards. and the falcons will run for 300.

and the falcons will score with ease while the bucs struggle to put up a single fieldgoal.

and the gods glorify matt ryan while striking down the entire bucs team with lightning.

and the bucs will run for -300 yards. and the falcons will run for 300.

and the falcons will score with ease while the bucs struggle to put up a single fieldgoal.

and the gods glorify matt ryan while striking down the entire bucs team with lightning.

Glad to see you're coming around- it will make the beat down that much easier to take. :lol:

Seriously, Bucs lost the CAR game because the Dline was so beat-up, and it got MORE beat-up during the game. Seems like the hip pointer still bothers Adams, Haye and Hovan have bad knees- it very well may be another long day for the Bucs' D. If they can't stop the run, Ryan will kill them with play action. Not to mention that Baker will probably play- he makes the Falcon Oline line much better.

If Garcia can't move, he's much less effective, Griese hasn't practiced for months, McCown is really raw- this could get ugly.

Bucs just aren't a good road team this year- they start real slow- come on they were down the the LIONS 17-0, they do that to the falcons and they'll never get back in the game.

Glad to see you're coming around- it will make the beat down that much easier to take. :lol:

Seriously, Bucs lost the CAR game because the Dline was so beat-up, and it got MORE beat-up during the game. Seems like the hip pointer still bothers Adams, Haye and Hovan have bad knees- it very well may be another long day for the Bucs' D. If they can't stop the run, Ryan will kill them with play action. Not to mention that Baker will probably play- he makes the Falcon Oline line much better.

If Garcia can't move, he's much less effective, Griese hasn't practiced for months, McCown is really raw- this could get ugly.

Bucs just aren't a good road team this year- they start real slow- come on they were down the the LIONS 17-0, they do that to the falcons and they'll never get back in the game.

I agree that they cant get out to a 17-0 deficit. McCown is a good quarterback though. I feel comfortable with him in the game. I personally dont see us passing a whole lot in this game to begin with. I expect a lot of cadillac and dunn, with the occasional roll-out from McCown if he starts. Defense will be fine, we have injuries every week. Last monday wasnt because of injuries, they were running on us before hovan got hurt. It was missed gaps and ****** tackling. I expect a much better game this weekend.

I agree that they cant get out to a 17-0 deficit. McCown is a good quarterback though. I feel comfortable with him in the game. I personally dont see us passing a whole lot in this game to begin with. I expect a lot of cadillac and dunn, with the occasional roll-out from McCown if he starts. Defense will be fine, we have injuries every week. Last monday wasnt because of injuries, they were running on us before hovan got hurt. It was missed gaps and ****** tackling. I expect a much better game this weekend.

You couldn't do your normal Dline rotation- the big guys were were out of gas by the third quarter- injuries were the reason they got run on.

You couldn't do your normal Dline rotation- the big guys were were out of gas by the third quarter- injuries were the reason they got run on.

hovan didnt get hurt until the 3rd or fourth quarter. Haye being hurt was a big loss but sims did a decent job plugging the middle. Most of the panthers yards went to the outside.