Probowl votes

vafalconfan

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Flowery Branch — Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan received the second most votes among rookies in the Pro Bowl fan balloting, which concluded on Tuesday.

Tennessee running back Chris Johnson was the top rookie vote-getter with 534,170 votes. Ryan received 416,468 votes. Rounding out the top five rookies were, Chicago running back Matt Forte (246,298), Washington strong safety Chris Horton (242,298) and Houston running back Steve Slaton (220,966).

The top three quarterbacks make the Pro Bowl and New Orleans’ Drew Brees, New York’s Eli Manning and Arizona’s Kurt Warner all received more votes than Ryan.

Wide receiver Roddy White leads in the league in receiving, but Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald received the most votes (655,433) amongst NFC receivers.

No Falcons were among the top-10 overall vote getters at his position.

Fan voting counts for one third of the final results. Nearly 85 million fans voted. Coaches and players around the league vote on Thursday and Friday.

The teams will be announced at 4 p.m. Tuesday on NFL Network.

The Pro Bowl will be played on Feb. 8 in Honolulu.

I normally do not care that much about the probowl, but this year we have such very deserving players. The fan voting shows that Atlanta still has not embraced this team and that is sad.. <_<

what do you expect??

brees, manning, and warner are better then ryan stats wise and record wise so of course they are gonna be a shoe in.

I think the poster was upset over the fact that none of our players were in the top 10 of their respective positions....including Turner, White, and Abraham.

Don't be disillusioned, the pro-bowl is a popularity contest as far as the fans go. We'll see if the player and coach votes straighten things out a bit.

exactly..popularity... matt ryan isnt a household name yet like his company is. And besides, i wouldnt want matt to go this year anyway. He will get tired of going to hawaii year, after year, after year after year starting next season.

Before anyone complains about the voting.. answer these questions about yourself first:

A) Did you vote?

B ) How many times did you vote?

Then ask this about the Falcons:

A) Did they do enough to raise attention to voting at the GA Dome?

B ) Were there local media campaigns to raise voting attention?

Personally, I voted and I did my part, I voted several times during the open period but I think the blame falls on the Falcons for not raising enough attention to the voting as the Redskins did. The fans are truly not at fault here.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the fan vote is supposed to be 1/3 of the formula, but it rarely works that way. The fan Vote is just to make you all feel like you had something to do with it, I voted, but I know better than to read into it. I'll note it ONE more time for you guys Demorrio Williams led OLBs in tackles and was top 3 overall in tackles, #1 fan vote getter at OLB (this is when NFL.com showed the stats next to the players instead of just name recognition) and didn't sniff Hawaii, not as an alternate even.

Before anyone complains about the voting.. answer these questions about yourself first:

A) Did you vote?

B ) How many times did you vote?

Then ask this about the Falcons:

A) Did they do enough to raise attention to voting at the GA Dome?

B ) Were there local media campaigns to raise voting attention?

Personally, I voted and I did my part, I voted several times during the open period but I think the blame falls on the Falcons for not raising enough attention to the voting as the Redskins did. The fans are truly not at fault here.

exactly...

I don't even care, let the Skins send 20 some players to the Pro Bowl.. They'll be well rested cause they sure will be home in January. This can be the playoff game or Super Bowl for the Skins.

Roddy is great but both AZ receivers are having a better year. Turner is amazing but Portis and AP are monsters this year. Ryan is good but Brees and Warner are on pace to break Marino's record and Manning has lost ONE game this year and has played very well.

Roddy is having arguably the best season in the NFL for a WR, Turner is doing better than Peterson and AP only has him in yards, and Manning has better surrounding talent to work with.

what it comes down to is the pro bowl is no more than a horse and pony show .

While this is very true in the eyes of the fans, the players take grate pride in being selected. This is very true for Roddy who has been wanting to get the title "Pro-ball WR"