Tampa Needs a Heavy Dose of Turner and Snelling

I think it's time to get the real power running game going. Norwood is great as a change of pace runner, but if Atl really wants to get the smashmouth ground game going, then I think Snelling needs to come in right behind Turner to wear down the Bucs and the Vikings. Pound the rock with the big boys Mularkey!

Turner and Snelling. I think it's time to get the real power running game going. Norwood is great as a change of pace runner, but if Atl really wants to get the smashmouth ground game going, then I think Snelling needs to come in right behind Turner to wear down the Bucs and the Vikings. Pound the rock with the big boys Mularkey!

I wholeheartedly agree.

I know people are going to probably flame me for getting on Norwood, but I don't care. All of that falling down he's been doing the past few weeks is really grating on me. If he's THAT hurt, then he needs to NOT be the RB that's going to backup Turner this week. Snelling needs to play alot more. Snelling is a hard runner and he's hella big enough to run between the tackles, way better than Norwood can. Norwood needs to be used on ST and for screens and catching passes out in the flat. No more.

Let's hope Coach Smitty sees that he's a liability for this game if he isn't 100%.

I like it. No disrespect to Norwood. I think he should continue in his current role but I'd love to see more Snelling. He not only gives us fresh legs to pound the ball but he's looked great catching swing passes out of the backfield. He's tough to bring down once he gets going.

I'm a little more concerned about this game now. They have just come off a humulating defeat and will be out to make a statement...plus if they lose, they put themselves in a tougher spot with respect to the playoffs. We really have to play our A game sunday folks. So much rides on this game. It's sink or swim time.

I'm a little more concerned about this game now. They have just come off a humulating defeat and will be out to make a statement...plus if they lose, they put themselves in a tougher spot with respect to the playoffs. We really have to play our A game sunday folks. So much rides on this game. It's sink or swim time.

That's one way to look at it, but you also need to look at it from this perspective: We have just come off a close loss as well and will also be looking to make a statement. We're playing at home and we need a win to keep us in the wildcard hunt. We have more to lose than they do.

That's one way to look at it, but you also need to look at it from this perspective: We have just come off a close loss as well and will also be looking to make a statement. We're playing at home and we need a win to keep us in the wildcard hunt. We have more to lose than they do.

This is true. So much rides on this game, i'm already nervous about it. It's going to be a long week lol

HD does punts and plays WR. We don't need him to do KR.

Norwood does okay on kickoffs, I just don't want to see him try to run it between the tackles on a 3rd and 2.

Norwood was doing great when he wasnt hurt.....why not snelling then since we don't seem to use him much during the game.

I'm as big of a Snelling supporter as they come, and I'd love to see him get more PT.

But let's not get this twisted. Other than garbage time against the Raiders, I have yet to see him have a "Jonathan Stewart" game. Stewart has been gashing defenses all year long every time he's gotten the chance to play.

I'm as big of a Snelling supporter as they come, and I'd love to see him get more PT.

But let's not get this twisted. Other than garbage time against the Raiders, I have yet to see him have a "Jonathan Stewart" game. Stewart has been gashing defenses all year long every time he's gotten the chance to play.

Snelling hasn't gotten that many opportunities, but when he has he's impressed me. One play especially comes to mind from the Carolina game. He went off right tackle and appeared to be going down, but he used his free arm to push himself back up to gain around 10 extra yards. The man needs more playing time if Norwood is hurt still.

He doesn't have to have a game like Stewart. From watching him, all I've seen is he makes the most of his chances when he gets in a game.

That's all anyone could ask for.

Snelling hasn't gotten that many opportunities, but when he has he's impressed me. One play especially comes to mind from the Carolina game. He went off right tackle and appeared to be going down, but he used his free arm to push himself back up to gain around 10 extra yards. The man needs more playing time if Norwood is hurt still.

They plugged him in a couple of times in the Saints game, and if I recall correctly he didn't get much. :( I agree w/you, though. Jerious is running a little "tentatively" as of late. And w/out a doubt, I think it's harder to tackle "Aaron" than Norwood for sure.

Whichever way, this coaching staff has earned my trust that they're going to put the players that give us the best chance to win out on the field .

They plugged him in a couple of times in the Saints game, and if I recall correctly he didn't get much. :( I agree w/you, though. Jerious is running a little "tentatively" as of late. And w/out a doubt, I think it's harder to tackle "Aaron" than Norwood for sure.

Whichever way, this coaching staff has earned my trust that they're going to put the players that give us the best chance to win out on the field .

Well a couple of carries is different than playing a couple of series. I think he could do a pretty good job subbing for Turner.