Dimitroff Is Ready!

Guest Gritz

I have no doubt in my mind that Dimitroff is more than ready to address our areas of need, specifically on defense.....

Gone are the days of drafting guys without doing our homework or bringing them to the ATL for an interview and a workout. The "whiffs" on our draft picks are going to be few and far between from now on. TD brought in Lionel Vital to oversee our scouting of college players. Where was Lionel's last stint before coming to the Falcons this year? The Baltimore Ravens......We are about to get a heavy infusion of defensive talent folks.

We finally have a real brain trust heading up this franchise.

It's going to be very very good around here the next several years. I can't wait................ :D

we addressed the offensive side of the ball this year with 3 new linemen from who started last year..

a new QB....

a new RB...

a new TE...

Next year we will see probably 4 new starters next year maybe more on the defense.

DT.

possibly 2 new LBs

new SS

new CB

We also got a new LT, and remember Dahl is new as well. So is Douglas.

Let's get some **** defense.

Why do people keep saying we need cornerbacks? I think our CBs are playing fine.

Houston and Foxworth are very fast (4.3 and faster) with great recovery speed. They can play physical when needed or lay off and close fast. Chevis Jackson has done fine in nickel esp. as a rookie. We have Grimes for dime, and we'll see if Von Hutchins recovers next year and is worthy of playing time.

Why do people keep saying we need cornerbacks? I think our CBs are playing fine.

Houston and Foxworth are very fast (4.3 and faster) with great recovery speed. They can play physical when needed or lay off and close fast. Chevis Jackson has done fine in nickel esp. as a rookie. We have Grimes for dime, and we'll see if Von Hutchins recovers next year and is worthy of playing time.

I don't disagree with that assessment. Our corners have really been the least of our problems on defense this year.......

I have no doubt in my mind that Dimitroff is more than ready to address our areas of need, specifically on defense.....

Gone are the days of drafting guys without doing our homework or bringing them to the ATL for an interview and a workout. The "whiffs" on our draft picks are going to be few and far between from now on. TD brought in Lionel Vital to oversee our scouting of college players. Where was Lionel's last stint before coming to the Falcons this year? The Baltimore Ravens......We are about to get a heavy infusion of defensive talent folks.

It's going to be very very good around here the next several years. I can't wait................ :D

Nice post and let's just call a spade a spade. McKay is the cretin that brought Anderson in without working him out. A stupid, idiotic, pathetic, inane, unprofessional, moronic move. I get so pissed when I think about how arrogant he wasto do that. I can understand if you see the guy in person and you think he is worthy of the overall 8th pick but to do that without doing an indepth interview and workout I just don't understand. I really would like to get a hold of him in a locked room just me and him and beat him until I get an answer for not bringing him in to Atlanta before the draft.

yea i think our corners are ok. they've done a pretty good job. they're not nnamdi, champ and darrell green out there, but they're getting better.

i think we'll get 1 new DT, a new SS and maybe a LB or 2. maybe even add a DE.

we addressed the offensive side of the ball this year with 3 new linemen from who started last year..

a new QB....

a new RB...

a new TE...

Next year we will see probably 4 new starters next year maybe more on the defense.

DT.

possibly 2 new LBs

new SS

new CB

What about DE?!?!?!?! Who do we have beside Abe at DE? What are you thinking. CB is fine. Foxworth, Houston, Grimes, Jackson and Von Hutchins next year.

Nice post and let's just call a spade a spade. McKay is the cretin that brought Anderson in without working him out. A stupid, idiotic, pathetic, inane, unprofessional, moronic move. I get so pissed when I think about how arrogant he wasto do that. I can understand if you see the guy in person and you think he is worthy of the overall 8th pick but to do that without doing an indepth interview and workout I just don't understand. I really would like to get a hold of him in a locked room just me and him and beat him until I get an answer for not bringing him in to Atlanta before the draft.

I can't argue with that Ben.....

Let's take a look at the dramatic difference in the way this team took its last 2 first picks in the first round.....

2007: Like you said, former GM McKay drafts Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson with the 8th pick in the 1st round without bringing Anderson to Atlanta for an interview or a workout....

2008: New GM Thomas Dimitroff brings in Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan for extensive interviews and chalkboard sessions with Dimitroff, Coach Smith, Mularkey and Musgrave prior to drafting Ryan with the 3rd overall pick in the 1st round.

Which method seems to be more successful?

What about DE?!?!?!?! Who do we have beside Abe at DE? What are you thinking. CB is fine. Foxworth, Houston, Grimes, Jackson and Von Hutchins next year.

We have to get another DE either through free agency or the draft....and not just another body....a starting quality level DE........

The 300 lb. elephant in the room can't be ignored any longer......

My only disappointment with our corners appeared yesterday. It was the first time I really noticed it so maybe it was just a bad game but it seemed like fox was WAY off on his tackles. I mean every time someone was running the ball in his lane he would not even touch the guy and just going flying to the ground and once or twice even causing our own pursuers to lose a chance for a tackle. I know he was a beast when NO came to the dome but it just seemed to me that today at least he was the complete opposite although I do admit it was mostly tackling I saw and not necessarily pass defense.

I can't wait until draft though next year our D is gonna be buff. Thanks for the post as well. I had no clue about Lionel Vital. If our D next year looks anything like the ravens' D this year I would be amazed.

Agreed and this should be pinned for the pin heads on this MB who think we can just switch personnel at the seasons end!

Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised to look at all the players with 10+ years of experience and see them replaced in next years draft.

Jackson's a part time player as it is, even if you still believe Brooking still has it, he's on the tail end of his career, same with Milloy, I'd be happy with vet minimums to keep any of these guys for their leadership [ vet min. is over a mil for 10 yr vets].

On O- McClure may not have many years left. Gandy and Weiner are stop gaps.

If you replaced those guys, Atlanta is the youngest team in league.

I'd love to see huge young lines on both sides of the ball, and we will in 2 years or less.

Well i think we need a big time tight end. Jermaine Gresham would do wonders for our offense. He reminds me of Antonio Gates when i watch Oklahoma games he really does i see us drafting him in the first round.

Exactly, I wouldn't be surprised to look at all the players with 10+ years of experience and see them replaced in next years draft.

Jackson's a part time player as it is, even if you still believe Brooking still has it, he's on the tail end of his career, same with Milloy, I'd be happy with vet minimums to keep any of these guys for their leadership [ vet min. is over a mil for 10 yr vets].

On O- McClure may not have many years left. Gandy and Weiner are stop gaps.

If you replaced those guys, Atlanta is the youngest team in league.

I'd love to see huge young lines on both sides of the ball, and we will in 2 years or less.

And another player i think we target will be the center from Alabama sorry i dont remember his name(brain fart) is it Jackson??? Gresham is my choice in the first round. Unless a couple of those USC boys drop to us their saftey and their linbacker Monaluga

I think it will take another year or 2 before our defense catches up to the offense. I didn't know that Lionel Vital was from the Ravens and that is very exciting to know. If our D is anything close to the Ravens within the next 2 or 3 years that will be the final piece of the puzzle. Keep our offense together with a few upgrades and a good/great D and will might finally get that first Super Bowl in Atlanta. I really think Matt Ryan will win at least one Super Bowl in Atl if not more.

Sean Jones or Jermaine Phillips - New starting SS

OLB - Boley resigns and we move him to WLB while Nicholas takes over the SLB spot, draft one in the first or 2nd(there are a lot), sign one(Leroy Hill is my favorite right now to play SLB for us while Boley resigns and moves to his true WLB position)

NT - Peria Jerry

And another player i think we target will be the center from Alabama sorry i dont remember his name(brain fart) is it Jackson??? Gresham is my choice in the first round. Unless a couple of those USC boys drop to us their saftey and their linbacker Monaluga

It Antonie Caldwell. He is a beast. I'd love to get him. He is great for the run.

It Antonie Caldwell. He is a beast. I'd love to get him. He is great for the run.

Thanks for the back up. Yeah he would be an ideal fit for our line. Huge physical,nasty and intelligent from what i have heard. Now i dont know if he will be there in the second round or even in the early to mid 20's but if he does go to the 2nd we will have to take him. I dont know why i have this fasinaction with Gresham but i just know how special a Tight end is.