We want the panthers to win tonight guys

When we say that we want the Panthers to beat the Bucs, why is everyone saying something about winning the division? We are talking wild card. The reason we want the Bucs to lose, is because we have a chance to beat them. The Panthers and Bucs have a better record than we do, by two games. We can't do anything about the Panthers. We can do something about the Bucs. Think about it people.

When we say that we want the Panthers to beat the Bucs, why is everyone saying something about winning the division? We are talking wild card. The reason we want the Bucs to lose, is because we have a chance to beat them. The Panthers and Bucs have a better record than we do, by two games. We can't do anything about the Panthers. We can do something about the Bucs. Think about it people.

I here what you are saying. You are the first person who has explained clearly why I should care though. Most other posts I have read just say be for the Bucs or be for the Panthres without explaining it much further. However, under your scenario, how do we get the tiebreaker over the Bucs?

Here is why I don't think it matters who wins tonight. I think we are going to be hard pressed to win two of the next three games. I certainly do not see us winning out. So Carolina and Tampa don't concern me. I don't think we are going to be able to catch them.

Therefore I see Washington as our stiffest competition. They could easily win out given they face the Bengals, Eagles and 49ers. It's the Redskins I'll be keeping an eye on next week. They are the team that is most likely in my opinion to keep us out of the sixth spot. That's what matters to me.

I here what you are saying. You are the first person who has explained clearly why I should care though. Most other posts I have read just say be for the Bucs or be for the Panthres without explaining it much further. However, under your scenario, how do we get the tiebreaker over the Bucs?

Here is why I don't think it matters who wins tonight. I think we are going to be hard pressed to win two of the next three games. I certainly do not see us winning out. So Carolina and Tampa don't concern me. I don't think we are going to be able to catch them.

Therefore I see Washington as our stiffest competition. They could easily win out given they face the Bengals, Eagles and 49ers. It's the Redskins I'll be keeping an eye on next week. They are the team that is most likely in my opinion to keep us out of the sixth spot. That's what matters to me.

It's because the bucs play SD and OAK after us...two potential wins, while CAR still has NO and NYG on their schedule...two potential losses. The odds are more in our favor for CAR to lose two of three than TB to lose two of three. Either way, we have to win next week and go from there. I personally don't know who to go for. Neither of them appear to want this game tonight.

It's because the bucs play SD and OAK after us...two potential wins, while CAR still has NO and NYG on their schedule...two potential losses. The odds are more in our favor for CAR to lose two of three than TB to lose two of three. Either way, we have to win next week and go from there. I personally don't know who to go for. Neither of them appear to want this game tonight.

I projected Carolina to win at home tonight. I also project Tampa beats us next week. I concur the Bucs beat the Chargers and Raiders. That leaves the Bucs at 12 - 4.

I also see the panthers winning over the Saints. I concur they lose to the Giants. So I project Carolina 12 - 4 also.

Therefore, I just have the game on tonight and am kind of half way paying attention to it. I know it is back and forth and that is about it. I don't really see these two teams records impacting our wildcard chances.

Conversely, as mentioned I see the Redskins getting to 10 - 6 pretty easily. So they scare me. We don't really want Philadelphia to beat them because that could get the Eagles to 10 - 5 - 1. So that is a double curse. Therefore, GO BENGALS!