BUCS WIN AND WE ARE BACK IN THE PLAYOFFS!

Stoic

The Cowboys and the Redskins both lost!!!! That means we still would have a 6 seed if the Bucs win.

ALSO

WE SHOULD ALL BE LOOKING AT THE PANTHERS VERY CLOSELY.......THEY HAVE SOME TOUGH GAMES COMING UP AND IF THEY DROP THE LAST 3 WE WOULD BE IN EVEN IF WE LOSE IN MINN. In any case ( and LORD I hate to say this): GO SUC....er......I mean BUCS.

Yes, we lose this week if tied with the Cowboys. Currently they have one more conference game than us, and they won it. If we are still tied at the end of year after conference games even out, and we are at least tied in conference record too, it may work out in our favor.

well, nothing matter until the rest of the three remaining games and tonite's game is played but he is right.

It is better for Falcons if the Bucs win tonite......Bucs win the division if they go 2-2 or 3-1......they have tie-breaker over the Falcons. The Falcons would have to go 3-0 and the Bucs would have to go 1-3(including tonite) for us to win the division. The division is not happening guys.......

We hold a tiebreaker over the the Panthers but not the Bucs........but we cannot catch the Bucs - we won't win the division after the loss yesterday - its mathematically possible but highly improbable....

Forget the division - focus on what helps us get a wildcard!

Yeah....I know. I just with all the friggin NEGATIVITY around here we could use a silly lift. Sorry.......it's just that this season has been UNREAL and we should hold our heads high as FALCONS fans.....our franchise is heading in the right direction. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!! (No Sarcasm)

well, nothing matter until the rest of the three remaining games and tonite's game is played but he is right.

It is better for Falcons if the Bucs win tonite......Bucs win the division if they go 2-2 or 3-1......they have tie-breaker over the Falcons. The Falcons would have to go 3-0 and the Bucs would have to go 1-3(including tonite) for us to win the division. The division is not happening guys.......

We hold a tiebreaker over the the Panthers but not the Bucs........but we cannot catch the Bucs - we won't win the division after the loss yesterday - its mathematically possible but highly improbable....

ummm a tampa loss tonight helps the falcons in division hopes more then a carolina loss does.

That would put Tampa and us w/ the same record with us having the same conference and divisional record, assuming The falcons beat the bucs.

the division is still VERY VERY much in play, we need help from carolina, both w/ a win tonight and loss next week.

that happens and Atlanta wins its a 3 way tie for first place....which if i am not mistaken Atlanta would have a tie breaker.

We would still be the 7th seed, but we do want a Bucs win. If Panthers lose they could very well finish 10-6 for the year, and if we finish 10-6 I think we own the tiebreaker over them.

Really, there is no reason to root for the Panthers now...we aren't going to win the division so the Wild Card is what we shoot for now. Best chance at wild card is a Panthers loss tonight.

Panthers loss tonight and they could very well miss the playoffs (two of their remaining 3 games is at the Giants and at the Saints).

Next week if we beat the Bucs and the Giants beat the Cowgirls, we would be back as being the 6th seed.

ummm a tampa loss tonight helps the falcons in division hopes more then a carolina loss does.

That would put Tampa and us w/ the same record with us having the same conference and divisional record, assuming The falcons beat the bucs.

the division is still VERY VERY much in play, we need help from carolina, both w/ a win tonight and loss next week.

that happens and Atlanta wins its a 3 way tie for first place....which if i am not mistaken Atlanta would have a tie breaker.

your wrong........if we "tie" with Tampa(with same record at end of season) - they still have tie-breaker with us......do you think the Bucs will "lose" either home game against the Bolts or Raiders? because Tampa would have to lose tonite, lose against us and lose one of those home games? get off the crack pipe if you think Tampa is losing 3 out of next 4 - it won't happen with that defense and two home games against the sisters of the poor.

The race for winning the division is "over".........just because you don't understand the laws of probability and you've never taken a statistics class is not my fault....... :rolleyes:

Let's say Panthers lose tonight, and lose at Giants and at Saints. They'd finish 10-6.

If we also finish 10-6 (winning vs the Rams and either the Bucs or Vikings), we'd win the tiebreaker for the wild card over the Panthers since the Panther's NFC record would be 6-6 while ours is 7-5. In that scenario, the Eagles, Cowboys or Redskins could get in and we could still get in.

So GO BUCS tonight.

Agreed, we need to win out and hope Dallas loses one more game, if that happens we are in the playoffs no matter what happens between the Bucs and Panthers.

Its very possible we have three teams in the NFC south going to the playoffs this year. that would be sick!

Let's say Panthers lose tonight, and lose at Giants and at Saints. They'd finish 10-6.

If we also finish 10-6 (winning vs the Rams and either the Bucs or Vikings), we'd win the tiebreaker for the wild card over the Panthers since the Panther's NFC record would be 6-6 while ours is 7-5. In that scenario, the Eagles, Cowboys or Redskins could get in and we could still get in.

So GO BUCS tonight.

if Panthers lose out - they would be 9-7 <_<

Carolina Loss is the Best-case Scenario.. But there's a lot of way we can get in

IF TB wins Tonight

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=11104000

Tampa Bay 12-4-0

Atlanta 11-5-0

Carolina 11-5-0

IF Carolina Wins Tonight (2 Scenarios are possible)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=11104000

Carolina 12-4-0

Atlanta 11-5-0

Tampa Bay 11-5-0

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=11004000

Atlanta 11-5-0

Tampa Bay 11-5-0

Carolina 11-5-0

Ofcourse I can come up with more scenarios... But My brain is spinning right now... LOL

BTW, the Cowboys and Us, if we both finish 10-6..in terms of tiebreakers it really probably comes down to their last game vs Eagles. If they lose that last game, we get in. If they win that last game, they probably get in. I've worked out the scenarios..and Cowboys at 10-6 with an Eagles loss we win the tiebreaker...10-6 with an Eagles win and they get in.

So go Eagles.

BTW, the Cowboys and Us, if we both finish 10-6..in terms of tiebreakers it really probably comes down to their last game vs Eagles. If they lose that last game, we get in. If they win that last game, they probably get in. I've worked out the scenarios..and Cowboys at 10-6 with an Eagles loss we win the tiebreaker...10-6 with an Eagles win and they get in.

So go Eagles.

If you are going with 10-6 Scenario.. I'll be more Worried. Because Skins might come in, NO has a shot (we will know by Thursday if they are out or still in the race)