Resistance 2 a Dud,

UK - Just one week after Resistance 2 debuted at a disappointing 10th place, the follow up to the previous hit is conspicuously missing from the top 10 and has fallen all the way down to 20th on the UK charts.

That's not to say that the UK doesn't enjoy its hardcore shooters, as Call of Duty: World at War is in 1st for the fourth week in a row (and it has hit 1 million sold, according to GFK Chart-Track), and Fallout 3 is enjoying a resurgence from a previous down week all the way up to 7th on the chart. It appears that Resistance 2 is just a flop.

Other popular games include Nintendo's Wii mainstays, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, and Wii Play, as well as consecutive weeks in the top 10 by NFS: Undercover, Fifa 09, and Tomb Raider: Underworld.

Chart-Track Sales 12/01 - 12/07 (UK)

01. Call of Duty: World at War

02. Mario Kart Wii

03. FIFA 09

04. Dr Kawashima Brain Training

05. Need for Speed: Undercover

06. Tomb Raider: Underworld

07. Fallout 3

08. Wii Fit

09. Wii Play

10. Guitar Hero: World Tour

link

Thank you Dirty for dedicating your time to make PS3 threads. Between your threads and my threads, all the board is now about PS3.

Co-op in this game is the best you'll ever find in a shooter.

I have spent 60 hours now playing co-op and competitive, and I've beaten the single-player campaign once. There are 100,000's of people on at any given time. The custom games pages are completely crowded with 8 to 60 player games.

Here's the ending of the single-player if you don't care about spoilers:

Haha your in love with redfaction :wub:

I did enjoy Fall out 3 except the ending :angry: No spoilers though.

MAN i can not lie. that was my game growing up, and watching the gameplay and stuff makes me really want to get the new one. i mean cmon everything is destructable, but ill chill on it, until it comes out. yea fallout 3 looks awesome as ****. im really tryna get a ps3 for a christmas present, and it is looking good right now.

Thank you Dirty for dedicating your time to make PS3 threads. Between your threads and my threads, all the board is now about PS3.

Co-op in this game is the best you'll ever find in a shooter.

I have spent 60 hours now playing co-op and competitive, and I've beaten the single-player campaign once. There are 100,000's of people on at any given time. The custom games pages are completely crowded with 8 to 60 player games.

Here's the ending of the single-player if you don't care about spoilers:

I haven't played Resistance, but to say its the best co-op you'll find is a lofty praise to set isn't it?

I haven't played Resistance, but to say its the best co-op you'll find is a lofty praise to set isn't it?

It's worthy of such praise. It doesn't have the best competitive of campaign, even though both are very good, but the co-op is the best you'll ever find.

They mixed RPG elements of leveling up/unlocking weapons and berserks with class-motivated first-person shooting.

It's worthy of such praise. It doesn't have the best competitive of campaign, even though both are very good, but the co-op is the best you'll ever find.

They mixed RPG elements of leveling up/unlocking weapons and berserks with class-motivated first-person shooting.

Have you played the Gears 2 co-op?

Have you played the Gears 2 co-op?

Yes. Funny you mention that though, because Gears of War is dropping on Xbox Live's played list because of its bad matchmaking. Mark Rein had to come out and assure people it will be fixed from all the complaints they've received.

Gears 2 has a co-op that takes place in the SP campaign.

Resistance 2 has a separate campaign for the 8-player online or offline co-op (Up to 8, could be less, and the game will automatically scale enemies and missions. The game also randomizes the missions so you rarely play missions in the same sequence if you choose to go back and play the same levels.).

Yes. Funny you mention that though, because Gears of War is dropping on Xbox Live's played list because of its bad matchmaking. Mark Rein had to come out and assure people it will be fixed from all the complaints they've received.

Gears 2 has a co-op that takes place in the SP campaign.

Resistance 2 has a separate campaign for the 8-player online or offline co-op (Up to 8, could be less, and the game will automatically scale enemies and missions. The game also randomizes the missions so you rarely play missions in the same sequence if you choose to go back and play the same levels.).

It's called Horde Mode in Gears 2 and it rocks. And something tells me you haven't played the game yet. Please don't act like it to try and prove a point.

A minority opinion. Poorly constructed, but it's yours nonetheless.

Hardly a minority opinion. People played the first Resistance so much because that was all the PS3 had.

And even though I haven't played much of the second, I spent quality time with the first and hated it. So it's not "poorly constructed."

Hardly a minority opinion. People played the first Resistance so much because that was all the PS3 had.

Yes, at launch, that's all PS3 had. With X360's launch, all it had with Perfect Dark Zero. So you have finally figured out a pattern with launches. There's a limited selection of games at launch.

*applauds*