Anyone else think we shouldnt have punted?

joefalconfan

am i the only one who knew we werent seeing the ball again after punting it on our last possession??

i know hinesight is 20/20........but im being honest..........the way our defense was playing(or NOT playing depending on how you look at it) we shouldve just went for the 4th and 5...........

i did expect a loss yesterday, so im not that angry.......but to be that close to a victory is frustrating...............

also, sorry if this topics been talked about.........i wasnt around a comp yesterday and just logged in now...........so try not to curse me out or harm my family because im bringing up a topic thats beeen discussed already..........

No, you're not the only one. Coach showed his emotions more than once yesterday.

Only problem is, the 'D' is going to take a beating this week by the media while the offense gets a lot of praise. That's not good with Tampa coming to town. I can see just the opposite happening next week.

yea i can too..........im interested to see how ryan does this 2nd time around against a very good tampa defense.............we will see how much progress hes made...............biggest thing will be protecting him............

Hmm I think it was a hard decision, and could have gone either way. I perhaps would have been inclined to put the game on Ryan's arm with the day he was having, but I can definitely see why he chose to punt. I would be no means pin the loss on it.

In yesterday's game? No. We were at their house, and we were getting gashed by the run. If we our D was playing like they did the past few weeks, and if we were at home. I think it's probably the right call. When Smitty and Van Gorder get the D up to snuff, it will be the right call. But yesterday, and in that game, not the right call.

It was definately a tough decision and had the defense have shown up at all yesterday I probably would've supported it. But, with the way they played (or didn't play) all day yesterday I for one would've left it up to Matt and the offense. Even if we didn't make it and they kick a field goal we had to have a touchdown regardless. Like it's been said, hind sight is 20/20 and what's done is done. It was a great game by both teams, we just came up a little short.