Colin Cowherd just said on ESPN radio

kdkane79

After he finished interviewing Kurt Warner he said that he would give the MVP trophy to Kurt Warner for what he has done this season. And I believe he is right with how they are playing now.

But he said that Matt Ryan should be runner-up in the MVP race. Pretty good for a rookie and for a franchise that was in shambles last year. I hate it that we lost yesterday and will hate it even more if we don't make the playoffs because of a few close games that we could have easily won but WHAT A YEAR AND WHAT A TEAM!!!!!! I wouldn't trade Ryan for any player in the league right now. I'm not saying he's the best right now but his upside can't be matched. I couldn't believe some of the throws he was making yesterday and how well he handles pressure from opposing defenses.

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE FINALLY HAVE A TEAM HERE IN ATLANTA, WELL AT LEAST ONE TO BE PROUD OF.

Huge help since Arizona has little to no run game. They are the Saints 2.0

I think Ryan has helped out our team more that Warner has helped out his. First off, Ryan is a rookie and has done more with this team than Warner has. Second, Warner has two of the best WR's in the league. Finally, the Cardinals throw the ball almost every play, so of course his yards and TD's are going to be more than Ryan's.

Whatever though, I am just glad we have Ryan and that we won that coin toss.

Things work in a mysterious way. If we didn't have Vick, then we probably wouldn't have Ryan because we probably would have drafted a QB before this year. And if we never got Petrino then our coach might not have wanted Ryan.

Something always positive comes out of a negative, eventually!

Sorry Warner had his shot at winning the MVP and laid two eggs in a row against the Giants and the Eagles.

Frankly, I'd probably give it to Peyton right now. They will likely end up 12-4 and he's the ultimate leader of his team. I'd definitely have Ryan in the top 3 and in the discussion for the award.

Matt Ryan is the epitome of what the term "Most Valuable Player" really means (or should mean).

I'll admit that one could probably make a case for both Ryan and Warner. But, as I see it, the word "valuable" is the operative term here and when you look at it in that context, you have to ask the question: Which of these two teams (Cardinals or Falcons) would be most adversely affected by the loss of their respective QB? Personally, I'd have to give the edge to Ryan, because it's inarguable that without him - a rookie - the Falcons wouldn't even be on the NFL radar screen, let alone in playoff contention.

Just think about that for a second. A rookie QB has led this team to the improbable, if not the impossible (at least, according to many Falcons fans and most NFL experts): a playoff berth. [insert Jim Mora "Playoffs?!" rant here.]

Warner has won an MVP before, so it's not really all that surprising that he's having a good year, statistically speaking. However, for a rookie like Ryan to be drafted by a team associated with so much adversity and uncertainty coming into this season, to come in here and almost singlehandedly resurrect not only a team, but an entire fan base and city, is absolutely remarkable! If the Falcons go 10-6 or 11-5 AND make the playoffs, I say give BOTH the Offensive ROY and the MVP trophies to Matt Ryan.

He'd deserve them.

He is having an exceptional year - and I agree with you guys that say you wouldn't trade him for anyone. If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't either.

I never thought a rook should win MVP - I typically think ROY honors is good enough - the league hasn't really gotten to know you that well yet...

However, if Atlanta gets in the playoffs and Ryan continues what he is doing - he is certainly in the conversation.