The 2009 draft: DEFENSE, DEFENSE, DEFENSE

heretic

GOOD NEWS: We fixed the offense (marvelous Qb, solid receivers, great Rbs, good O-line)

BAD NEWS: We knew we have no defense, numbers say it all

Despite having the #5 offense with a top 5 3rd down conversion and a good possession time......

Our defense is among the worst defense of the league (overall, rushing, passing)

Opponents are running at 4.9 yds/carry(#30)

We are little better against the pass, but we let too many big plays

We have to rebuild the defense like we did with the offense (where we made changes at the 3 most important positions, QB-LT-Rb)

DE- The LE is horrid. Period

Cb- We have not a shutdown Cb

DT- We need someone to replace GJackson

S- What will happen after Milloy?

LB- Brooking is over, Boley is a UFA

I have faith in TD. We knew we were rebuilding. Let's hope we can fix the defense as soon as we fixed the offense...

I think DT has to be the biggest thing we pursue.

We need to get a DE that can play both sides since we give Abraham so much time off.

We need two linebackers. I wanted to re-sign Boley but not anymore. Brooking is toast.

But we still need to improve the o-line with better run blockers. A center and RG would help a lot.

I think DT has to be the biggest thing we pursue.

We need to get a DE that can play both sides since we give Abraham so much time off.

We need two linebackers. I wanted to re-sign Boley but not anymore. Brooking is toast.

But we still need to improve the o-line with better run blockers. A center and RG would help a lot.

We need to do something like we did with the offense

Draft a big FA name for the defense (DT-DE or Cb)

Draft a 1st round pick for the D-line (same here, DT-DE-Cb)

Take a good o-lineman in the second round and take some risky picks with 3rd and 4th round (TE and Cb)

Don't forget the current #2 RB and the #1 WR in the NFL and the #10 OVERALL QB. (who's only behind Brees in our Division) Garcia is at #26.

besides stats, the offense is not an issue any more.

We can win games with this offense

We can't win games with this defense (ask Flacco and Big Ben.....)

This is our main problem right now

besides stats, the offense is not an issue any more.

We can win games with this offense

We can't win games with this defense (ask Flacco and Big Ben.....)

This is our main problem right now

This is very true, like I said in another thread.. if we can have a draft just about as solid as this past draft was with a focus on Defense and a solid FA period we'll be fine. The Panthers are the only fairly balanced team in this division, once we get to that point we'll be tough to handle.

I'm with you on DL both DT and DE and on LB but I'm pretty happy with our CBs. Houston played well yesterday and I think Foxworth is pretty good as well. After our starters we have Grimes and Jackson who are both good players. Next year we will have Von Hutchins back from his injury. I don't see any reason to waste picks on CB's.

Bunch of useless stats! Give me results anyday of the week over your stats. :D

...those numbers mean something to a young team.. they may not mean much to an aging team like the one you pull for but they do show we've A)fixed out offense and B) that we're on our way up. This may be the last year the Bucs show any form of dominance for a few years, the team in general is aging and they haven't shown a great deal of player development over the past 2 seasons. Add in the loss of Monty and it's not looking so great for the Bucs over the long haul right now.

I'm with you on DL both DT and DE and on LB but I'm pretty happy with our CBs. Houston played well yesterday and I think Foxworth is pretty good as well. After our starters we have Grimes and Jackson who are both good players. Next year we will have Von Hutchins back from his injury. I don't see any reason to waste picks on CB's.

Even if I'd like a REAL shutdown corner, I guess you are right.

DT and DE are the weakest position

We could trade Anderson to the patriots and get back webster and we would be stronger....

Agreed, the focus needs to be on the front line and on the LB core. We can't let teams triple team Abe next year, there has to be a bigger threat up front.