Playoff picture, who we want to win and why.

aj3

We are still in the middle of thing. We can forget #1 in our division, we need a miracle to win the #1 spot. So we need to settle for #2 and wildcard. With that said we want 1 team to be the clear #1 seed in our division. Since we have the tie-breaker on Carolina, if we have the same record for #2 we will be 2nd and they come in 3rd. Also Carolina has a tougher schedule coming up (Den, at NYG, at NO). Assumin they lose today and then lose just one more of those game (most likely at NYG or at NO) we make the playoffs as the wild-card. With that said, Go TB.

Supporting like for my madness....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=15154404

We are still in the middle of thing. We can forget #1 in our division, we need a miracle to win the #1 spot. So we need to settle for #2 and wildcard. With that said we want 1 team to be the clear #1 seed in our division. Since we have the tie-breaker on Carolina, if we have the same record for #2 we will be 2nd and they come in 3rd. Also Carolina has a tougher schedule coming up (Den, at NYG, at NO). Assumin they lose today and then lose just one more of those game (most likely at NYG or at NO) we make the playoffs as the wild-card. With that said, Go TB.

That makes a lot of sense...thanks for clearing things up. I hate to say it, Go Bucs...

So we no longer want Carolina to win tonight?

We only wanted Carolina to win if we beat NO, because we would have a good shot at the Division. But that is out the window so we just want a wildcard. Since we hold a tiebreaker over Carolina we want them to lose. Dallas needs to keep losing also.

GO GIANTS! -.-

#1 spot is not out yet. We need to win out. We need Carolina to win this week. Then two loses by Carolina who have to play NYG and NO at home. Then in the tie break between us an them we one by more points, 17 points to 15 points in defeat. Then if Tampa losses to Carolina and then we beat Tampa, we need to beat them by more than what they beat us, or SD beat them. But we can't afford to lose another game if we want to win the division. We need some help to win the division. We have a good chance of getting in the playoffs, Dallas has to play NYG, BAL, and PHI. Dallas should lose another 1 or 2 games hopefully all of the last 3 because I don't like Dallas. We are a game up on PHI.

With Tampa loss against SD

Even with Tampa win on SD we are still in, but as the 6th seed.

With Tampa Win over SD

I was thinkin we want Carolina to win ... because we can control that scenario. If Carolina wins, and we beat TB, then we'll get that wild card spot. We'd have to hope for Carolina to lose another game ... and I don't want anyone else controlling our destiny but us. We keep winning, we're in ... and aside from the game this Sunday ... the next two are very winnable. We just have to stay focused. And I believe we can put it on TB. Ryan was very nervous that first game and it showed. He's got that confidence now ... TB didn't see that in the first matchup.

Stop playing with that TOOL.. It'll get into your brain..

The Bottom Line is that Falcons has to WIN out to make playoff....Again, We might make the playoff with 2 Wins.. But we would need tons of help...

So Go Falcons... Win out

Yeah but it's so much fun to watch the helmets/teams replace each other with just one outcome changed! B):lol:

Guest jb aka johnnybuc

I hope you all do make the playoffs. It always makes it more interesting to be able to play a division opponent in the playoffs.

Only problem is you all may HAVE to beat us next week to make it in and that just is NOT gonna happen! ;)

I hope you all do make the playoffs. It always makes it more interesting to be able to play a division opponent in the playoffs.

Only problem is you all may HAVE to beat us next week to make it in and that just is NOT gonna happen! ;)

One thing for sure, I dont forsee a blowout like last time & you'll be playing on short rest. Either way, it'll be a great game...with us winning of course :D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=10054400

This is what I'm projecting it to play out as.

If we win out, there's a very high chance that we make the playoffs, provided that we win against Tampa, that is what is most important.

If Philly continues playing like they are they most likely will secure the last playoff spot.

Another possible scenario:

However, if the Bucs beat both Carolina and us, and Dallas beats Philly week 17, then Saints secure a playoff spot BUT so do the Falcons as the 6th seed. If Philly does beat Dallas week 17, then Saints and Eagles make the playoffs and we don't. Let's hope that doesn't happen

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenari...amp;17=11054400

Basically: WE HAVE TO BEAT THE SUCS

Hey Johnny. How are you and the family doing? I haven't seen you in a few years.

Right now we are out of the playoff picture. Eventhough the Cowboys LOST to the steelers, they jumped ahead of us and now own the tie breaker, because we lost to an "In Conference Team" and the Cowboys lost to an AFC team.

We need the Bucs to beat Carolina, THEN we have to win out, and Carolina has to lose to the Giants and the Saints. We will be tied, and it will go to the fourth tie breaker b4 we win which is Common Opponents, and that would be decided by Minnesota since they lost to them.

If Carolina beats the Bucs, Carolina would have to lose its next three games and we would have to win out to be ahead of them. Or we would have to win out and the Bucs would have to lose 2 of their last threee to be ahead of them.

If either of those scenarios dont happen and we are in THIRD place in the division. We need to beat out the Cowboys as of right now, so basically have a better record than the Cowboys at the end of the season.

If we win the rest of our game Dallas is the only team that can keep us out of the last playoff spot regardless of what other teams do. If Dallas wins the rest of their games as well, we would be tied and it would go to the fourth tie breaker situation which is common opponents. This is where it gets tricky because if we win out we would have to beat St. Louis whom Dallas lost to... But Dallas beat the Bucs and we lost to them, We also lost to Philly and Dallas has beat them once already

So basically if we win out and Dallas loses one more game. There is no way we can be denied a wild card spot!

SO who cares about tonites game, let WIN the rest of ours, and hoe Dallas loses one more game! They have a really tough schedule so it's not out of the question.

Here's my Thought

Carolina Loss Tonight

Carolina Loss to Giants (But if Giants got the 1 HFA they might sit their starter which is little tricky)

Carolina might drop to Denver or NO (NO might play spoiler because they have nothing to lose)

if We win out.. We hold our DESTINY... We all know that Rom-ance would drop one more game to Giants/Ravens/Philly. But if they drop both game to NFC they Philly might get in the picture with 10 wins.. They hold the tie-breaker over us.. Dang... Ain'ts loss gonna hurt us

Here's my Thought

Carolina Loss Tonight

Carolina Loss to Giants (But if Giants got the 1 HFA they might sit their starter which is little tricky)

Carolina might drop to Denver or NO (NO might play spoiler because they have nothing to lose)

if We win out.. We hold our DESTINY... We all know that Rom-ance would drop one more game to Giants/Ravens/Philly. But if they drop both game to NFC they Philly might get in the picture with 10 wins.. They hold the tie-breaker over us.. Dang... Ain'ts loss gonna hurt us

If we win out philly doesnt have a chance and the Saints loss won't matter, we just need Dallas to lose another game, and we need to win the rest of ours