This board was a madhouse yesterday

crankdatfalcon

So many, and i mean so many negative threads from boley has played his last season with the falcons after dropping that sure game ending INT, to our season is over, to grady is our best defensive tackle. Yesterday was my first time coming on the boards after a loss and WOW, ive never seen the board like that before. People saying our season is done, obviously they didnt see dallas lose and Washington lose also which means we still hold the 6th spot as of now. Now i can agree with some of them, our defense was crap yesterday, so with said, why did coach smith elect to punt the ball on 4th and 5 in the 4th QTR??I can understand the field position and everything, but the fact of the matter is, we only had 2 timeouts left after he burned one for trying to challenge a call, and not to mention our QB was on a hot streak and you telling me our offense couldnt get 5 yards after matt was burning them all game long???Come on coach, this is our biggest rival, you have to drop your balls sometimes in situations like that.

The defensive line is our problem on defense. When you have no penetration, the offensive line WILL block the linebackers. Brooking needs to go, he can't cover anybody. We need a pass rush, and that will help the secondary. You are wrong we do not hold the last playoff spot.

People saying our season is done, obviously they didnt see dallas lose and Washington lose also which means we still hold the 6th spot as of now.

Dallas has the 6th spot as of now. They lost to an AFC team and we lost a division game. The boards always get crazy after a loss. Thats why you wait a day or two after a loss. Gotta let the kiddies vent.

People need to realize that the Falcons have far exceeded everyones expectations. We have some holes and are not the best defense, which is partly the reason we were picked to do so poorly at the beginning of the season. I am very pleased with the way our season has unfolded. I, too, was upset at the loss to the Saints, but then I remember where we were last season at this time and that puts a smile on my face. Nonetheless, lets finish the season strong, GO FALCONS!!!

We did until we lost to the Saints. Now the Cowboys have a better conference record so they have the 6th spot right now. But yes the board is always like that after a loss. Especially the trolls wanting Vick back.

how could anyone want #7 back after the way matt played yesterday, and has been playing this whole season. Matt is the reason we are where we are now..a good 8-5 team. It was just a bad decision to punt on 4th and 5 especially how hot matt was playing.

People need to realize that the Falcons have far exceeded everyones expectations. We have some holes and are not the best defense, which is partly the reason we were picked to do so poorly at the beginning of the season. I am very pleased with the way our season has unfolded. I, too, was upset at the loss to the Saints, but then I remember where we were last season at this time and that puts a smile on my face. Nonetheless, lets finish the season strong, GO FALCONS!!!

i could really see us finishing the season with 3 straight wins..why you ask??alot of reason. 1, home teams in the nfc are 23-2 at home which makes the bucs game a win on paper, our pattern our wins and losses this season means the next 2 games will be wins (refer to the schedule) and third of all, i cant see us loosing to the rams. They havent stopped anybody this season.

i could really see us finishing the season with 3 straight wins..why you ask??alot of reason. 1, home teams in the nfc are 23-2 at home which makes the bucs game a win on paper, our pattern our wins and losses this season means the next 2 games will be wins (refer to the schedule) and third of all, i cant see us loosing to the rams. They havent stopped anybody this season.

I am in no way writing the falcons off, I just wanted everyone to realize where the falcons have came from :D . They have followed the pattern all season, I see no reason why it will change. 11-5 here we come.

how could anyone want #7 back after the way matt played yesterday, and has been playing this whole season. Matt is the reason we are where we are now..a good 8-5 team. It was just a bad decision to punt on 4th and 5 especially how hot matt was playing.

I agree. But some people are just Mike Vick fans and not true Falcons fans.

Dude, you should know by now - this is how we do around here! I've said it before and I'll say it again - we're some of the most mercurial fans in the NFL. Lose one game, like yesterday, and it's like we're all of a sudden 5-8 instead of 8-5. <_<

Yea i knew it was bad, but im talking about it was krazy. People doubting coach smith after that called punt, calling for boleys contract to be ripped up after this season, i mean wow..One game loss and people seem like we need to go through the rebuilding process again.

I think yesterday's loss, especially considering the WAY we lost it, will give the Falcons new resolve going into the game against Tampa. I'm not talking about the fact that it's a "must-win" for us (which I think it is); I'm talking about how the loss yesterday should solidify in the minds of the players and fans the Falcons can play with ANY team in the league, whether home or away, and that the Bucs will have **** waiting for them at the Dome come Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we beat Tampa by 20.

I didnt freak out too much after the loss yesterday but I sure was pissed with the defense's play (or lack of it). I had a feeling this would be a game that we might lose but I also think they can win the next 3, 2/3 at worse.

The Falcons are in the #7 spot behind Dallas but the Cowboys have a VERY tough 3 games coming up starting next week against the Giants.

I didnt freak out too much after the loss yesterday but I sure was pissed with the defense's play (or lack of it). I had a feeling this would be a game that we might lose but I also think they can win the next 3, 2/3 at worse.

The Falcons are in the #7 spot behind Dallas but the Cowboys have a VERY tough 3 games coming up starting next week against the Giants.

And the Giants are gonna be pissed off about that loss they had too.

The Giants should be even MORE pissed off than us because, in my opinion, they had an even more winnable game than the Falcons. Toomer was saying that all the distractions involving Burress distracted them.

Yeah I saw that, I think it's a BS excuse though. Had Dixon caught that pass the Giants probably would have won that game. I mean dayum, how does anyone drop a pass that nice?