Jamaal WONT want to watch this game film tomorrow..

xFalconLord

First let me preface this by saying Jamaal Anderson gets off the snap a half second after everyone else EVERY defensive snap. I have slow motion on my DVR and if you watch the D-Line, everyone gets off the snap and then a half second later Jamaal decides its time to move.

Now.. the first half Jamaal played nearly every snap. He got pushed around nearly every play. The Saints ran these pitches and counter actions to his side and just chip blocked on him to seal the edge. The guy blocking Jamaal only had to put a hand on him for a half second and then they moved over to maul Boley with 2 offensive lineman. They ran this quick toss/counter action play at Jamaal for much of the first half.

Jamaal actually just fell down on one play without much help for the Olineman. Was maybe the saddest thing I have seen from him. I have also noticed that Jamaal is now content just standing at the line looking at the QB hoping he throws a pass low enough to bat down. It looks like hes not trying to get to the QB after initial contact.

The second half, Jamaal got benched on back to back drives in favor of Chauncey Davis (who played those 2 drives opposite John Abraham). When Davis came in, he immediately sacked Drew Brees (even though Drew made a half yard on the play so its not an official sack). Also, Davis made a TFL on the following drive. On the screen pass that Pierre Thomas caught (before the missed 2 point conversion), I dont know how Davis didnt bat the ball down. Brees got lucky as he*l getting that pass off.

Jamaal came back on the field after the 88 yard KR and proceeded to get pushed around like a rag doll.

Can someone please tell me ONE PLAY where Jamaal looked like he had any kind of skills? In the ENTIRE game!!?? Please, I just watched every defensive snap in slow motion. There was nothing to be excited about. Nothing even remotely solid. No run stuffing ability. In fact, he never once was intentionally double teamed. Never. Still nothing from him.

What a joke of a player he is.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Wishing we could've be able to get Landry in that draft, (but thats neither here nor now)

Its a shame Jamal isn't working out, Keep hoping he'll turn the corner and be the DE we want him to be but its startin to look like we'll never see that. He's had some plays but nothing that makes you think he's a first rounder. Maybe he'll pull a Roddy and become a viable DE someday but at this point i'm not holding my breath.

First let me preface this by saying Jamaal Anderson gets off the snap a half second after everyone else EVERY defensive snap. I have slow motion on my DVR and if you watch the D-Line, everyone gets off the snap and then a half second later Jamaal decides its time to move.

Now.. the first half Jamaal played nearly every snap. He got pushed around nearly every play. The Saints ran these pitches and counter actions to his side and just chip blocked on him to seal the edge. The guy blocking Jamaal only had to put a hand on him for a half second and then they moved over to maul Boley with 2 offensive lineman. They ran this quick toss/counter action play at Jamaal for much of the first half.

Jamaal actually just fell down on one play without much help for the Olineman. Was maybe the saddest thing I have seen from him. I have also noticed that Jamaal is now content just standing at the line looking at the QB hoping he throws a pass low enough to bat down. It looks like hes not trying to get to the QB after initial contact.

The second half, Jamaal got benched on back to back drives in favor of Chauncey Davis (who played those 2 drives opposite John Abraham). When Davis came in, he immediately sacked Drew Brees (even though Drew made a half yard on the play so its not an official sack). Also, Davis made a TFL on the following drive. On the screen pass that Pierre Thomas caught (before the missed 2 point conversion), I dont know how Davis didnt bat the ball down. Brees got lucky as he*l getting that pass off.

Jamaal came back on the field after the 88 yard KR and proceeded to get pushed around like a rag doll.

Can someone please tell me ONE PLAY where Jamaal looked like he had any kind of skills? In the ENTIRE game!!?? Please, I just watched every defensive snap in slow motion. There was nothing to be excited about. Nothing even remotely solid. No run stuffing ability. In fact, he never once was intentionally double teamed. Never. Still nothing from him.

What a joke of a player he is.

That is just sad...

and that last part I highlighted..I noticed that too. He did NOTHING on that TD play. He needs to be replaced. Thats all there is too it.

:( Wishing we could've be able to get Landry in that draft, (but thats neither here nor now)

Its a shame Jamal isn't working out, Keep hoping he'll turn the corner and be the DE we want him to be but its startin to look like we'll never see that. He's had some plays but nothing that makes you think he's a first rounder. Maybe he'll pull a Roddy and become a viable DE someday but at this point i'm not holding my breath.

yeah..I know hindsight is 20/20 but I wish Petrino would have kept his word and gotten Okoye...OR patrick willis, Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffin..ugh..anyway..he needs to be replaced.

true. But Jamaal didn't do anything the entire game. Maybe I'm being overly critical but the ENTIRE game??? the defense as a whole did bad..but thats just unacceptable IMO.

Ehh the problem with threads like this is we really don't know exactly what he was suppose to do. I know its popular to just say " he has to make tackles and get to the qb"

but in reality that is not always the case. a lot of times on running plays D-ends responsibility to act like another DT and basically "cover up" a linebacker or safey coming down into the box.

there is NO ON on the board who knows what assignments each player is given on each defense and as I mentioned contrary to popular belief it is not always the same.

some defenses call for a end to play contain, some have them to be more of a reaction type thing IE depending on tackles moving either go inside or go out etc... there are MANY things that can be going on.

I did miss the first few minutes of the game... but from I saw mid first quarter on the saints biggest runs came strait up the middle on delayed draws and such......plays that Anderson , Abe or any of our outside guys could really do a lot of about.

Threads like this and others saying how bad a player sucks and did not do anything usually show how little ( no offense to you DBG) people actually know about football........and it **** sure shows how few people have every played at any level , especially on the line

Anderson for the most part this year has played well... the numbers don't show it but he has.... today though it did not seem like his best day.. but to say he did nothing all game is a bit foolish because simply you nor I know exactly what he or any other player was suppose to do on any given defensive play.

He has not even been in the nfl 2 seasons

his first season should be a wash due to the staff and plan we had in place here...... Petrino basically used him ..as another Dt, they never tried to get him on the corner , he always played head up on OT, with according to him, coaches and other players have said was to play the run first.

He has two sacks in 2 years...... Patrick Kerney only had 5 his first two years

Justin Tuck had 1 sack in his first two years.

There are TONS of guys who did not have great production their first couple of years but turned out to be good players...... Is Anderson one of them??? who knows but as usually people are WAY over reacting to him because he is not putting up the kind of numbers some expect.

Appreciate the breakdown, FalconLord, during the live game it's hard to key on just one player. Next year changes will be made. New Orleans exposed us for having a weak defense especially DL except Abe and LBs. In other games Ryan and the offense gets us off to a nice lead which helps cover up our defensive problems. When you try to point that out you get people saying that its just garbage stats because with a lead we are just playing prevent defense. I guess they just are in denial.

Just so people can get a visual here before I say this: I'm sitting at my desk, calm as can be, the game has been over for hours...

JAMAAL ANDERSON IS VIRTUALLY INEFFECTIVE AS A PASS RUSHER.

He even got owned in the run game yesterday and that's supposed to be his strong point. I hate to say this, but McKay whiffed like a big dog on this kid. The only thing that keeps him in the game is his size and draft position. TD needs to go after another DE in this upcoming draft. It's definitely a need.

There were legions of threads in Roddy Whites second season whining about him not getting separation, not being "quick" or explosive enough out of his route to get separation. The knee jerk Roddy is a bust haters said there was no doubt he had the speed as witnessed in his 40 yard time but that he was just not quick or explosive enough to suceed in the NFL.

Now we see the same criticisms levied at JA98, he is not quick or explosive enough. JA, just like Roddy, had a very good 40 for a DE at 4.75 don't forget. Did Roddy suddenly get more explosive his third year, OF COURSE not, he always had the physical ability, he was just too raw to know how to use it is all.

In fact, Brain Baldinger put together clips of several games that showed neither Roddy nor Jenkins were getting separation and many here saw that video clip. That was Roddy second season and even Dan Reeves came to a game that season and said afterwards that the WR's couldn't get separation. These are facts, and many here know it's true.

In fact, Rev Hal and JSTAMMER both sat together during a game after Baldingers criticism of our WRs and verifiedthey saw the exact same thing. Rev said him and JSTAMMER he watched the WRs all game from the stands and that Roddy couldn;t get open, couldn;t get any separation.

We have revisionist historians here cliaming they always saw the upside of Roddy, yet we all know back then it was these same people crying for McKay to be fired for picking the bust Roddy White that although has good straight line speed, clearly did not have the quickness or explosiveness to suceed in the NFL and therefore was a bust..

Patrick Kerney was picked not too many picks down from where JA98 was picked.. He played on passing downs, but had only 2.5 sacks in his first 2 seasons. Fans screamed the owrd bust, said Kerney wasn;t living up to his draft position or contract....fans concluded Kerney was a bad pick, yet Kerney led the NFL in sacks last year. How soon some forget the problem with knee jerk premature conclusions on players.

My official position on JA98 has never changed: I do not know if JA98 will turn te corner and become a top end DE, if he will never be any better than he is right now or he will get worse.......I have never stated any prediction. I have onl said I will wait until next year to conclude what type of player he will be.

Right now, JA98 seems to have taken a bit of a step back the last 2 games, but many developing players go through these ups and downs, and earlier this year he was providing a lot of heat on passing downs and got 2 sacks. So, they jury is still out, I have no idea if he will be a boom, bust or average player mid next yar NOR do I take any position except to wait.

I don't think he will turn his career around like White, Vick was the problem with the WR play. Last year the WR's had to get used to playing the position again as it had been a while and they had to get their confidence back. When you have the world telling you that you suck as a WR you start believing it. Then you find out it was not you at all it takes a while to get your confidence back.

Jamal has no excuse as a pass rusher. He looked great as a run stuffer at the beginning of the season, I wonder if he has an injury that's not bad enough to keep him off the field but is effecting his play. I just can't see him playing the run as well as he was and then suddenly sucking against the run.

yeah..I know hindsight is 20/20 but I wish Petrino would have kept his word and gotten Okoye...OR patrick willis, Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffin..ugh..anyway..he needs to be replaced.

as impossible as it seems, i think Anderson looks better than Okoye now.

He hasnt done anything but get injured since about week 6 of last season.

Now Willis would have been nice.....

I think McKay planned of Peterson or Landry falling and made a desperation move when they didnt. He only spoke to Anderson one time before taking him...at the combine interview...where they get like 8 minutes per player to talk.

I don't think he will turn his career around like White, Vick was the problem with the WR play. Last year the WR's had to get used to playing the position again as it had been a while and they had to get their confidence back. When you have the world telling you that you suck as a WR you start believing it. Then you find out it was not you at all it takes a while to get your confidence back.

Jamal has no excuse as a pass rusher. He looked great as a run stuffer at the beginning of the season, I wonder if he has an injury that's not bad enough to keep him off the field but is effecting his play. I just can't see him playing the run as well as he was and then suddenly sucking against the run.

lol...I love how people continue to blame Vick when White is constantly stating it was him not taking football serious. <_<

Towards Gazoo, it's cool to have your opinion, but it's like you are taking this stance to on the fence, and giving up a lot of excuses for him. Just like there have been FEW players who have had slow starts to their careers, when they were STARTING on virtually EVERY snap, and one day they pick it up, there are MORE players who have slow starts to their careers, and they NEVER pick it up. It's legitimately looking like that now. As you said, it could've been a bad game. But the thing holding Roddy back wasn't him not knowing how to use his "raw" abilities, it was him being your average NFL ****-up. Now, knowing Jam can play better against THIS EXACT NEW ORLEANS LINE, it scares me to see him almost take a game off. ****, him, at his current stature in the NFL, it's horrible for him to be seen taking ONE play off. Because, he played harder in a earlier game this year. Now he's getting pushed around, and that sounds more like bad preparation.

What?

And give up their asst mgr job at Burger King?

because everybody who comments on a team they like is stuck with a managerial job at a fast food joint? that would still be better than half the blind fans who believe they're some type of "elitists" because they blindly say nothing other than positive comments about the team. I'm a college student who works part-time to pay for my expenses, and I don't agree with the ideal that Anderson is a boom in the waiting. I'm not saying I have some type of crystal ball, or even the credentials to be a true analyst. But I believe it was Bill Simmons who said it best. A lot of the time, the fan of the GAME is the real analyst. I can say it w/ confidence, I'm a huge FOOTBALL fan, along with being a bigger Falcon fan.

because everybody who comments on a team they like is stuck with a managerial job at a fast food joint? that would still be better than half the blind fans who believe they're some type of "elitists" because they blindly say nothing other than positive comments about the team. I'm a college student who works part-time to pay for my expenses, and I don't agree with the ideal that Anderson is a boom in the waiting. I'm not saying I have some type of crystal ball, or even the credentials to be a true analyst. But I believe it was Bill Simmons who said it best. A lot of the time, the fan of the GAME is the real analyst. I can say it w/ confidence, I'm a huge FOOTBALL fan, along with being a bigger Falcon fan.

Mike Smith is waiting for your opinion on Jamaal Anderson to matter...

How about try just being a fan... you don't need to offer your "expert" opinion on who sucks, needs to be cut or make polls about approval ratings... just pull for the team and watch the game. Every now and then go and make a bunch of noise in support of the team. WHY would you beat up on any part of the TEAM you are supposedly a fan of?

Why waste your time and breathe (typing) grousing over who on the team sucks?

KNOWBODY MAKING DECISIONS FOR THE FALCONS ACTUALLY CARES WHAT YOU THINK!