Michael Turner

falconfiend82

Don't get me wrong, Turner is an awesome RB but it seems to me that he has a tendency to get to the line and stop. I know the o-line isn't opening a lot of big holes, but he really needs to start busting it in there every time. Even if there's not a hole, he can still run through a couple guys and get 3 or 4 yards. It seems to me that he sometimes waits too long for something to open up instead of using his power to mow people down. He started off good today, but did nothing in the 2nd half. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Don't get me wrong, Turner is an awesome RB but it seems to me that he has a tendency to get to the line and stop. I know the o-line isn't opening a lot of big holes, but he really needs to start busting it in there every time. Even if there's not a hole, he can still run through a couple guys and get 3 or 4 yards. It seems to me that he sometimes waits too long for something to open up instead of using his power to mow people down. He started off good today, but did nothing in the 2nd half. Anyone else notice this or is it just me?

Perhaps you are talking about a different Michael Turner? The Turner I've watched all year drags piles and runs over jackass CBs.

have you ever played football?..lol.

If there is no hole, where is he going to run? If defensive linemen are in the backfield how is he going to make a play?

lol @ bursting it in there.........line aint opening ish for us man.We are letting people in the backfield before turner even gets the ball

same thing i was going to say.

how about you guys try and run through one of the walls in your house. if **** aint there it aint there, that simple. im sure turner's doing everything he possibly can.

you guys work to hard to defend players. if you actually watched the game there were times when he would hit a hole slow down or completely stop as if he didnt want the contact........one time it was highly noticeable.........he was IN the hole stopped looked then started back up. The guy is good but this is his first year with a full load since college.....he's tired. No need for yall to throw on captain save a hoe capes though..........he's going to be a pro bowler for a few years.

If there is no hole, where is he going to run? If defensive linemen are in the backfield how is he going to make a play?

Exactly Everyone is not Barry Sanders.....Turner is a straight ahead one cut and go runner. But hey check this out

Rk Player Team Pos Att Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Lng 1st 1st% 20+ 40+ FUM

1 Adrian Peterson MIN RB 293 22.5 1,413 4.8 108.7 9 59 64 21.8 17 3 7

2 Michael Turner ATL RB 300 23.1 1,269 4.2 97.6 14 66T 65 21.7 9 1 2

3 Clinton Portis WAS RB 266 20.5 1,260 4.7 96.9 7 31 62 23.3 13 0 2

The problem is we have basically one running back and he runs 25-30 every week. No backups. Norwood looks worse every week. His kick-off returns have been reduced from bursts of speend to tippy-toeing to the 20 yard line and then falling down. When our running game isn't working, we still try to run. Yesterday we had a hot QB but insisted on wasting 25 running plays of which 20 did nothing. The defense was horrible. Boley, Anderson, and Brooking are subpar players. I still think we make the playoffs but must get some help.

If there is no hole he needs to run over someone like he was doing earlier in the year. I'm not talking about the plays when he gets hit in the backfield, I'm talking when he gets to the line and stops running to look for a hole. I watched Leron McClain last night and he busted it in there every play whether it was open or not and I know that Turner is 10 times the RB McClain is.

Please don't over react, I'm not bashing Turner, just bringing up an observation.

I hope Norwood heals up soon too. He really hasn't looked the same the past few weeks.

umm yea i have and i know when you get to the line and the hole is closed you dont just fall u bounce out and find something else

i think the main point of this thread was saying look at the start of the saints game turner was straight BEASTING dudes out there then when he gets tired he runs realllllllllllly fast to the line and stops

The problem is we have basically one running back and he runs 25-30 every week. No backups. Norwood looks worse every week. His kick-off returns have been reduced from bursts of speend to tippy-toeing to the 20 yard line and then falling down. When our running game isn't working, we still try to run. Yesterday we had a hot QB but insisted on wasting 25 running plays of which 20 did nothing. The defense was horrible. Boley, Anderson, and Brooking are subpar players. I still think we make the playoffs but must get some help.

I wanna get my point across so I'm gonna use a really big font.

Our fans are funny. Our RB is 2nd in the entire NFL in rushing yards from scrimmage. He also leads the entire league in yards after contact. Yet we complain that he isn't hitting the hole hard enough... Curious as to who you think hits it harder...

For the record, RB's are taught to be patient, to allow their blockers that extra second to create a crease and when they find that crease, hit it hard. What you want Turner to do is the exact opposite of what NFL RB's are supposed to do.

I'm just glad our internet coaching staff has shown up Monday to make so many positive assessments that will gladly never be heard by anyone that has anything to do with any decision ever made on the team. You guys do a bang up job of wasting time and using bandwidth. :)

to the op, I think he did what he could and trust his prowess as the number 2 runningback in the entire league over your own. I think what happened yesterday was the Saints committed to defending the run, it happens and when it does it usually opens up alot in the passing game. Even though we did not have a good running game yesterday the respect our running game demands is what made our passing game more effective. Unfortunatly we lost the race to score last...

When Turner isn't lighting it up, it isnt because of how he attacks the gaps....its because teams exploit his lack of lateral agility.

He has limited vision and cutback ability for an NFL running back....so if you dont give him the initial gap hole, the gain will be minimal.

I'm not knocking on the guy, because its hilarious to watch him carry people on his back, just stating his weaknesses. And thats fine, as long as our pseudo-average OL can create a few yards of steam for him.

Because of the quality of defenses and RB's in the NFL, good RB play is normally predicated on dominating OL play.

put baker in the game and you will see the difference.. weiner can barely walk and hes in there?>>> big heart but baker when healthy is our option

When Turner isn't lighting it up, it isnt because of how he attacks the gaps....its because teams exploit his lack of lateral agility.

He has limited vision and cutback ability for an NFL running back....so if you dont give him the initial gap hole, the gain will be minimal.

I'm not knocking on the guy, because its hilarious to watch him carry people on his back, just stating his weaknesses. And thats fine, as long as our pseudo-average OL can create a few yards of steam for him.

Because of the quality of defenses and RB's in the NFL, good RB play is normally predicated on dominating OL play.

is that you Jim Brown?

I think he only had 19 carries. If so, Thats not good enough. he needs more than that. He is a big help to this team. and he has def got to work on his hands catching the ball out of the back field.

He's never going to be a "good hands" reciever out of the backfield (unfortunately). He had a rather sizable splint on his right hand (I believe) yesterday during the game and that severly limits your ability to be a reciever. Maybe they will work some of that before next season gets going. In the meantime perhaps Baker is back in the game this weekend and will be a force to be reckoned with. Atlanta has to stop Gaines Adams this next Sunday!