You're welcome, Roddy White

Dem Birds

At training camp this year, Roddy was signing autographs and a fan said "Roddy White - NFC's Leading Receiver!" I, of course, said "No! The NFL's Leading Receiver!" and as you can tell, Roddy took that as motivation to have a monster season. So, you are welcome Roddy, and keep up the great, great work. Sorry the defense couldn't hold. (Though it was the number 1 offense in the league, and they did a great job a few weeks ago against them)

From Don Banks at CNNSI http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...html?eref=nflg:

"• What a monster Roddy White has become for Atlanta. His season-high 10 catches for 164 yards didn't help produce the Falcons' ninth win at New Orleans, but he is proving that there was nothing fluky about his 83-catch, 1,202-yard season of 2007. White already has a career-best 1,249 receiving yards this season, and with 78 receptions already bagged and three games remaining, he'll soon top last year in that department, too."

That it is. He's only a few catches short of last years total, but has already passed his receiving mark. I can't imagine him not wanting to resign with the connection he has with Ryan.

I can't imagine him getting anything less than better with a veteran Ryan. That should be motivation enough for him to re-sign.

The other thing about Roddy White is that he's got motivation and a work ethic now. The INT that Matt Ryan threw, if Roddy hadn't grabbed JD by the jersey and tackled him, it would've been returned for a TD. I mean even two years ago, you probably would not have seen Roddy even try to run and catch a CB....even if it is Jason David

Yeah...but problem is...I just don't know how much better Ryan can get. I mean, jesus, he's already one of the best in the league.

I feel you...but I think Ryan will soar to Peyton Manning-esque status soon. He is, however, right up there as one of the best QBs RIGHT NOW in the NFL.

I just can't stop dreaming bout us in the Super Bowl this year though.