We Might As Well Draft Another DE

formul8or

If we're gonna keep Abe on the sidelines during any plays with a small chance of them running the ball, we might as well draft another DE to come in during that time. Why we keep our biggest playmaker on the sidelines so much is beyond me. Yeah Chauncey is bigger, but Abraham gives the o-line bigger trouble.

We need to get that DE to put in with Anderson on running plays or let Abraham play the game already.

If we're gonna keep Abe on the sidelines during any plays with a small chance of them running the ball, we might as well draft another DE to come in during that time. Why we keep our biggest playmaker on the sidelines so much is beyond me. Yeah Chauncey is bigger, but Abraham gives the o-line bigger trouble.

We need to get that DE to put in with Anderson on running plays or let Abraham play the game already.

We were trying to stop the run and Abraham is not as good against the run as Davis

We need a second pass rusher while we at it...cause JA98 ain't helping out with that part of the game. He is doing things a role player does (i.e. blocked a kick, batting down passes, 2 sacks, a bunch of tackles)...but if we want to have a great defense, we need someone who can keep Abe from getting double/triple-teamed.

Are there any really good DEs coming out of college next year? I don't really pay attention to college as much as the NFL.

:blink:

With junior declarations, there could be about 20 really good DEs in this next draft.

Brian Orakpo

Greg Hardy

Michael Johnson

Everette Brown

George Selvie

Tyson Jackson

Brandon Graham

Greg Middleton

Clint Sintim (3-4 OLB that can play RE in the 4-3)

Auston English

Connor Barwin

Ricky Sapp

Maurice Evans

Aaron Maybin

Matt Shaugnessy

Phillip Hunt

Larry English

Cody Brown

Derek Walker

Pannel Egboh

Willie VanDeSteeg

Are there any really good DEs coming out of college next year? I don't really pay attention to college as much as the NFL.

I dont know if I would call any of them really good. I've heard that this years senior class is really weak all the way around. I don't remember watching any superstars this year in college, but I've only caught a dozen games or so.

I really think we are going to have to pick up a DE or DT through FA this year to be competative next year. I think Babs will progress and Abe is good, but you really need 6 dlinemen to rotate through. I was watching the steelers/cowboys game tonight and was just amazed at how every dline man the steelers have is always in the play. It might be a reality that it takes two more years to get that Dline fixed. If we do draft a Junior it is going to take some time. A 20 year old is just going to have a very hard time competing in the NFL. Needs a couple of years of experience and growing.

Yeah I say DT takes the #1 priority in the draft, but we need to get a good DE if we're gonna sit Abe so much. Unless Bierrman muscles up.

Biermann has been playing well lately. he has been getting pressure. i think i saw him using his speed to try and get past the tackles. the only problem was that we had no inside push which allowed brees to step up into the pocket. Biermann could get more sacks if we had a good pass rushing DT