Guys! We didn't lose any ground!

Yea, we are all disappointed in the loss today. But lets be thankful...Cowboys lost, and the Redskins are losing at the half. If Baltimore holds on to beat them, then we will still be holding the 6 seed heading into next week. Sure it would be nice to have gotten the game today, but it didn't happen. The Falcons will be ready to play the fucanneers next week, and I feel certain we are going to finish this season with three wins!

Go Falcons!

I like the positive nature of your post but right now the Cowgirls are ahead of us because we have more conference losses than they do...... ;)

I like the positive nature of your post but right now the Cowgirls are ahead of us because we have more conference losses than they do...... ;)

No we dont.. We have the same number of conf. losses. They just have a better win % because they have more conf. wins. They have 2 conference games left agaisnt NYG and Philly. We have 3 conf games left against TB, MINN and STL. I like our odds to get to a better conf win % if it comes down to that.

No we dont.. We have the same number of conf. losses. They just have a better win % because they have more conf. wins. They have 2 conference games left agaisnt NYG and Philly. We have 3 conf games left against TB, MINN and STL. I like our odds to get to a better conf win % if it comes down to that.

Yep, you're right.....My bad, and I do like our odds in the last 3 compared to the Cowgirls......... ;)

We did lose a lot of ground. The conference tie-breakers are killers. Play around with the Yahoo playoff generator and you'll see that we need some help now. We're behind Dallas, at least. Most importantly, we gave up a loss that could have been used for Tampa. Adding two conference losses to get us to 10-6 leaves us in need of some major help, and unfortunately, the teams that can provide it, like the Eagles, eventually overtake us if they help us too much. It's still wide open, but we controlled our own destiny before and even had some cushion for a loss to Tampa. So we gave up a lot of earned territory today. Of course, if we can beat Tampa, we're in great shape.

Yep Dallas holds the tiebreaker for now but they will lose next week to the Giants who are playing for home field advantage & they are gonna be pissed they lost to the Eagles. Dallas is 6-4 in conference & we are 5-4. Dallas also closes the season at Philly so they may end up 6-6 in conference. They also play the Ravens. Dallas could very well lose out & be 8-8. Looks like the Skins are gonna lose tonight. Our loss today didn't hurt us too much as far as the wild card goes. I believe we are setup pretty good to win out and be 11-5. No way Tampa beats us at home with us coming off a tough road loss.

We still hold our own Destiny

Somewhat but not entirely. If we win the last 3 games we have about an 90% chance of making the playoffs. It may be a bit higher than that. We just need Dallas to lose a game, which they should.

If the Falcons finish 10-6, we need Dallas to lose 2 of 3 and then Philly/Washington/New Orleans/Chicago to lose 1 of their last 3 games. Remember that Philly plays Dallas so someone has to win that game. Also Washington and Philly play. We want to pull for Philly to win that game and beat Dallas but lose to Cleveland next week.

In the 10-6 scenario, many of those 4 teams play each other down the stretch. People will lose, we just have to have it fall the right way.