Tough, Painful Loss Today ....

Tandy

It was hard today. I don't know how it played out on TV and I haven't read any threads here yet - but I don't need to. I'm sure all the "regulars" are fighting off the trolls valiantly. There are those calling out the players, the coaches and the calls, because as we know - they are not doing their job.

I just want to point out a couple of things before I head off to bed. I was at the game and I don't know how it played out on the television - but that crap was loud today. I'm talking bone-chilling loud. I don't know how Ryan was calling audibles out there, but I loved watching him direct traffic. He was doing a spectacular job. I'm not sure what his stats are yet - I'll stop this post to go look ....

Okay - so today he was 24 of 33 for 315 yards and a 71.5 percent completion ratio (wow) and 1 TD, 1 INT + 1 rushing TD with a 99.9 rating

For the year - he's 14 TD, 7 INT, 2,940 YDS + 1 rushing TD and a QB rating of 92.0

So, 60 more yards - he's at 3000 yds for the year.

Other than that - Roddy looked wonderful out there, as did Harry Douglas - in fact the entire offense looked pretty good out there.

The defense looked like they just got back from the West Coast this week and were facing the number one offense of a NFC South Division in their loud, nasty home. Oh wait ..

It was a horrid loss. I couldn't believe that run back by Pierre Thomas (what a little beast he is - nice pickup Aints).

The people around me were truly ugly souls. I usually luck up and find some fun sparring partners but fairly nice people at those games, but today, I sat with the low class, low life AINT fans from ****. They were up in my face until I was about to knock one over the rails after the game. We managed to get out among the gleeful AINT mongers and are now safely home. My heart still hurts so I'm not going to write much more tonight, plus I have to get up and drive to Ft Lauderdale tomorrow.

Tough game - but we'll come out fighting on Sunday and kick the Sux from one end of the Dome to the other.

You guys - if you ever want to know how to rock a dome - go to the Superdome - now those fans know how to make some noise. Kind of made me sad for us. :( Not nearly as sad as losing did though. :(

I STILL BELIEVE!!! I believed we were going to win right up until that last first down by the AINTS. ****! :angry:

The front 7 and safeties were horrible.. The D-Line wasnt disruptive. They let the Saints horrible O-Line get to the second level and lock up the LBs. The backers didnt get off blocks. The safeties took horrid angles. Houston probably played the best of anyone. He was challenging the WRs all day long. Other than that, we were pretty sorry.

Ryan almost led the comeback DESPITE the defense.

Living over here in Gulfport,Ms. I've been to quite a few saints games , yeah its loud and fun....I dont go anymore cause too many drunken aints fans wanna start chit. It takes all the fun out of it.

I'd rather watch it at home on 55" of lcd hd. (saves $$$$ too!!!) lol

THanks for the post Tandy. Glad you made it back in one piece.

I could only listen to the game and check the stats on my laptop, but from what I heard our Dline was pathetic. All the way around. The anouncers said that Abe looked bad and that his injury must be worse than announced. The O sounded pretty good. REally happen for Roddy today. Man, we have got to figure a way to get a consistent running attack going.

Yeah, trolls are bad today. Everybody wants to throw the coaches and most of the players under the bus (I might help push JA98). It sounded like a pretty well called game by the coaches. A lot of people said we should have gone for it on 4th and 5 in the 4th. I just can't see a logical reason for doing that. You were at the game, so your insight regarding that call would be welcome. I still say if your D can't make a stand when the game is on the line you don't deserve to win. Oh, well.

Superfan had a real nice positive post. Regardless of the outcome you have to be really proud of the Falcons this year. Everytime the offense takes the field I get excited. I hope I feel the same way about the D next year.

I could only listen to the game and check the stats on my laptop, but from what I heard our Dline was pathetic. All the way around. The anouncers said that Abe looked bad and that his injury must be worse than announced. The O sounded pretty good. REally happen for Roddy today. Man, we have got to figure a way to get a consistent running attack going.

Yeah, trolls are bad today. Everybody wants to throw the coaches and most of the players under the bus (I might help push JA98). It sounded like a pretty well called game by the coaches. A lot of people said we should have gone for it on 4th and 5 in the 4th. I just can't see a logical reason for doing that. You were at the game, so your insight regarding that call would be welcome. I still say if your D can't make a stand when the game is on the line you don't deserve to win. Oh, well.

Superfan had a real nice positive post. Regardless of the outcome you have to be really proud of the Falcons this year. Everytime the offense takes the field I get excited. I hope I feel the same way about the D next year.

Yeah, I of course, wanted to go for it on the 4th and 5 - but I absolutely know that came from my emotional side. I do understand. I know we had several false starts from the noise in there. It was incredible. I know it would have been horrendously loud if they went for it on 4th down and if they got pushed back by a false start and then had to kick - more minutes would have ticked off. Plus, the way they were moving the ball - if we gave them the short field - they surely would have scored another TD there - and then it would have been game over.

Bottom line - the ST blew it before that - letting Thomas get down the field and then the TD. That sucked. Also - I don't know - maybe they would have made the 1st down - (of course I believe they would have - but I'm like that) but truth is - we don't know, they had 3 chances before that and couldn't convert. I remember everybody screaming about us going for 4th and 1 on the goal line at the end of the half ON THE ROAD last week - so .... I guess it's easy to second guess the coach - but he did the thing most coaches would do on the road. He had over 3 minutes - 2 TO's and the 2 minute warning. It's reasonable to think that your D would understand how important it was to give Matt the ball back. They did it in Philly and they've done it time and again this year. Today they didn't and we lost.

I think when we shore up that D line in the offseason - we are going to be thrilled. I always wonder what our team would be like with our old gritz blitz defense and our current offense. Oh well. I'm still pissed that we didn't win.

Great post Tandy! We must remember that that was the #1 O in the league with the #1 QB in the league. We held him under 300 yards cause of the play of Houston (he was trying to pick on Houston if ya ask me) and occasional disruptive play be the front 7. We lost because we could not stop Pierre Thomas' running. Our O looked amazing! Well, except for the beginning of that long drive with all the penalties. They stacked against the run all day and Ryan put the ball where he needed to almost every time!

The front 7 and safeties were horrible.. The D-Line wasnt disruptive. They let the Saints horrible O-Line get to the second level and lock up the LBs. The backers didnt get off blocks. The safeties took horrid angles. Houston probably played the best of anyone. He was challenging the WRs all day long. Other than that, we were pretty sorry.

Ryan almost led the comeback DESPITE the defense.

You know - the defense looked "sluggish" to me. I couldn't help but wonder how much the West Coast trip had to do with that. I don't know. I was PO'd when Boley missed that int. Also, Abe didn't look so hot - does anyone know if he's injured?

Great post Tandy! We must remember that that was the #1 O in the league with the #1 QB in the league. We held him under 300 yards cause of the play of Houston (he was trying to pick on Houston if ya ask me) and occasional disruptive play be the front 7. We lost because we could not stop Pierre Thomas' running. Our O looked amazing! Well, except for the beginning of that long drive with all the penalties. They stacked against the run all day and Ryan put the ball where he needed to almost every time!

If you could have been there and heard the place - you'd understand the false starts. I'm surprised we didn't get more.

No Abe did not look bad at all. Don't know what the crap they are talking about.

You know - the defense looked "sluggish" to me. I couldn't help but wonder how much the West Coast trip had to do with that. I don't know. I was PO'd when Boley missed that int. Also, Abe didn't look so hot - does anyone know if he's injured?

To be honest with you I think Abe was perfectly healthy. They went with 2 combinations of DE's in the game. Abe and Jamaal... then there was Davis and Kroy. I saw a whole lot of Kroy and Davis. I honestly think that Davis and Jamaal got lots of playing time because the coaches were thinking about stopping the run. They were gashing us on the run.

We couldnt stop the run on 1st and 2nd downs to get Abe in those 3rd and long pass rushing situations. Also, Abe had a really nice play to get a holding call. He pretty much got tackled negating a 30 yard completion by Brees which would have been a huge 3rd down conversion. Abe also got in Brees face on a 2nd down play to make him throw a screen pass in the dirt.

All in all, the DT play was pretty weak. Moorehead got owned A LOT, and Grady wasnt holding up 2 blockers as much. Babs and Moorehead were just too small in the inside. Jamaal stood still on most plays just holding up the RT but that really didnt help much. Who knows what we could have done differently. I guess we should have brought the safeties up a bit more, but that would have given Brees the deep ball. I think the front 7 cost us the game. Van Gorder trusted them to stop the run game and short play action, and they just didnt do it. It was bend but dont break, and they broke us with the run game.

Tandy, you are indeed something special and a true fan. You rapidly became one of my favorite posters when I got back to the boards this season for your positiveness and undying loyalty, not to mention your football knowledge, which is heads and shoulders above most of the males in here! :lol:

I'd love to watch a game sometime with you and your husband,...even if he is a 49'ers fan! 9'ers won today and I think Singletary is doing great. Tell your hubby 'congrats' for me!

I guess there is something wrong with me. It was a close loss to our oldest/most hated rival, but I am just not mad. I have zero disdain built up. Weird!

There's nothing wrong with you, dude. It's natural enough to be disappointed or upset when your team loses, but ya can't internalize it because you have no control over it. As much as we all love our Falcons, there are more important things in life that we do have control over,...and THAT'S hard enough! When folks start kickin' the dog or breaking furniture over a loss,...they have a real personal problem. ;)

I guess there is something wrong with me. It was a close loss to our oldest/most hated rival, but I am just not mad. I have zero disdain built up. Weird!

Same here. I sort of felt this one coming. It's a rival game on the road. Which means is almost always a toss up. I feel we are going to beat the Bucs down this weekend though.

There's nothing wrong with you, dude. It's natural enough to be disappointed or upset when your team loses, but ya can't internalize it because you have no control over it. As much as we all love our Falcons, there are more important things in life that we do have control over,...and THAT'S hard enough! When folks start kickin' the dog or breaking furniture over a loss,...they have a real personal problem. ;)

Dr. Phil, is that you?

Kekekeke :lol:

Tandy,

You basically already hit on the 2 moments that I think were missed opportunities for our birds to get the game in hand. First off, and most important was the ST gaffe in letting Thomas run down the field w/that return. We let 'em off the hook.

And then Boley makes that intereception - it woulda been game over. Watching on TV it seemed like it was pretty loud in there to me too. And for that matter, I watched the Fl/AL this weekend that was @ the Dome, and it sounded louder in there for that game than it does for most Falcons games. Sad, really.

Sorry those Aint's fans gave you so much grief. Thank you and the other Falcons fans who were there in person for making the trip and representing our team. Regardless of the outcome, we have everything to be happy and proud for this year. All the way up until that punt return, I had zero doubt that we would win that game. That is the difference this year, and is what is causing Abrahamburger to be even weirder than usual. (yes, I'm making excuses for him, but in a good way) ;)

The defense is bad? This is the same defense that styled on y'all *** the first time

Turner isn't anything special?

I guess being one of the top rushers in the NFC makes you bad...

Also, aren't the saints like 1-5 on the road?

How many divisional opponents have you beaten on the road?

Exactly.

HA @ Norwood not being relevant. So he didn't do anything this game, he still punched you in the mouth last game with that TD catch.

Ryan is not only pretty good, he's gonna give you Aint fans more than you can handle for the next 15 years.

Might as well **** your pants now and get it over with.

I like how an Aints fan talks **** about their 4 point win in their house when they got their **** stomped at our house.

Yall go on and on about yalls defense. What about the Saints defense with all the back ups

etc.

The game wouldn't and shouldn't have been close had the Saints had a D. ;)

Yeah it wouldn't be close if our D played as well as its been playing all year.

Doesn't matter how good your D is...Ryan is better.

RYAN IS THE TRUTH.

YOU WILL FEAR HIM FOR YEARS TO COME.