Matt Ryan is playing the game of his life and you take the ball out of his hands

Well, I look at it as either one of three reasons as to why Coach Smitty did what he did:

1. Putting the responsiblilty on his shoulders so that Matt wouldn't have to in case we didn't convert on 4th and 5 (I personally think we should have went for it since Matt was hitting every pass)

2. Let our defense take the responsibility to try and stop their offense.

3. Just a rookie HC mistake

its not like the defense was stopping them all day. I would have gone for it and given us a chance. If you didnt convert you would still end up having to stop them but atleast you would have given yourself a chance. What he did was hope and wish. I dont understand how you play an aggeresive game and then get all sissy at the end of the game. Oh well........its his call and he'll learn from it.

I do however HATE his brother in law (if that was him) for bringing up that 0-17 stat. Anytime someone does that the streak gets broken.

Short field for the team already ahead by the score, that also happens to be the #1 offense in the league?

;)

It wouldn't have mattered we were going to lose either way- whether we failed to make the first down or punted the ball. At least by going for it you give yourself a chance to win.

Punting the ball was Mike Smith saying "Okay, I give up" and I have no idea why he would do that with Ryan playing the game of his life and you guys sucking on defense.

I mean seriously, we're playing for a spot in the playoffs, we can't afford to just concede defeat like that.

No, it wouldn't. At least for me. I was all for it going 4th and 5. I knew if we don't make that one, we will lose anyway. But punting was like giving up and not even trying anymore.

Yur right. U would usually punt on 4th and 5...but our defense showed that we couldn't stop anything all day. If only Boley made that pick, we would've stop that drive and probably won. It sucks that your last two losses came on one catch, boley today and white not getting the TD in the Denver game -_-

No, it wouldn't. At least for me. I was all for it going 4th and 5. I knew if we don't make that one, we will lose anyway. But punting was like giving up and not even trying anymore.

Exactly my thoughts. We had a far better chance of Ryan converting on 4th and 5, then our ST's or D stopping NO.

Short field for the team already ahead by the score, that also happens to be the #1 offense in the league?

;)

And a team with fans that are #2. You are an Aint and you will always be an Aint. You won the game today - but come playoff time - when you are sitting there nut-hugging your mole-faced QB and watching other teams still playing - remember this - that young rookie that was out there today, playing in only his 13th game as an NFL QB - is going to own your team for years to come. You just watch.

And a team with fans that are #2. You are an Aint and you will always be an Aint. You won the game today - but come playoff time - when you are sitting there nut-hugging your mole-faced QB and watching other teams still playing - remember this - that young rookie that was out there today, playing in only his 13th game as an NFL QB - is going to own your team for years to come. You just watch.

Shoot, yall may even be #2 offense in the league after the Saints.

:rolleyes:

*sigh* as much as it pains me i have to agree with the majority here. that was a terrible call by the HC, mike smith.

he had to notice the D wasn't doing the job and still sent them on the field to make a 'game-winning stop'.

there is no doubt in my mind matty ice could have picked up that 4th down conversion with no problem, and we would

be talking about a different outcome right now. as depressing as it is we have to look on now to TB. *sigh* those -explitive- blitz

packages.....lets hope it's a better show than our last meet with them.

It wasnt a bad call. If your defense cannot make a critical stop you have no business winning the game. We could not run the ball. We could not stop the run or pass, our ST was not good. The passing game was good, but only because Ryan is some type of freak. We couldnt expoit a bad defense all day. Why in the would does anyone think we could make 5 yards when we needed to?

It wasnt a bad call. If your defense cannot make a critical stop you have no business winning the game. We could not run the ball. We could not stop the run or pass, our ST was not good. The passing game was good, but only because Ryan is some type of freak. We couldnt expoit a bad defense all day. Why in the would does anyone think we could make 5 yards when we needed to?

I'm not going to rake Smitty over the coals for the call. The defense didn't make a stop in the second half. At some point they have to if you're going to win on the road in the division. The D couldn't get it done...

That being said I didn't like the call at all. At home, with the crowd behind the D - yes. On the road - got to go for it.

I have a strong feeling Coach Smith, must like his FREAK rookie QB, will only improve. Future is bright in the ATL!!

p.s. Roddy has a little something to do with that passing game as well!

Hey that makes sense......

"Matt you've been lighting it up all day and im sure you can convert 4th and 5 just as well as you've converted 3rd and forever. Ya know what though lets put it on the defense......yeah I know they havent done a good job of getting stops but guess what? If they cant do it here we dont deserve to win.........go team!"