Check your unrealistic expectations

Bodhi

Guys and gals, I can't really believe the amount of "sky is falling" type of posts I see popping up on the forums here. We are 8-5 in the FIRST year of a MAJOR rebuilding project that was about as bad as anything the NFL has ever seen with what were the 2007 Atlanta Falcons. Get a little perspective on that, realize how far we've come in ONE brief offseason, and then think about exactly what it is you are complaining about.

Did the defense stink today? Sure did. But at the start of the season did anyone expect us to be the 2000 Ravens, or anywhere remotely close? Pretty sure most sane people would say no. I think the fact that we've played above and beyond what anyone thought was capable this year has given some fans some unrealistic expectations about this teams personnel. Dimitroff has had one offseason to address the deficiencies in this team; there is only so much you can get done in one year. There is still a lot of work for him to do in the coming years: mainly on the defensive side of the ball.

So while the loss definitely is a downer, let’s temper our unrealistic expectations a little bit and keep it in perspective just how far we have come from the hole we were in and just how bright our future appears to be with the solid foundation we are developing with TD, Smitty, Ryan, and others. We don't have all the pieces yet, so we shouldn't really be acting like we were picked to win it all this year and are dropping the ball. We were picked to go 1-15 for a reason! The fact we aren't anywhere close to that should make you ecstatic, not complainers.

Just look at my sig and feel better about your day

I don't get it the same ones who prase this team as the greatest thing since sliced bread after a win are the ones that are now bashing every aspect of this team. come on everybody inhale exhale the skys not falling were going hit bumps in the road from time to time.This is a young team that i've love to cher for and dam proud of.go falcons------------------------------

I agree we have done Well beyond my expectations this year, thats the thing, you get Wins you want more, then when you lose, its like Total Chicken Little Syndrome. I love everything this team has done this year and if the season ended today i would be happy, but the Saints are like the new 49ers. Were always going to hate them. Its like Florida-Georgia. ;)

Guys and gals, I can't really believe the amount of "sky is falling" type of posts I see popping up on the forums here. We are 8-5 in the FIRST year of a MAJOR rebuilding project that was about as bad as anything the NFL has ever seen with what were the 2007 Atlanta Falcons. Get a little perspective on that, realize how far we've come in ONE brief offseason, and then think about exactly what it is you are complaining about.

Did the defense stink today? Sure did. But at the start of the season did anyone expect us to be the 2000 Ravens, or anywhere remotely close? Pretty sure most sane people would say no. I think the fact that we've played above and beyond what anyone thought was capable this year has given some fans some unrealistic expectations about this teams personnel. Dimitroff has had one offseason to address the deficiencies in this team; there is only so much you can get done in one year. There is still a lot of work for him to do in the coming years: mainly on the defensive side of the ball.

So while the loss definitely is a downer, let’s temper our unrealistic expectations a little bit and keep it in perspective just how far we have come from the hole we were in and just how bright our future appears to be with the solid foundation we are developing with TD, Smitty, Ryan, and others. We don't have all the pieces yet, so we shouldn't really be acting like we were picked to win it all this year and are dropping the ball. We were picked to go 1-15 for a reason! The fact we aren't anywhere close to that should make you ecstatic, not complainers.

Just look at my sig and feel better about your day

Very Well Put... One of the best posts I have ever read.

THANK YOU...ANd that is not sarcasm.

I agree with the poster. We are not world beaters yet. Get a grip. It was a loss to a division rival. If you thought this was going to be a cake walk, then you are not that knowledgeable of the game.. We lost. We weren't even suppose to be here. Count your blessing and then move on to next week. It is what it is.

I refuse to accuse anyone or down this team for any loss!! We have played better than anyone ever expected!! I am very proud of our young team! I have been excited to watch this season and that says a lot! If we don't make it to the playoffs then that's ok!! There is always next season to come back even stronger and better!! GO BIRDS!!!!!! And, PLEASE....go kick the **** out of the Bucs next week!!!!!