Keith Brooking Is G A R B A G E!

YesWeCan08

Yes- a newbie bringing some objectivity to this board.

Keith Brooking should't even be allow to ride back home on the plane. Yes, most of the defense was horrid today, but Keith Brooking get beat each and every week.

thats just assanine...ride back on the plane? come on...no need to exaggerate that kind of nonsense just makes you look silly. i can appreciate objectivity which is what you say you are here for but stupid comments have no place in a decent conversation about improving the team....if you reall care about the team check your maturity

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly newb, don't assume you speak for others on the board. Brooking is an excellent player and a great Falcon. Is he in the latter stages of his career? Yes.

Thank you! When I saw this post I about screamed. Brooking played well today. It's a shame that evertime we lose or **** win for that matter some find a way to blame Brooking for something.

Keith Brooking is an embarrasement to all NFL Linebackers. Yet this organization continues to play favoritism and popularity. This is the reason the Falcons will never be a constant winner, unless Arthur let the image crap go and go after winners and playmakers.

Brooking prevented at least two plays from being first downs without help. He also defended a pass against Shockey. If you want to cry about any of the LB's it should be Boley. It looked like he thought his one arm would amazingly stop them from scoring on the goal line. Also isn't he the one that had initial contact on the last NO 1st down but he kind of sort of tried to make a tackle. Brooking saved big runs from the other side of the field.

Your comment about people support Brooking mainly in the North Metro shows you see the world through race colored glasses and you have no balls. Either have comments that are specific to certain plays in general or just go ahead and say "The only people that support Brooking are white people and that is only because he is white". Currently 70% of the NFL players are black and yet some idiot needs to call out "the white guy".

You need to change your user name to "NO..You Really Shouldn't". <_<

Brooking prevented at least two plays from being first downs without help. He also defended a pass against Shockey. If you want to cry about any of the LB's it should be Boley. It looked like he thought his one arm would amazingly stop them from scoring on the goal line. Also isn't he the one that had initial contact on the last NO 1st down but he kind of sort of tried to make a tackle. Brooking saved big runs from the other side of the field.

Your comment about people support Brooking mainly in the North Metro shows you see the world through race colored glasses and you have no balls. Either have comments that are specific to certain plays in general or just go ahead and say "The only people that support Brooking are white people and that is only because he is white". Currently 70% of the NFL players are black and yet some idiot needs to call out "the white guy".

You need to change your user name to "NO..You Really Shouldn't". <_<

I asked him for specific plays yesterday. This guy is just a race baiting troll, but at least he is transparent at this point.

Dude, you reek of race-baiting you troll!

How come no one wants to call this jack@ss out? What if someone said "because Boley is Blank's and South Atlanta's boy" this board would go ballistic! This trash doens't belong here. HeII, this trash doesn't deserve to live, and you people are letting him get away with his apparent racism. Un-freakin'believable!

Agreed. I smell a troll. This is the second Brooking bashing thread he's started in the last 24 hours. If you read the other 5 topics he's started today it's pretty obvious he doesn't know much football beyond the headlines and is desperate for attention. I won't be responding to any more of his crap.

K. Brooking 6-4 0.0 0 0

C. Lofton 6-1 0.0 0 0

C. Houston 5-1 0.0 0 0

M. Boley 4-0 0.0 0 0

E. Coleman 4-0 0.0 0 0

C. Davis 4-0 0.0 0 0

C. Jackson 4-0 0.0 0 0

J. Babineaux 3-1 0.0 0 0

D. Foxworth 3-0 0.0 0 0

L. Milloy 3-2 0.0 0 0

J. Abraham 1-0 0.0 0 0

G. Jackson 1-0 0.0 0 0

Abe 1 tackle, Gravy 1 tackle, Brooking 6 tackles YEP he's he garbage

I haven't gone back and looked at the tape, but it seems like the bulk of their rushing yards came on plays where they got us in nickel defense (Brooking and Boley) and then ran draw plays. We used their prior tendencies of throwing all the time from those sets and got burned. In those situations, Boley is generally on the TE side of the field and Brooking is in the middle of the field.

Bush's big run after the INT was exactly this type of situation. 3 WR and a draw play.

I haven't gone back and looked at the tape, but it seems like the bulk of their rushing yards came on plays where they got us in nickel defense (Brooking and Boley) and then ran draw plays. We used their prior tendencies of throwing all the time from those sets and got burned. In those situations, Boley is generally on the TE side of the field and Brooking is in the middle of the field.

Bush's big run after the INT was exactly this type of situation. 3 WR and a draw play.

As I suspected from my initial watching of the game, the LBs that truely got gashed in the run game were Brooking and Boley in our nickel defense. From an article from the AJC:

He and his staff often chose the wrong time to bring rookie middle linebacker Curtis Lofton to the sideline in favor of an additional cornerback to fill passing lanes against the Saints’ NFL-leading air attack.

New Orleans coach Sean Payton used many of those situations to gouge the Falcons for big gains on draw plays. The Saints would line up in a passing formation, causing linebackers Keith Brooking and Michael Boley to adjust their techniques to drop into coverage.

“They had some really big running lanes,” Brooking said. “You have to credit Sean Payton with devising a heck of a game plan.”

For Lofton, who has emerged as an outstanding defender against the run as a second-round draft pick from Oklahoma, the sight of Bush breaking off a 43-yard run in the first quarter and Thomas twice running for 18 yards in the second was hard to watch.

There was nothing he could do, however, as long as Atlanta defensive coordinator Brian VanGorder was deploying his nickel personnel.

“We lost as a team,” Lofton said. “It wasn’t one guy’s fault or one coach’s fault or one group of guys or anything like that. The bottom line is (New Orleans) made the plays they needed to win the game. We just have to get better.”

When Tampa Bay visits the Georgia Dome on Sunday, the Falcons (8-5) will have to contend with an arguably more effective and versatile corps of running backs in former teammate Warrick Dunn, Cadillac Williams and Earnest Graham.