This game was on the defense

Our defense is just pathetic. Pierre Thomas? Really? So you're going to make a third string RB look like an all pro? He played better than Turner did, he he gets a fraction of the carries. We couldn't stop the pass, coulnd't stop the run....simply...our defense sucks.

We need some major help on D. They didn't even deserve to dress up today....absolutely horrible.

In other news....our run blocking is as inconsistent as possible. I mean, c'mon, we can't even run the ball on the Saints? Really? No holes, no nothing. The o-line's ability to run block is something that needs to be addressed too. They played a terrible game, too.

Overall, the game is on our Defense.

the O line needs some upgrades. BIGGER STRONGER GUYS... but the defense should be priority number one in the off season...

lets take a look

D line: Sucks..only have JA55 as stud starter..need solid DT's..JA98 sucks

Linebackers: average.. Brooking has got to go.. he cant cover anybody. Boley has always been average...but this group is not bad

Backs: Suck so bad. Foxworth is a number 2 corner. our safeties are not physical enough..

For people blaming coaching staff are dumb. they did a miracle with what they have.. we had nobody special on the defense. coaching has really done a good job masking our problems.

Yeah, the defense is really to blame for this one. And again, a lot of it is our defensive line. Babs and Abraham have been fairly consistent, but the rest is a hodgepodge of mediocrity. I'd like to see us pick up a DE and DT early in the draft, or address one of those with a big FA signing.

The OP pointed out that the offensive line is lacking as well. We need upgrades at Guard and Center. McClure is nearing the end of his career anyway.

Our defense is just pathetic. Pierre Thomas? Really? So you're going to make a third string RB look like an all pro? He played better than Turner did, he he gets a fraction of the carries. We couldn't stop the pass, coulnd't stop the run....simply...our defense sucks.

We need some major help on D. They didn't even deserve to dress up today....absolutely horrible.

In other news....our run blocking is as inconsistent as possible. I mean, c'mon, we can't even run the ball on the Saints? Really? No holes, no nothing. The o-line's ability to run block is something that needs to be addressed too. They played a terrible game, too.

Overall, the game is on our Defense.

Absolutely agreed. This game was very similar to the game against Denver where we also couldn't stop anything. The personnel is obviously not great but I think Van Gorder needs to shoulder some of the blame. His defense is way too vanilla for my liking. Reminds me of Ed Zonatell.

I'm glad that you pointed out the inconsistency of our offensive line too. I've been saying this for awhile now, when they're on they're on, but there are some times when they just can't do anything. Its really a shame that we could not block better than that against this sorry Saints defense.