Hindsight is always 20/20

layogurt

when you people become coaches, you can make the calls

If he did go for it, and we missed, you guys would be crying that coach smith is getting too agressive

Accept the loss as a good game played, and look forward to the next three games.

exactly

two of which are at home, the other of which is in a dome where pretty much the entire Dline of the opposing team possibly out.

If he did go for it, and we missed, you guys would be crying that coach smith is getting too agressive

Accept the loss as a good game played, and look forward to the next three games.

What are you talking about? Why should we give them the ball back (and the game) to our terrible defense. We should have gone for it to keep the drive alive. What was the plan, punt the ball, HOPE we get the ball back and miraculously drive down the field with no time left???? Going for it was flat out the best decision to make...Plus I would rather Matt Ryan have to get 5 yards than our defense stop the #1 offense in the league for 3 consecutive plays (which we didn't do all game). We punted and Matt Ryan was just standing there waiting for a chance to win the game, but it never happened. So punting was a terrible call and it wasnt in hindsight bc we knew when it happened that we had no chance....

People questioned that call in real-time on this site. Brian Billick questioned the call right after it was made. If you were following the game you would have realized that the defense had not make one single stop in the second half and it was very likely that we would not get the ball back after that punt.

I would not have been happy to lose if we'd gone for it on 4th and 5 and come up short, but I would not have blamed that call for the loss.

Did you watch the game??If you would have,you would have seen that our D was terrible today.There D was pretty bad as well.Today was a day of offenses.We had been hot and should have gone for it.Every TRUE falcon fan knew when we punted that it was over.Sorry.That's just reality.

C'mon. You know it's imperative that we blame every loss on one particular call, play, penalty. player, etc. That's what the majority of these posters do. The Saints could had gone for it on fourth and short early in the game and scored a touchdown instead of a field goal. I was hoping we went for it on that play. AS I WAS SITTING ON MY COUCH. Sure the Saints had been dominating the line if scrimmage, but who knows what other factors were involved in deciding to punt. Injuries, fatigue, etc.. Not to mention having to make the call quickly or lose another timeout. I wanted to go for it, but the safe call was made under the circumstances. I will just sit back now and read all the posts about who and what cost us the game. The game is 60 minutes and is filled with twists and turns that we as fans are not aware of. Great game. Congrats to the Saints. Wait..................Maybe we should have squib kicked it on our last kickoff so Thomas couldn't run it back? Or maybe we should have.............blah blah blah.