Best Buy to price cut PS3, Xbox 360 titles Sun.

Best Buy Co. Inc. stores will price cut select game titles for Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3 and Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 in a new week-long video game sale.

Beginning Dec. 7, Konami Corp.'s Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) will be discounted to $39.99, $10 off the MSRP. Additionally, Dangerous Hunts 2009 (PS3) will be sold at $$29.99, $10 off the MSRP, and The Simpsons Game (PS3) at $9.99 after a $10 savings.

Discounted Xbox 360 titles include Tom Clancy's EndWar at $39.99, Civil War at $29.99, Legendary at $39.99, and Far Cry 2 at $39.99.

Retailers have held a range of new video game sales to spur consumer spending in a tough economic climate.

Amazon.com is offering $50 off the purchase of Sony Corp.'s Playstation 3, game, Blu-ray disc, and remote in a new high-definition promotion.

Additionally, it restocked the backwards compatible PS3 80GB Metal Gear Solid 4 SKU at $499.99.

This week, the retailer began a new '15 Days, 15 Deals' promotion that offers a new video game deal each day for 15 consecutive days.

Microsoft on Sept. 5 discounted all Xbox 360 hardware in the U.S. between $50 to $80.

The company this week said that the Xbox 360 hardware outsold the PS3 by 3-to-1 on Black Friday, according to internal retail data sales figures.

The company this week said that the Xbox 360 hardware outsold the PS3 by 3-to-1 on Black Friday, according to internal retail data sales figures.

What??? This cannot be!!! How can so many people support negligence, incompetence, and deceit?

Wom, how does this make you feel?

What??? This cannot be!!! How can so many people support negligence, incompetence, and deceit?

Wom, how does this make you feel?

1.) Sources say Microsoft used Sony's numbers from last year, not this year's. Microsoft has no knowledge of how much Sony sold in retail. They won't know until NPD's are released in a week.

2.) Microsoft lowered the price of its POS to prices lower than the Wii because the PS3 was beating it throughout the year. The X360 is now $199, the PS3 is still $400.

Problem is, Sony has years and years of price cuts coming where its console will explode in sales as a result. Microsoft is already done. They may got to $150 in a year or two from now, but that won't have as great of an effect.

You can support negligence, ignorance is your excuse. You were shut up in our other argument, so drop it and save some dignity.

I would like to add the data is mined from Best buy. I'm sure they know what they've sold. Never the less the NPD results will be out and I'm sure I'll post it.

It's actually in Microsoft PR.

By "The company", they're referring to Microsoft since they just mentioned it in the previous sentence. Best Buy would not reveal such data.

Sigh...

1.) Sources say Microsoft used Sony's numbers from last year, not this year's. Microsoft has no knowledge of how much Sony sold in retail. They won't know until NPD's are released in a week.

2.) Microsoft lowered the price of its POS to prices lower than the Wii because the PS3 was beating it throughout the year. The X360 is now $199, the PS3 is still $400.

Problem is, Sony has years and years of price cuts coming where its console will explode in sales as a result. Microsoft is already done. They may got to $150 in a year or two from now, but that won't have as great of an effect.

You can support negligence, ignorance is your excuse. You were shut up in our other argument, so drop it and save some dignity.

wow...it amazes me that you come up with an excuse for everything....quite funny sometimes

wow...it amazes me that you come up with an excuse for everything....quite funny sometimes

What's funny, or rather quite saddening, is to see people defend and financially support practices that involve negligence, deception, and incompetence.

It takes a lot of ignorance and/or blindness to continue to defend such practices. Even once you are educated about the situation, you still defend them, thus I guess it's more of blindness. Not something to be proud of. I would conceal such mentality.

Womfalcs don't get me started your rants are fruitless and getting quite sad.....

Everytime you talk non-sense you never have proof to back up your claims, it's all a conspiracy to you.

Yet when Sales numbers are provided you're no where to be found, I think that speaks volumes.

I discuss sales on NeoGAF, not with people like you. I discuss sales with sensible people. I discuss sales with people who have a good thinking ability. You couldn't even comprehend the simple reading you had in the article, and you expect me to carry out a sensible conversation with you?

Get out of here. All your posts here consist of the intent to bait others.

Elevate your thinking and argument-making, and then I may consider discussing sales with you.

Funny because only children taunt children.

You people are on Woms **** so ****ing hard it is ridiculous. All because he likes the PS3. He consistantly owns the **** out of every last 1 of you and makes you look like idiots (From an outsiders perspective). **** look at dirtybirdnation he obviously has NO reading comprehension skills.

I'm on this site for the Falcons... not to defend the Playstation or the Xbox. When conversations get slow... or repetitive in the Talk about the Falcons forum, I come down here and make a few posts.

I don't give a **** if he likes the PS3. That's fine, and does not change any aspect of my life. I do not lose 1 second of sleep over that. The fact that I choose the 360 over the PS3 and am verbally assaulted is going to make me keep encouraging an argument. He gets that upset over something as simple in life as which game system someone chooses? That's ridiculous. It's quite amazing he hasn't snapped and killed anyone yet. I doubt he has had much social interaction in his life.

So, not really sure what your point is here, but this PS3 fanboy hasn't "owned" anyone.

Judging by your Little Big Planet sig and the fact that you're from Idaho, I'm going to assume that you don't get out much either.

:lol::lol::lol: You are an idiot. So what does me having a Killzone avi and a GoW2 sig mean?

BTW, you are the one that is getting addicted to the VGF for the sole purpose of getting Wom worked up, right? Maybe it's you that needs to get off your computer and get out more.

:lol::lol::lol: You are an idiot. So what does me having a Killzone avi and a GoW2 sig mean?

BTW, you are the one that is getting addicted to the VGF for the sole purpose of getting Wom worked up, right? Maybe it's you that needs to get off your computer and get out more.

Maybe... OR.... perhaps it's something to do during slow times at work? Crazy thought.

Maybe... OR.... perhaps it's something to do during slow times at work? Crazy thought.

Fair enough, but IMO ruffling feathers (a.k.a. trolling) is not a great way to kill time. I still don't understand the LBP sig/ Idaho/ don't get out logic, but hey... do your thing.

Judging by your ignorance I'm going to assume your a 12 year old.

I grew up in georgia, joined the air force and I am stationed in Boise Idaho. for 1 Boise is a thriving city that happens to be one of the fastest growing cities in the US. I dont get out much? Idaho is home to some of the finest outdoor recreation activities in the Nation. there are 5 Mountains on which to ski and snowboard all with 3 hours of Boise 1 of which is a top 10 ski resorts in the nation (Sun Valley). Those same mountains during the summer serve for mountain bikers, and Hikers. The hunting and Fishing out here is easily 100x Better than anywhere in the south-east. The State is also 100x more beautiful than Georgia and has much better Camping/RV/Wilderness See Sawtooth Mountains. Also Im 4 hours from Yellowstone...You are an uneducated imbocile.

Dam, right Boise is beautiful and Idaho overall is pretty awesome, great snowboarding, hunting and fishing. Some people are really close minded. Just because you have never left your state doesnt mean you need to diss on others.

Funny because only children taunt children.

You people are on Woms **** so ****ing hard it is ridiculous. All because he likes the PS3. He consistantly owns the **** out of every last 1 of you and makes you look like idiots (From an outsiders perspective). **** look at dirtybirdnation he obviously has NO reading comprehension skills.

:lol: And what exactly are you attempting to do here ????

Pot calling kettle black???