What game to buy?

i play on 360 so i dont know about LBP......but fallout 3 is awesome!!!!! you can pretty much play it over and over and have completely different games......plus i think new content is in the works to be available via download.......

great graphics,.....and ridiculously open gameplay with so many different options........great game.....

LittleBigPlanet is awesome.

Here's a great review of the game:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42078.html

They gave it a 9.4. LBP is one of the highest-rated games in gaming history. This is not an exaggeration. If you look at the aggregate scoring of the game, it's one of the top rated games ever.

You can also play this game with those in your family who may not be traditional video gamers. There's a 4-player offline and online co-op.

If you're looking for a mature title, definitely Fallout. Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns.

They gave it a 9.4. LBP is one of the highest-rated games in gaming history. This is not an exaggeration. If you look at the aggregate scoring of the game, it's one of the top rated games ever.

Yeah its a game that I was looking forward to for a while but my PS3 died right before it came out. I should have the PS3 back soon but I wanted to play LBP first so I could see if I liked the gameplay. With Fallout, I know what I am getting.

You can also play this game with those in your family who may not be traditional video gamers. There's a 4-player offline and online co-op.

If you're looking for a mature title, definitely Fallout. Fallout 3 is basically Oblivion with guns.

No it isn't there have been several in the past two years that got perfect 10's.

No it isn't there have been several in the past two years that got perfect 10's.

Aggregated scoring system. One that takes the average of all reviews. Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 from GameSpot, for example, but its score average was around 92%.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938583.asp

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...littlebigplanet

95% for LBP.

Aggregated scoring system. One that takes the average of all reviews. Metal Gear Solid 4 got a 10 from GameSpot, for example, but its score average was around 92%.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938583.asp

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...littlebigplanet

95% for LBP.

I give LBP and MGS a 5 and 4 respectively. I can't get into a game that's characters look like something from the Littlest Pet Shop. And MGS was just like the rest of the titles in the series.

Yeah its a game that I was looking forward to for a while but my PS3 died right before it came out. I should have the PS3 back soon but I wanted to play LBP first so I could see if I liked the gameplay. With Fallout, I know what I am getting.

How can you support bad engineering? It reflects poorly on you as a person. (I'm kidding).

Get Fallout if you liked Oblivion. I tried 3 or 4 different games on the 360 to try to replace my Oblivion addiction, but to no avail. It wasn't until I played Fallout that I remembered what staying awake way to late to be functional the next day was like.

How can you support bad engineering? It reflects poorly on you as a person. (I'm kidding).

Get Fallout if you liked Oblivion. I tried 3 or 4 different games on the 360 to try to replace my Oblivion addiction, but to no avail. It wasn't until I played Fallout that I remembered what staying awake way to late to be functional the next day was like.

Please don't insult yourself. I hope you can see the difference between acceptable manufacturing defect rate (which happens with all products that are mass-produced), and the intentional gimping of testing that results in a 33% failure rate.

If you don't, then ouch. Don't come back with "I was joking." as your response, because jokes that are inspired from ignorance aren't funny or reasonable. It's like somebody writing a joke that consists of the Sun emitting radiation that has blue color.

I have worked on design projects that require design for manufacturing principles, so I'll be glad to discuss manufacturing with you.

Please don't insult yourself. I hope you can see the difference between acceptable manufacturing defect rate (which happens with all products that are mass-produced), and the intentional gimping of testing that results in a 33% failure rate.

If you don't, then ouch. Don't come back with "I was joking." as your response, because jokes that are inspired from ignorance aren't funny or reasonable. It's like somebody writing a joke that consists of the Sun emitting radiation that has blue color.

I have worked on design projects that require design for manufacturing principles, so I'll be glad to discuss manufacturing with you.

Insult myself? I was mocking a dooshy little kid on the internet that takes video games way to seriously. Not myself, but I am a big enough person to not name names ;)

Insult myself? I was mocking a dooshy little kid on the internet that takes video games way to seriously. Not myself, but I am a big enough person to not name names ;)

It's a problem if you think supporting negligence shouldn't be taken seriously. This is why US car makers are being hammered. Taking quality assurance lightly.

Sad mentalities.

I have an original Xbox. I love it. If Microsoft didn't deceive and neglect, I'd have an X360 too. It's not about video games I don't like the X360. It's not a PS3 vs. X360 thing. It's an X360 thing. I am sorry you can't see that. From your posts though, I am not surprised you can't.

It's a problem if you think supporting negligence shouldn't be taken seriously. This is why US car makers are being hammered. Taking quality assurance lightly.

Sad mentalities.

I have an original Xbox. I love it. If Microsoft didn't deceive and neglect, I'd have an X360 too. It's not about video games I don't like the X360. It's not a PS3 vs. X360 thing. It's an X360 thing. I am sorry you can't see that. From your posts though, I am not surprised you can't.

I will try not to lose any sleep.

WT **** IS LBP about. the commercials look stupid as ****, but people tell me its amazing and you can make anything??? :blink: :blink: whats the point of the game, and id go Fallout 3. Looks bad *** as ****.

You mean this commercial?

LittleBigPlanet's description is given in the review I quoted above. It's a community-driven game where you can design/create and upload levels onto a YouTube-like service. You can play other people's levels, and you can rate them/comment on them/etc..

There are 200,000 levels that users have created already. It's countless hours of just playing around levels, favoriting them, and so on.

People in the game have already played a total of 56 million levels online as of two weeks ago (I should say they've played the levels online 56 million times).

You mean this commercial?

LittleBigPlanet's description is given in the review I quoted above. It's a community-driven game where you can design/create and upload levels onto a YouTube-like service. You can play other people's levels, and you can rate them/comment on them/etc..

There are 200,000 levels that users have created already. It's countless hours of just playing around levels, favoriting them, and so on.

People in the game have already played a total of 56 million levels online as of two weeks ago (I should say they've played the levels online 56 million times).

I played it last night for a few minutes at GameStop. It's like the Sims but with Littlest Pet Shop characters. I still thought it sucked, even after playing it.

I played it last night for a few minutes at GameStop. It's like the Sims but with Littlest Pet Shop characters. I still thought it sucked, even after playing it.

You're in the minority there. Also, please be mature when expressing your opinion. When you expressed your negative opinion on it previously in this thread, you obviously never played it before (Since you're admitting you played it for the first time last night.). How could you come to such conclusion without playing it before?

It's frustrating to see people behave like this.

I love the game, my family and friends love the game, and countless others do so too. It was just #2 on Amazon's bestsellers list not too long ago. Reviewers love the game.

There will be Disney characters and themes coming to the game, as well characters/themes from other video games and movies.

You're in the minority there. Also, please be mature when expressing your opinion. When you expressed your negative opinion on it previously in this thread, you obviously never played it before (Since you're admitting you played it for the first time last night.). How could you come to such conclusion without playing it before?

It's frustrating to see people behave like this.

I love the game, my family and friends love the game, and countless others do so too. It was just #2 on Amazon's bestsellers list not too long ago. Reviewers love the game.

There will be Disney characters and themes coming to the game, as well characters/themes from other video games and movies.

I didn't like the game from the previews, I reviewed it based on what I saw in them. I then played it last night and still hated it, and I find the characters to be pretty much copied from Littlest Pet Shop.

You can not tell me that the characters seen in the following 2 images are not eerily similar:

vips-littlest-pet-shop-874407_800_600.jpg

little_big_planet_22.jpg

Big deal, they put costumes on them. Still the same principle and the same lines.

You really need to get off of your high horse. You are not the Sony God. I like my PS3 as much as the next guy, but liking a system and being a fanboy are 2 different entities. You're the latter. Seriously, get over yourself, Sony doesn't pay you. Your opinion on games also aren't the gospel. You like the game, and I'm proud for you. Congrats, really. But I don't share the same opinion. I think it's bland.

Be honest, you really are the guy from Grandma's Boy aren't you, you know, the one pictured here in the background:

2725764.jpg

I bet that character was based on you. In summation, just because you like a game doesn't mean everyone has to.