It looks like Oklahoma-Florida for BCS title, but stay tuned

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go **** yourself *******

don't disrespect my work just because we disagree on college football.

You lack ZERO substance besides, "they are undefeated." Why should Boise State and Utah be in the title game over teams that played much, much tougher schedules? ****, they are both behind three teams from the same conference! Sportswriters are meant to be criticized and if your work is anything like your "points" on this forum post, they lack substance and are the reason you are "paid per click."

You lack ZERO substance besides, "they are undefeated." Why should Boise State and Utah be in the title game over teams that played much, much tougher schedules? ****, they are both behind three teams from the same conference! Sportswriters are meant to be criticized and if your work is anything like your "points" on this forum post, they lack substance and are the reason you are "paid per click."

I can take criticism fine, but blatant disrespect based on assumptions is uncalled for.

We can agree to disagree on Boise and Utah, I just think it is wrong that a team can win all their games and have no shot at a title. The BCS Supporters have always said that the regular season is like a playoff, but that is not the case.

Teams like Boise and Utah (and almost Ball State, ugh) are the biggest reason why we need a playoff. I think it needs to be 16 teams just so it can prevent teams like Boise getting jumped by someone like a 2 loss Ohio State (like tonight)

If every conference champion gets in I will be happy. If they put in some loophole to get **** teams like Troy out then I will be all for that. Not allowing teams with more than 2 losses or only allowing a team in the top 20 or so in the BCS formula would work fine.

But until then I feel like I have to stand up for the team who beat everyone on their schedule and got no chance to even prove themselves. Let the play Oklahoma or Florida. They will likely lose, but I think some of these teams can make a game out of it like this year's Utah and Boise from 2 years ago. But what if they win? That is the biggest problem for me. How do we know for sure that they won't win? Everyone knew the Patriots would smoke the Giants last year too.

I can take criticism fine, but blatant disrespect based on assumptions is uncalled for.

We can agree to disagree on Boise and Utah, I just think it is wrong that a team can win all their games and have no shot at a title. The BCS Supporters have always said that the regular season is like a playoff, but that is not the case.

Teams like Boise and Utah (and almost Ball State, ugh) are the biggest reason why we need a playoff. I think it needs to be 16 teams just so it can prevent teams like Boise getting jumped by someone like a 2 loss Ohio State (like tonight)

If every conference champion gets in I will be happy. If they put in some loophole to get **** teams like Troy out then I will be all for that. Not allowing teams with more than 2 losses or only allowing a team in the top 20 or so in the BCS formula would work fine.

But until then I feel like I have to stand up for the team who beat everyone on their schedule and got no chance to even prove themselves. Let the play Oklahoma or Florida. They will likely lose, but I think some of these teams can make a game out of it like this year's Utah and Boise from 2 years ago. But what if they win? That is the biggest problem for me. How do we know for sure that they won't win? Everyone knew the Patriots would smoke the Giants last year too.

The regular season is like a playoff, but you have to play good to great opponents to prove that your belong in the talk for the title game. Playing a sub .500 combined opponent record season should not qualify you for having a season worthy of being considered for the BCS title game.

I agree that we need a 16 team playoff, but not because of teams like Boise State and Utah because of teams like Southern Cal, Texas, Texas Tech, Florida, and Oklahoma. I think the BCS conference winners should get automatic bids into the playoff and then the "best of the rest." Winning the MWC or WAC should not guarantee you a spot in the playoffs.

Winning the MWC or WAC should not guarantee you a spot in the playoffs.

I can agree with that, but there has to be something in place to guarantee unbeaten teams a shot. If no one thinks they are that good, that's fine. Make the travel to USC or whatever for a first round game. Just as long as they get a chance.

But i definitely wouldnt want to see teams like Troy, Buffalo, or East Carolina in there this season, so if they didnt guarantee a spot to all the conferences i would be OK with it

I can agree with that, but there has to be something in place to guarantee unbeaten teams a shot. If no one thinks they are that good, that's fine. Make the travel to USC or whatever for a first round game. Just as long as they get a chance.

But i definitely wouldnt want to see teams like Troy, Buffalo, or East Carolina in there this season, so if they didnt guarantee a spot to all the conferences i would be OK with it

I agree with that. Round of 16 at the higher ranked team's home stadium or the BCS conference champion's home stadium. Round of 8 and beyond played at regional locations. Round of 4, BCS title game, and 3rd place game played at rotating venues consisting of: the Rose Bowl, the Fiesta Bowl, the Orange Bowl, and the Sugar Bowl. No more than three teams from the same conference allowed in the playoff system.

Automatic Qualifiers:

Oklahoma

Florida

Virginia Tech

Penn State

Southern Cal

Cincinnati

At-Large Qualifiers:

Texas

Alabama

Utah

Texas Tech

Boise State

Ohio State

Texas Christian

Georgia Tech

Georgia

Brigham Young

16 team playoff for this year:

@ #1 Oklahoma v #16 Virginia Tech

@#8 Penn State v #9 Boise State

@#5 Southern Cal v #12 Cincinatti

@#4 Alabama v #13 Georgia Tech

@#3 Texas v #14 Georgia

@#6 Utah v #11 Texas Christian

@#7 Texas Tech v #10 Ohio State

@ #2 Florida v #15 Brigham Young

FL wins, Falcons lose...yuck.

Guess that you must win your conference argument sounds a bit off key for this one. TX beats OU head to head and doesn't have a shot to play in conference and title game due to coin flip...pretty funny-imagine if Oscar coached TX-that'd be one hilarious press conference.

FL will beat OU by 20+

FL wins, Falcons lose...yuck.

Guess that you must win your conference argument sounds a bit off key for this one. TX beats OU head to head and doesn't have a shot to play in conference and title game due to coin flip...pretty funny-imagine if Oscar coached TX-that'd be one hilarious press conference.

FL will beat OU by 20+

Coin flip??? That was a later tiebreaker... Please read and understand a conference's rules before posting...

What great passing quarterback has Florida played this year?

What great running quarterbacks have Oklahoma played this year?

Stop with the moronic statements of, "FL will beat OU by 20+."

Coin flip??? That was a later tiebreaker... Please read and understand a conference's rules before posting...

What great passing quarterback has Florida played this year?

What great running quarterbacks have Oklahoma played this year?

Stop with the moronic statements of, "FL will beat OU by 20+."

Good one internet tough guy. There is another team better than OU in the Big 12: that's no secret. It's sad there's no playoff system where we can't see the best teams compete head to head.

Good one internet tough guy. There is another team better than OU in the Big 12: that's no secret. It's sad there's no playoff system where we can't see the best teams compete head to head.

Really? Who is the better team? Texas lost to Texas Tech. Oklahoma beat Texas Tech. Oklahoma lost to Texas. Who is the best in a three way tie?

What do you base this on? I came on here and said, "TT loses by at least 20 points and Crabtree is held under 100 yards." You guys call me crazy, as does many "in the know about college football." Most people who vote, including sportswriters, have no great knowledge at all about college football.

Alabama being one was all about the hype of Saban and the hype the SEC was receiving. After Georgia got blown out by Florida, that win by 'Bama looked less and less impressive. Alabama played a weak schedule this year, compared to how tough that same schedule would have been last year or two years ago.

It is hard to go undefeated when the Big 12 South has four teams in the top 15... Alabama was the only team in the SEC West ranked in the top 15 and only Ole Miss (#25) and LSU (#40) were ranked in the top 40...

It is so ironic to have a OU fan says another team is over rated. OU has started almost every season of the last decade over ranked except for the one year and it has shown in your bowl games. I mean Boise State...??

I will say this OU team is pretty good but Florida will bring you back to reality. If anyone is over rated, it is Stoops and he will prove it again on Jan 8.

It is so ironic to have a OU fan says another team is over rated. OU has started almost every season of the last decade over ranked except for the one year and it has shown in your bowl games. I mean Boise State...??

I will say this OU team is pretty good but Florida will bring you back to reality. If anyone is over rated, it is Stoops and he will prove it again on Jan 8.

:lol: Not overranked by much at all except one (2005). Record since 2002= 78 (should be 79)-16 (should be 15)

2008:

Preseason= 4th in AP

Final= 2nd in AP as of right now

2007:

Preseason= 8th in AP

Final= 8th

2006:

Preseason= 10th in AP

Final= 11th

2005:

Preseason= 7th in AP

Final= 22rd

2004:

Preseason= 2nd in AP

Final= 3rd in AP

2003:

Preseason= 1st in AP

Final= 3rd in AP

2002:

Preseason= 2nd in AP

Final= 5th in AP

Playing a team in a bowl game is much different from playing them during the regular season. Yes, Boise State beat us with gimmick plays on 4th down, beating up our wide receiver turned quarterback, yada yada yada...

We have already played two great running quarterbacks, both of which ARE BETTER THAN TIM TEBOW. This game won't give us any new challenge.

:lol: Not overranked by much at all except one (2005). Record since 2002= 78 (should be 79)-16 (should be 15)

2008:

Preseason= 4th in AP

Final= 2nd in AP as of right now

2007:

Preseason= 8th in AP

Final= 8th

2006:

Preseason= 10th in AP

Final= 11th

2005:

Preseason= 7th in AP

Final= 22rd

2004:

Preseason= 2nd in AP

Final= 3rd in AP

2003:

Preseason= 1st in AP

Final= 3rd in AP

2002:

Preseason= 2nd in AP

Final= 5th in AP

Playing a team in a bowl game is much different from playing them during the regular season. Yes, Boise State beat us with gimmick plays on 4th down, beating up our wide receiver turned quarterback, yada yada yada...

We have already played two great running quarterbacks, both of which ARE BETTER THAN TIM TEBOW. This game won't give us any

new challenge.

I will agree with you on Bowl games being different. Only one of them really means anything when I comes down to it except for the next season preseason rankings I guess.

I think you guys have a pretty good team this year , I think better than when you won the NC maybe and I think both teams have great offenses but I think Florida's Defense will be the difference in this one but hopefully it will be a good game.

You might have played two great quaterbacks but you have not played an all around college football player like Tebow this year....you will see. Your D will not be able to stop them and theirs will slow you down enough to win IMO.

By the way, one of those Great QBs you faced is going to have a hard time against Ole MIss I think. That should be a fun game to watch also.

Lulz at all the talk of Tebow not having the "stats" to compete and how he won't be a challenge. Tebow has stepped out early for EIGHT games this year FYI. So because he doesn't have 400 TD passes this year like Bradford he won't be a challenge?

Why do you think you are going to dominate a team ranked 5th in scoring defense and 9th in yards per game? Considering Florida has played top defenses all year, what new challenge is the Sooners 57th ranked defense?

Oh so Oklahoma will win the game with offense you say...

Oklahoma: 1st (54 PPG)

Florida: 3rd (45.2 PPG, and that's WITHOUT STAT PADDING)

Why will Oklahoma's defense hold up against a strong Florida offense?

Lulz at all the talk of Tebow not having the "stats" to compete and how he won't be a challenge. Tebow has stepped out early for EIGHT games this year FYI. So because he doesn't have 400 TD passes this year like Bradford he won't be a challenge?

Why do you think you are going to dominate a team ranked 5th in scoring defense and 9th in yards per game? Considering Florida has played top defenses all year, what new challenge is the Sooners 57th ranked defense?

Oh so Oklahoma will win the game with offense you say...

Oklahoma: 1st (54 PPG)

Florida: 3rd (45.2 PPG, and that's WITHOUT STAT PADDING)

South Carolina and Kentucky thought they'd hold UF's offense in check too since they'd been doing that to their opponents all year. You might want to ask them how that turned out.

Bradford came out just as much as Tebow. The only difference is Bradford throws for more yards while hes in. Tebow isnt a pimple on Bradfords rump.

Its the 65th ranked defense the sooners have, and it wont be any new challenge at all for the gators offense...The challenge for the gators will be stopping the passing game of the sooners or at least keeping it in check which the gators can do..

That's really all you got?

So would Oklahoma have beaten Alabama? Also, I made an edit towards the end of my original post talking about what you just said, go read it....

OU would have blown Bama away. OU can play smash mouth football with those big linemen, or spread you out and let Bradford destroy your secondary. And I hate OU but they will beat UF. Just like I knew UF would cover the spread against Bama